Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard needs this...

Have you ever had what you thought to be a really great idea, and then told someone and they looked at you like you were an idiot? I think the formal term is the "laugh test".

Anyway, I feel like the developers at Blizzard need to start telling people their ideas before they go off and do it. Because the more I read about what they are planning for WoD, the more I feel its failing the laugh test. This last set of developer notes is just dripping with WTF. Removing iconic class abilities? Yeah, fails the laugh test. Redoing all gearing? Fail. Removing tons of abilities? Fail. No flying? Fail. No new classes or races? Fail. Homogenization of buffs? Fail. Destroying inscription again? Fail. Removing reforge? Fail.

How do they think any of this is a good idea? Do they actually talk to normal people who play the game anymore?

Yikes. I was never Ghostcrawler's biggest fan, but man I guess he wasn't so bad after all if he kept all this stupid in check for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Can you cover any of these "Fails" with arguments telling us why they fail, according to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, look, subjectivity! At least tell us why you think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    What iconic abilities? AotD is coming back to dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post
    Have you ever had what you thought to be a really great idea, and then told someone and they looked at you like you were an idiot? I think the formal term is the "laugh test".

Anyway, I feel like the developers at Blizzard need to start telling people their ideas before they go off and do it. Because the more I read about what they are planning for WoD, the more I feel its failing the laugh test. This last set of developer notes is just dripping with WTF. Removing iconic class abilities? Yeah, fails the laugh test. Redoing all gearing? Fail. Removing tons of abilities? Fail. No flying? Fail. No new classes or races? Fail. Homogenization of buffs? Fail. Destroying inscription again? Fail. Removing reforge? Fail.

How do they think any of this is a good idea? Do they actually talk to normal people who play the game anymore?

Yikes. I was never Ghostcrawler's biggest fan, but man I guess he wasn't so bad after all if he kept all this stupid in check for years.
    Your entitled to your opinion and I have no problem with that as long as you were never the guy complaining about class balancing and OP warlocks, mages etc.... if you were one of those guys you should realize the lack of a new class gives the devs a lot more time to focus on balancing current classes for WoD. With no new class to work in they should be able to get all current classes on a more equal playing field. Lot less room for error that way and it won't be "omg dk's are OP" or "omg monks are OP"

Leaves them free to focus on other aspects of the game for once.

Consider me your own personal laugh test.
    "By the water side I will rest my bones."

Care to explain how removing tons of abilities is a fail? I would also like an explanation on how no new classes or races is a bad thing, as we already have enough classes (they're already having trouble balancing them) and there's plenty of races.

I was never Ghostcrawler's biggest fan, but man I guess he wasn't so bad after all if he kept all this stupid in check for years.
    inb4 "TEH GAME WAS BETTAR WITH GHOSTCRALWER!!11!"

This afternoon I made an amazing cheeseburger. By doing so I regret to inform you all it came at a great cost. That's right folks, another raid tier.

I guess Ghostcrawler was right, as soon as he's gone, people will start saying "It was better with Ghostcrawler"

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Oh, look, subjectivity! At least tell us why you think so.
    Because they laughed at them isn't a good enough reason you mean?

Honestly, there's only like one or two I agree with is silly that they're doing, including the inscription thing, but I find it odd that so many people care about reforge being removed. It was a waste of time and energy, I say good riddance to it.

Too many cooks spoils the broth. If Blizzard put every decision through a public focus group of players, then nothing significant would ever get done. The best part about any new expansion is that it takes the lessons learned from the past expansion and applies them to the next.

MoP showed that classes had too many useless abilities, so WoD is pruning them down. Iconic class abilities are not iconic if they are never used, that is just the rose coloured glasses talking.

MoP saw that numbers were getting too high, so WoD is squishing them.

MoP saw that once people hit max level, they just flew around everywhere to do their quests and dailies and never actually paused to notice the world, making the continent feel empty. WoD is just putting flying away for a few extra months so the first few months of launch are actually fun.

In MoP, people only ever reforged to get hit/exp capped. It wasn't fun, it was loading your character into ask mr robot and spending 500g every time you got an upgrade. With hit/exp gone, whats the point of reforging?

Giving players Major runes automatically is not going to break inscription. Levelling people who couldn't afford the 500g for a glyph weren't going to have glyphs anyways.

We are getting 10 races worth of new race models, and it's about god damn time. We'll get a new race or class next expansion, calm your jim jams.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.

Anyway, I feel like the developers at Blizzard need to start telling people their ideas before they go off and do it. Because the more I read about what they are planning for WoD, the more I feel its failing the laugh test. This last set of developer notes is just dripping with WTF. Removing iconic class abilities? Yeah, fails the laugh test. Define an iconic ability and I will counter you with an idea of balance. Redoing all gearing? Fail. I'm sorry, but hit, exp, dodge and parry needed to leave. They are abominations of a game that is long, long gone. Additionally, multistrike and readiness taking their place are fun, unique stats instead of boring "I stack till capped" or "Useless until they make it useful" stats. Removing tons of abilities? Fail. Again, balancing issues. They are attempting to bring the game back in line with a semblance of balance so that it can become the game everyone wants to play. No flying? Fail. I have my own personal qualms with that one, as it is a very idiotic message coming from Blizzard and one I will agree with. No new classes or races? Fail. No new classes gives Blizzard time to focus on balancing the game, and now new races gives their art team time to churn out the much requested vanilla/tbc race model update. Homogenization of buffs? Fail. Buffs have been homogenized since as early as wotlk, but really took off in Cata. This is nothing new, and you should feel stupid for mentioning it. Destroying inscription again? Fail. Making a few, not even good glyphs available to people that can't afford your 150g+ prices at level 25 starting the game is nothing but good from Blizzard. Just because you will be making 20~% less profit doesn't mean it's a fail. It means you should look into more static markets. Removing reforge? Fail. With their efforts in rebalancing the stats, mentioned before, they are attempting to make every stat useful for every class. For example, they are giving warriors the same treatment as rets, making haste lower their GCD and their short rotational cooldowns, making haste going from absolute shit tier to probably better than crit.

They do, they actively are, and they are actively engaging in criticism of their own decisions and being critiqued by the very community at which you post at.
    Yikes. I was never Ghostcrawler's biggest fan, but man I guess he wasn't so bad after all if he kept all this stupid in check for years. Ghostcrawler leaving had little to no impact on WoD save for the possibility of it being delayed when he left. If GC was still here, you would be blaming him for all the current happenings instead of atleast questioning them with an open mind.
    Replies in bold. The plebs are out in force this year.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    This thread failed the laugh test.
    I'm afraid this post has won the thread, touche.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Removing iconic class abilities? Yeah, fails the laugh test. Redoing all gearing? Fail. Removing tons of abilities? Fail. No flying? Fail. No new classes or races? Fail. Homogenization of buffs? Fail. Destroying inscription again? Fail. Removing reforge? Fail.
    Lets see, how to pick at this.

Removing iconic class abilities? Yeah, fails the laugh test.

While i haven't read every classes notes in detail, mostly because i dont play every class, of the 4 i read in detail i didnt notice anything being removed that didnt make sense.

Redoing all gearing? Fail.

How is this a fail? its like you were told "We are changing this" didnt look into the why's or how's and immediately decided it was going to be terrible. Making all items in an armor type universally useful is one of the most fan/player serving changes ive ever seen, making it so youll never NEED to De an item as long as someone uses that armor type. It will likely increase the rate at which a raid gears up by a little bit, as well as, allow they to make such a massive diversity of secondary/tertiary itemization combinations that you'll have, if executed properly, 2-3 BIS options per tier. Redoing a system that "Kind of" worked isnt a fail.

Removing tons of abilities?

So your in favor of mass CC in pvp? Disarms were a fun mechanic that added depth were they? spells with extremely niche uses were cool? no... no most of them werent even used by half or more of the player base, and the half that did use them only a fraction of that enjoyed their presence.

Fail. No flying? Fail.

You... Have... No... Idea... How... Its... Being... Implemented.... and yet the sky is falling and Azeroth will be destroyed because of it. You couldnt fly in mop till 90, was questing made so unbearable without it? NO! it wasnt even an issue, in fact the zones were More immersive without fly.

No new classes or races? Fail.

Have you only been around for 2 expansions? there are 13 races and 11 classes, its a huge amount of variation and more than ANY other mmo, your complaining that they spent more time on making the other changes, which were needed, than adding Fluff to the game and leaving everything in a state of MEH. I would certainly prefer large scale balance and ability pruning than more fluff for me to level and then ignore.

Homogenization of buffs? Fail.

Because buffs are an interesting and deep part of the game that make you... oh wait buff are an aura that you never have to think about. What the hell are you even complaining about?

Destroying inscription again? Fail.

You have no idea whats being done because its not been talked about yet, your over reacting.

Removing reforge? Fail.

The only part of this i even partially agree with, without hit and exp why take it out? Gear without caps makes reforging optional instead of manditory.

0/10 weak troll attempt.

Removing iconic class abilities? Yeah, fails the laugh test.
    Doesn't mine. When you see what they removed and why it's great.

Passes for me. I'm ecstatic and proud that they're doing this. They're actually trying to fix things rather than sitting on their hands because people like you are terrified of change.
    Removing tons of abilities? Fail.
    Woo! I don't have to bring an 88key piano keyboard to play certain classes anymore!
    No flying? Fail.
    Aww yeah! Exploring the world without feeling like I typed in "no clip." I have to actually care about my pathing. Sweet!
    It wasn't time for a new class, are you new? And we just got a new race the last expansion as well. Meh.
    Best thing ever! Well no, best thing ever was nerfing Shaman DPS Offhealing. It's not even a joke or hyperbole, that was driving me away from the game as someone who likes Monks because it was "Go Enhancement or bring a ranged." >1m HPS as a friggin DPS spec, who thought that wasn't stupid?

On point though, now there's a lot less "oh god stack everything perfectly crap crap crap yours went off a second too late my thing didn't get the buff everyone's dead why god" going on.
    They added new glyphs and aren't making "good for leveling" glyphs need to be bought. Learn to read.
    Removing reforge? Fail.
    Now that was a glorious decision. I can always look back at this and think "At least they had the balls to make the choice knowing how the community reacts to removing features."

Because normal people also includes those who think those are all, and I mean all, great ideas.

They always said he didn't have that much control but if it turns out that this massive change in direction is because he's not holding the line anymore then his new job is a great boon to this game.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-04-19 at 06:31 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

meh ability bloat was over kill and i'm likeing how they are fixing it. the only thing i'm curious about is to see how no new race/class plays out in terms of sales, as for me if i was coming back or picking up a new game that has been out this long I'd want a new race/class that just came out so i wouldn't feel as far behind. That is 100% my opinion though others i'm sure wouldn't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    meh ability bloat was over kill and i'm likeing how they are fixing it. the only thing i'm curious about is to see how no new race/class plays out in terms of sales, as for me if i was coming back or picking up a new game that has been out this long I'd want a new race/class that just came out so i wouldn't feel as far behind. That is 100% my opinion though others i'm sure wouldn't care.
    We're getting all the classic and BC races remodeled and reanimated from scratch. That >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any playable race they could add.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

OP did you do a laugh test before you post this thread? Cause it gave me a good laugh, you probably shouldn't post it LMAO

Yes, that's just what happens right now as I read your post.

Anyway, I feel like the developers at Blizzard need to start telling people their ideas before they go off and do it. Because the more I read about what they are planning for WoD, the more I feel its failing the laugh test. This last set of developer notes is just dripping with WTF. Removing iconic class abilities? Yeah, fails the laugh test.
    What iconic abilities? Hymn of Hope, restoring mana to warlocks and mages? Bye, never gonna be missed. Tons of stupid CC that made pvp completely unplayable for everyone who does not share a skill of Korean starcraft player? Bye, never gonna be missed. A superb heal skill, which had long cast time and low manacost with low throughput? Bye, stupidest idea ever when Blizz created them in Cata. Innervate? Oh jezus christ how could anyone possibly play a cat without innervate, god damn it, i'm deleting my druid RIGHT NAO~!
    Did you actually read all the patch notes, or just read title and gone whining asap?

Fail? No more idiotic hit capping is fail? In what world removing totally useless parry and dodge, and adding cool secondaries like Multistrike is fail?

No flying? Fail.
    Well maybe, maybe not. Who knows how they'll make exploration in WoD? Nobody takes away your flying taxi, you know.

The game seriously does not need any new race or class. Finally rebalancing existant classes and remaking old models are way more desired by people.

Which happened back in Cata? You are a little slow, dude

Sure, it was such a fun leveling a new toon without any glyphs at all, because you can't afford 400+g/glyph on AH. Surely its a fail. How dare they let new people not to beg gold to be able to play with glyphs???

Removing reforge? Fail.
    It is surely fail, because people wasted 104k gold on a yak with reforge vendor. I demand AH vendor on that mount instead!

Actually, that list is the best game seen since start of WoTLK.

And people like you, who just can't take even a plain thought of any changes, are the main reason WoW got into a disastrous position it was in MoP.

i personally don't mind anything blizz is doing with the next xpack. i however feel that with the removal of hit/exp reforge could have become what blizz had originally intended it to be and my only objection to its removal are specs that don't function properly without a metric ton of a specific stat. this is not to say blizz cannot fix the specs that need it (i.e. fury) but in the current stat of things i am a little bit weary about its removal. i have faith that in time things will work out for the best.