Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played DW frost all of SoO, it'll stay my main way to roll my DK for transmog purposes aslong as it does decent dps

Deleted
    I'm staying unholy no matter what next exp. Unless frost is like 20% better dmg(In perfect situations)

Deleted
    I favoured DWfrost since my first DK back in WotLK and only got Blood because the cool tanking specs were scrapped.
    Staying DWfrost for dps obviously.

I think it's too soon to know what's optimal. If they have a lot of AOE burst encounters, DW Frost is still going to kill it though.

I'm blood, and always will be for the most part. I haven't even bothered collecting DPS gear since wrath.

However, with the changes to how gearing works in WOD, i'll be pretty excited to be able to DPS in more or less tank gear. Will make it easy peasy to transition over, I might actually dps now and again just for funsies. I'll most likely go frost because the rotation is "clean" and all the runes are kind of consumed in pairs perfectly. Unholy feels like they were drunk when they designed that rotation.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Nope. Staying Blood/Unholy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been having a hard time deciding myself but I'm sorta leaning towards 2H Frost...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I'm blood, and always will be for the most part. I haven't even bothered collecting DPS gear since wrath.

However, with the changes to how gearing works in WOD, i'll be pretty excited to be able to DPS in more or less tank gear. Will make it easy peasy to transition over, I might actually dps now and again just for funsies. I'll most likely go frost because the rotation is "clean" and all the runes are kind of consumed in pairs perfectly. Unholy feels like they were drunk when they designed that rotation.
    They changed a few things in 5.1/5.2 I think, so the rotation is a lot better. Reaping applies to blood boil and icy touch so you have less random runes, plague strike puts up both diseases, gargoyle no longer costs 60 rp and it now benefits from our mastery.

I really like unholy, will only go frost if there is a big difference between the specs, but I trust Blizzard to balance it as closely as possible.

Deleted
    Probably stay unholy unless they integrate a blood DPS spec like gladiator stance.

Deleted
    Playing what the guild "demand" me to play.

I will do a mixture due to less time to dedicate to raiding due to real life stuffz i will likely be DPS with a very strong tank offspec. I enjoy all the DK specs around the same so will just play whatever is best for whatever fight. Unless they change a spec in a way i dislike then unless its vastly superior i wont use it.

I play whatever does more damage, but I prefer unholy tbh.

I like the way DW plays but UH has that gargoyle who just kicks ass. So its going to be likely that i will end this xpac as an Unholy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man they gotta get back to a haste based DW frost. That spamming HBs is for the birds. That petless and pruned Survival hunter though.... Unholy is a good solid rotation DPS, it murders in PvP (been PvP unholy since wrath) if they can make it so it is actually super close to the other dps specs, I'll stay that.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

As long as it doesn't ACTUALLY become BlueArms, I'll be staying Frost

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helwinter View Post
    We need our ghoul back!

I'm also not too fond of them removing stuff that helps the rotation flow (like horn of winter,) or stuff that provides situational utility (Raise dead, death coil...) frost seems to be getting the main short end of all of those sticks at the same time.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Helwinter View Post
    Heh, thats what I actually want. I like the slower, harder hitting style of 2h frost, and really miss the old blood DPS. Give me my hard hitting, physical damage spec and Ill play it, regardless of how "viable" it is. Good players stuck with arms the whole expansion and made it work; Ill stick with 2h frost and make it work.