Poll: How many Subs did WoW lose in Q1 2014?

Page 1 of 39
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Q1 - 2014 Sub Predictions & Discussion Thread

Its that time again! The conference call is around the corner, and we have another sub loss prediction thread to get going!

How many subs do you think WoW has lost since the last abysmal results?

Mod-update: Hijacked the main post to make it a little more informative. Sadly unable to change or update the poll, but will throw in the details that is missing. What is -your- prediction? Gain? Loss? Some curve jumping?

Activision Blizzard to Release First Quarter 2014 Financial Results Today (May 6, 2014) (ENDED)

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 - Today! (ENDED)

1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (4:30 p.m. Eastern Time)

Activision Blizzard Quarterly Results

If you are an investor, you can log in here.

And something for the people who enjoy numbers, statistic curve over sub gain/loss.
    Mod-note:Another front post hijack!

The 1st quarter of 2014 has ended with unexpected resulted, to the positive side. And thank you all for keeping the forum clean! Of course the topic can go on, but all Q1 threads will be merged into this thread if I see them!

Results here: "Activision Blizzard Announces Better-Than-Expected First Quarter 2014 Financial Results"

Hope you all have a good time, day, beer, cold drink, something... hugs... and... STUFF!
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-05-06 at 09:41 PM.

I'll take 300k-500k for $500, Alex

I was just thinking when the next conference call was about to come...

Its really hard to tell for me, it could still be stabilizing or it could a million subs. So far I'll go with 600k loss

What date is the conference call anyway?

I'm going to bank on it's over 900 thousand.

I hope it's over a million and i hope a majority never return, fuck blizzard for giving us SoO for a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh great here we go again with the sub loss circle jerk.

no clue on losses gonna have to wait and see. then watch everyone pat eachother on back for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The last results were a net gain of subs.

Voted for loss of > 500K.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2014-04-21 at 09:10 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing around 200-500k, Blizzard have no one to blame but themselves.

I havent logged in for a while, but.. with those fresh level 90 boosts I'd guess that the sub figures havent changed much although I don't see them increasing either.

Don't think it will drop to much, Q2 on the other hand will be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    I hope it's over a million and i hope a majority never return, fuck blizzard for giving us SoO for a year.
    pretty much this. they hinted at filler content that obviously looks like we are not getting it.

IM"H"O SoO is the most boring raid ever and to make us have nothing to do but that for as long as its been going/ will go is salt on the wound
    They talked about character models for what 4-5 years? or longer? and we finally got that.
    They talk about getting content out faster for about 2-3 years now so maybe next year or 2 they will stop this shit.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

and we have another sub loss prediction thread to get going!
    If you don't like the game simply stop posting instead of littering a fansite with garbage threads like this.

...or perhaps you posted this the trash because you hitted your head on something and forgot last quarter had slight increase in subs?

[QUOTE=fixx;
    ...or perhaps you posted this the trash because you hitted your head on something and forgot last quarter had slight increase in subs?[/QUOTE]

Or perhaps you forgot 2013 Q4 brought a new raid tier... perhaps you forgot Q1 Q2 AND most of Q3 of 2014 will be the same shit

Where is your argument now?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

It's gonna be up a bit following the WoD pre-order.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh look its jaylock with another sub loss thread....i also see you stepped up the definition of abysmal since the last time. Apparently sub gains of any kind is abysmal now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Jaylock is famous for making these type of threads, but dayum, no need to be so defensive.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting something around 300-500k. SoO is getting very old and their "estimated release date" announcement confirmed at least 6 more months without new content. Even if they don't lose that much in this quarter, the next one will be a disaster, unless they'll amaze people with Beta or something. And seeing the date, they have 5 weeks, so... kinda skeptical here.

I can't believe they expect all this to last for 12 months without anything in between. Even a single Halion style boss would be something new - not enough to really keep people invested, but at least slow down the decline. And this is the third time something like that is happening, how can they not learn from their past mistakes?

I would be surprised if it was more than 300k + or -. I think it should be stable for the most part. Q2 on the other hand with the content drought will be interesting

With no end in sight for SoO and no hints as to when WoD will launch (only that it's sometime in 2014), the sub loss, will sadly, be severe. Blizzard did this to themselves. But if you as the WoW Insider staff, WoW is doing better than ever!! Yay!!