Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Technically, 3 of those classes have access to a taunt. Or was the Shaman taunt removed this expansion?
    think unleash rockbiter still taunts

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    in all fairness, access to Time Warp didn't stop Mages from getting Amplify Magic in alpha. And access to a battle rez doesn't stop Warlock from having their utility spells.

The "pure" DPS classes are Hunter, Mage, Rogue, and Warlock.

Mage = Amp Magic
    Rogue = Smokebomb
    Warlock = Gates, healthstones (I'm aware of the impending nerf to healthstones)
    Hunter = ......Misdirection?
    Amp magic is a passive buff, every class has one of those. If this one is unique, see my first question
    Smokebomb is a situational defensive cooldown (which is getting nerfed I believe?). They specifically said they want to reduce CD stacking, they will NOT be giving us one.
    Gate is getting significantly nerfed, and once again is a situational movement tool. Healthstones just share role with healing potions now, just in a more convenient form.

You people are still confusing me. Several say it's not about having something unique, but rather having utility for all specs. Ok, so that's being fixed already. Yet others say those things aren't the problem, because other classes have something unique. So yes, I do think the problem is we don't have anything that no other class has, like the gate or smokebomb. But at the same time that puts us in the same boat as Mages, doesn't it? Would we be satisfied getting group buff? Maybe something like a passive movement speed boost? Nevermind, we have that. Group wide camouflage maybe? But then that falls back on that whole CD stacking problem. So we could get a group wide damage buff like time war- shit.

Do you see the problem here? We've got a portion of the Hunter community basically asking for a unique utility ability, as though there's zero reason to bring a Hunter to a raid without one. I'm sorry, I just can't get behind any argument that Hunters aren't unique enough. In many ways, we're the most unique class in the game. If the utility that we do have, along with providing sustained, (melee style) ranged dps and more versatility in our group buffs than any other class isn't enough, nothing else will be either.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't use the "versatility in our group buffs" thing, that's a joke. in 10 mans sure it *can* come in handy. But in 25 mans and the upcoming 20 mans, it means jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Amp magic is a passive buff, every class has one of those.
    Errr no? "Amplify Magic amplifies the effects of helpful magic, increasing all healing received by 20% for all party and raid members within 100 yards, and lasts 6 seconds with a 2-minute cooldown." That is not a passive buff.

If the utility that we do have, along with providing sustained, (melee style) ranged dps and more versatility in our group buffs than any other class isn't enough, nothing else will be either.
    First I have to ask what utility you think we do bring? And then I have to say this movement you bring really isn't much. In top end guilds, where damage should be balanced around, adding moving to a fight is only a minor dps loss for every single class so our perk really isn't that special.

Deleted
    Amp magic is a passive buff, every class has one of those. If this one is unique, see my first question
    Smokebomb is a situational defensive cooldown (which is getting nerfed I believe?). They specifically said they want to reduce CD stacking, they will NOT be giving us one.
    Gate is getting significantly nerfed, and once again is a situational movement tool. Healthstones just share role with healing potions now, just in a more convenient form.

You people are still confusing me. Several say it's not about having something unique, but rather having utility for all specs. Ok, so that's being fixed already. Yet others say those things aren't the problem, because other classes have something unique. So yes, I do think the problem is we don't have anything that no other class has, like the gate or smokebomb. But at the same time that puts us in the same boat as Mages, doesn't it? Would we be satisfied getting group buff? Maybe something like a passive movement speed boost? Nevermind, we have that. Group wide camouflage maybe? But then that falls back on that whole CD stacking problem. So we could get a group wide damage buff like time war- shit.

Do you see the problem here? We've got a portion of the Hunter community basically asking for a unique utility ability, as though there's zero reason to bring a Hunter to a raid without one. I'm sorry, I just can't get behind any argument that Hunters aren't unique enough. In many ways, we're the most unique class in the game. If the utility that we do have, along with providing sustained, (melee style) ranged dps and more versatility in our group buffs than any other class isn't enough, nothing else will be either.
    You are wrong this is my recent tweet we are getting proper raid utility be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenhawk View Post
    First I have to ask what utility you think we do bring? And then I have to say this movement you bring really isn't much. In top end guilds, where damage should be balanced around, adding moving to a fight is only a minor dps loss for every single class so our perk really isn't that special.
    You have to consider that all of our core abilities are instant. That, supplemented with the relative strength of Posthaste + Glyph of Disengage gives hunters the perk of having quick burst literally anywhere in the boss room. Think Garrosh Engineer. There's plenty of fights like that.

I would argue that being able to handle mechanics more effectively than other classes is in itself a perk.

There have been plenty of fights this expansion that require someone to be "the bitch" who handles the unique mechanic, and hunter mobility allows us to excel at that role. ie garalon, tortos, belts to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeys View Post
    nice

So yes, I do think the problem is we don't have anything that no other class has, like the gate or smokebomb. But at the same time that puts us in the same boat as Mages, doesn't it? Would we be satisfied getting group buff? Maybe something like a passive movement speed boost? Nevermind, we have that. Group wide camouflage maybe? But then that falls back on that whole CD stacking problem. So we could get a group wide damage buff like time war- shit.
    I think it'd be pretty cool to have aspect of the pack being 10-20% without daze
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-04-24 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    I think it'd be pretty cool to have aspect of the pack being 10-20% without daze
    Eh that would be too much like stampeding roar. With AotH removal, that would require it to be on a CD and all that jazz

Well, stampeding roar could be much stronger with its cooldown, and still remove movement impairing effects. But a passive small movent buff is something that could be useful in its own way.

I want aspect of nature back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I want aspect of nature back
    it was aspect of the wild!

Deleted
    "... massively improved Misdirection...." nice raid utility

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    yus yus

i remember using it on nefarion to reduce the lightning damage D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Would be cool if they maybe brought that back and reworked it into a 'raid wall' CD of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeys View Post
    The mechanic is simply too clunky annoying not fun and waste of 2 globals.
    The refresh depends to a certain extent on travel time of the first shot , those hunters who stay back at max distance have a longer travel time so the refresh is longer, those like myself who get in close, except where a mechanic exists that need me to be back -absorbing puddles in Mal fight for example, have much less travel time and its not so clunky

I still can't help but feel like this is the wrong way to design a game. Here we're all talking about a new utility ability simply so that we have one "like everyone else". It should be a matter of filling in a gap I think, and I don't think there are any gaps in the Hunter toolkit as an individual. So the proper question to ask would be "where is the gap in group utility?" What utility is lacking when players are in a raid group? Because if there isn't a gap there either, then we're going to get something similar to what another class has. I mean there's only so many options to begin with right? Increase damage, which just about everyone has, then "utility": movement, defense, crowd control, and lets call the last one "insurance" Basically stuff that helps you recover from mistakes, IE battle rezzes.

So the problem, as I see it, is that we already 3 of those 4 categories, at least in minor ways. We have CC, we have (or will have) access to battle rezzes and raid wide damage cooldowns, and movement via aspect of the pack. That leaves defensive cooldowns, and that doesn't fit our theme very well, which is clearly important to Blizz.

So I see 2 possibilities now that improved MD is out (which falls under crowd control really, as it helps with who's tanking what). They either find a way to squeeze in some defensive cooldown (group wide camo? steps on the toes of smoke bomb?), which once again comes up against "we think there's too much defensive cooldown stacking going on, and we want to reduce it", or they buff our movement enhancers. Maybe pack will become a cooldown with no daze attached. I could easily see this now that aspects aren't a "system" anymore. About the only thing similar is stampeding roar, and it would be easy to differentiate the 2 to keep ours unique. My money is definitely on a movement buff. Movement is what we're all about, it makes sense. A dude with a bow and a pet somehow throwing up a magic wall that defends all his allies... not so much.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

which once again comes up against "we think there's too much defensive cooldown stacking going on, and we want to reduce it"
    And again; Amp Magic clashes with their stated intention. If they want less CDs to exist then fine; but at least be consistent with that instead of pull another raid CD out of your ass for Mages.

A dude with a bow and a pet somehow throwing up a magic wall that defends all his allies... not so much.
    For the record, Rogues protect the raid from dragons breath, lightning, lasers, and all sorts of insanity with smoke powder. Powder.

Also Hunters already throw up a magic wall that defends us. It's called Deterrence.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice