Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I won't have a pet in WoD (lone wolf!), can I still taunt?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

it's true not every class needs an execute. DPS needs to be balanced around not having an execute though, meaning more damage on explosive, serpent and black arrow.

Enhancement doesn't have an execute, neither does ele. Boomkins and ferals don't have one either. Monks don't have one (touch of death is hardly ever used).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    There are also multiple threads bringing up the same subject which was my main criticism. The op could of easily just added on to one of those existing threads instead of making more and more threads about the same topic. Hence why it's just someone starting a thread to complain about something that haas already been brought up in past threads. He could easy voice his opinion in the alpha notes thread for example which talks about these issues frequently.
    Ya know, if you want to be a mod, talk to the mods. Otherwise, if these threads piss you off so much, take responsibility for your own actions and don't read them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    it's true not every class needs an execute. DPS needs to be balanced around not having an execute though, meaning more damage on explosive, serpent and black arrow.

Enhancement doesn't have an execute, neither does ele. Boomkins and ferals don't have one either. Monks don't have one (touch of death is hardly ever used).
    What worries me about not having an execute is the encounter design. If enough bosses have a burn phase you might want an execute. If few bosses have a burn phase and SV's DPS is overall higher to compensate for the lack of an execute then (skill and gear being equal), SV would be the preferred spec from a DPS perspective. IT will be interesting to see how they deal with this.

it's not that interesting, all those specs i listed don't have executes and they do absolutely fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, since they've been balanced correctly around it. I'd anticipate SV will be too, but we'll see.

More to the point, I wish they would have taken the time to really overhaul the specs ala locks. Removing KS and adding a pet less talent option isn't really differentiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I feel people ran out of things to complain about, so they jump onto the Distracting Shot bandwagon. Of all the things you can complain about, of all the issues we have, of all the new things causing issues, people decided to moan about Distracting Shot. I just can't even fathom where it comes from.
    i quit the game and decided to come and read some about the changes to see if i will come back for the xpac. i can tell you this, for the hunter that solo stuff this is a big hit (distracting shot). for the hunter that loves to quest and grind dailys same deal, heck even for the hunter that raids and even the pvp hunter, taunting pets is something you can do in pvp, those retards that love to have pets on assist.

do not like the distracting shot removal.

do not care about widow venom or sv no execute.

think they will balance sv without execute so it wont matter. we wont provide ms effect in arena if they keep the same direction of the class (mongo damage). growl change make no sense, specially because how pet work in this game. they are not a advantage is the other way around.

so far havent seen anything to want me resub again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll bite.

Removing Distracting Shot and "replacing" it with an Improved Growl is a step in the wrong direction. I understand that they want to remove buttons, but the plays that you could do (especially in clutch situations) with Distracting Shot were huge, and having a large range Growl is simply not going to be the same.

In terms of Celestalon's latest tweets, while I *hope* they give hunters some kind of raid cooldown (being one of two classes that don't have one now), I won't hold my breath. Inb4 a cooldown that allows everyone to cast on the move for X seconds

With respect to the Executes, I take no issue with the change. It will really come down to where the numbers land and the encounter: do we need more damage when the boss is < 35%? Will the boss remain in Execute range for an extended period of time? It may make Survival a little too bland with nothing changing with respect to the rotation throughout the fight.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2014-04-22 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    No, but thanks for your contribution.

100% agreed WRT distracting shot. I don't know that we'd have killed Garrosh without it, the first few times at least. Being able to taunt the big adds away from each other so they can be killed separately is a key part of the fight, and this change means I'd have to keep my pet next to me (instead of DPSing) or at least place the pet somewhere specifically, etc.
    as they spawn bring your pet to you by putting it on passive , target mob press growl , job done .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post

This, we wont be the only ones

People just like to whinge I guess without thinking of how changes can be used to their advantage. look at the big picture people, look at the whole patch notes, not just the changes to Hunters in isolation.
    Last edited by Sul; 2014-04-22 at 02:41 AM.

Deleted
    Mine big concern is the complete lack of any execution range for survival.Yet we are in the beginning now but if they dint think for something to replace Kill shot i will fall to sleep in the 5th minute of the fight later
    About distract shoot what can i say they remove it in favor to something who is too complex to be used ever.
    If i want to pull of enemy from healer lets say or just away from the group i have to move mine pet then to press taunt and hope that the pet will survive next 2 hits or just sitting and control mine pet from point to point and do nothing else in that time
    They should have to remove pet taunt and connect distracting shot with misdirection to pet it will be much more simple

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am mostly concerned about the removal of kill shot from survival and the massive buffing to it. I have played a survival hunter as my main since I started the game in wotlk. Now they buff kill shot by about 30-35% more damage AND the 2 specs that can use it will be able to use it on creatures below 35% health now instead of 20%.......and survival gets nothing at all to compensate........wtf are they thinking, do they not want anyone to play survival anymore? Survival hunters will get blow away by the other 2 specs for the last 3rd of every fight, so unless our sustained damage is way higher for the entire fight we won't even be able to compete at all.

Also for survival hunters that choose the lvl 100 talent to ditch their pet for 30% more dmg, how the hell are they supposed to taunt without distracting shot or pet growl....

I just think people are only over-reacting this heavily to DS being gone because they're simply removing it.. I doubt 90% of the hunter community even has it bound for raids or whatever. "I'm going to distracting shot the boss guys!" said no hunter ever in SoO. We're also not fucking tanks, who cares about not having a taunt 100% of the time you're on your hunter toon. If you solo stuff, why do you need a petless talent? Pets are core for soloing last time I recall, so people using that in their arguments just look like people once more complaining a bit too much over a shot being taken out.

A lot of classes lost things that felt nostalgic and close to their toons, welcome to change, we can't have everything we want.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Ya know, if you want to be a mod, talk to the mods. Otherwise, if these threads piss you off so much, take responsibility for your own actions and don't read them.
    On the flip side, making threads is also a responsibility which is frequently abused in the name of trying to make your mark stand out over everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    On the flip side, making threads is also a responsibility which is frequently abused in the name of trying to make your mark stand out over everyone else.
    With an interesting face in the title to draw people into the rantings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Criticism and discussion of design decisions are more than valid topics on these forums. Please stop telling people they're just whining, as opposed to offering feedback. Furthermore, these topics can be discussed from a design perspective without actually playing around with it, though in-game experience always helps to reinforce your opinion.
    Feedback............on a non-Blizzard forum.............maybe if they want to add "feedback" they should I dunno, go to the Blizzard forums? Otherwise it's QQ.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    And taking away Kill Shot from Survival? Really? Their answer for making the specs unique is taking away USEFUL abilities from one so that it is different? Way to completely disregard Survival PvP hunters as well.
    The fact that you WANT an execute mechanic for your spec just speaks volumes as to how little you actually understand about this game. Having an execute is bad because your overall damage output is then going to be balanced around having an execute phase. So when there are bosses with mechanics which have gimped execute phases (Amber Shaper being a perfect example) you're suddenly going to be doing trash DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The fact that you WANT an execute mechanic for your spec just speaks volumes as to how little you actually understand about this game. Having an execute is bad because your overall damage output is then going to be balanced around having an execute phase. So when there are bosses with mechanics which have gimped execute phases (Amber Shaper being a perfect example) you're suddenly going to be doing trash DPS.
    Agreed, outside of PvP, I don't see why Kill shot is even a thing, it doesn't add any flavour to the spec at all, unlike, say shadowburn, and is just another button to press that has absolutely no meaningful impact on our gameplay.
    Retired hunter

I find it hilarious when I see people whining about the Kill Shot loss. Honestly if Kill Shot was something interesting like what Warlocks have then I'd understand. But for Hunters, KS is just another button you press during execute. I don't get why people think that the sky is falling down just because they don't have KS. What you people seem to be forgetting is for those classes that don't have an execute the DPS isn't balanced based around the execute phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I figured you would reply on this thread and quote me being the weasel that you are. You are the king of qq for hunters on mmo champion forums. I know this thread makes you quite happy. I hope you guys can band together and really make a difference for the class as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    I just think people are only over-reacting this heavily to DS being gone because they're simply removing it.. I doubt 90% of the hunter community even has it bound for raids or whatever. "I'm going to distracting shot the boss guys!" said no hunter ever in SoO. We're also not fucking tanks, who cares about not having a taunt 100% of the time you're on your hunter toon. If you solo stuff, why do you need a petless talent? Pets are core for soloing last time I recall, so people using that in their arguments just look like people once more complaining a bit too much over a shot being taken out.

A lot of classes lost things that felt nostalgic and close to their toons, welcome to change, we can't have everything we want.
    A significant number want DS back, and nobody wants a 30yd growl.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Carlaena;26597965]

Those were my tweets and i got bashed from a shaman.
    He claimed that we deserve no utility because we are 100% mobile.
    Good thing they scrapped the whole 1 hour md thing and they are going to give us something else Keep your hopes up fellas!!!

http://pokit.org/get/img/1bb74d96026...23fa33d2ba.jpg
    Also this
    Last edited by mmocfd4c5bbef7; 2014-04-22 at 08:25 AM.