Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Arrow Name 3 Games that Need Sequels

3. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning: This game is a very great game, but was a commercial failure because of budgetary issues, and the fact that the game had to compete with Skyrim at release, and didn't have nearly as much money left over for advertising to stand a chance. This game has a ton of lore, and brings back a lot of nostalgia from old school RPGs such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter (coincidentally, the senior story writer for the game was R.A. Salvatore!). The game also had some very action packed game play, while also offering a strategic tactical view of the battle. Hopefully, the IP will be picked up and another game in the series will be made (hopefully with some co-op).

2. Half Life 2: Okay, okay, maybe 3 won't happen, but at least give us another game! I don't care whether it's episode four or a prequel; just give me another! For those that don't remember, the Hal-Life series has revolutionized the shooter genre. In shooter games, there are two era: the pre Half-Life era (Quake, Wolfenstein,) and the post Half-Life era (Halo, CoD). The game's plot, and the feeling of being immortal was incredible. Oh, and long live Gordan Freeman!

1. Final Fantasy XII: My God this game is amazing; the characters were deeply compelling, a masterfully engineered plot of grand scope, a staggering amount of lore, and a massive game world. Sure, it takes quite a while for the plot to build up, but after the events at Mt. Buromisce , the direction becomes crystal clear and you are absolutely invested into the game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    im still waiting for the real Diablo 3 that was announced a few years ago .. the fake on that is out there is not a arpg its more like a MMO without the massive multiplayer aspect.

Rogue squadron - anyone whos played this game series knows why, its been far to long.
    Chrome hounds - amazing game that lost support to soon.
    Real Diablo 3 - a real successor to diablo 2 not this casual handholding bullshit that is d3.

i wouldnt mind diablo 2 sequal that is a proper mix of diablo 2 and 3

give back proper skill points,runewords,gems,horadric cube recipes,MODDING, socketing item (can be horadric cube recipe),and other stuff

another thing i want is solo pace RTS, age of empires 2 and empire earth did it right but then age of empires 3 and empire earth 2 happened Q_Q
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Megaman Legends 3 needs to be made. Damn you Capcom!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Rogue squadron - anyone whos played this game series knows why, its been far to long.
    Absolutely! I totally forgot about that game. Definitely needs a sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Star Wars Episode 1 Racer for the N64, and not that Bombastic Racing BS or w/e
    2. Magicka
    3. Star Wars Battlefront II (yeah, I know one is supposedly in development)

Tachyon the Fringe - The best game ever imo.

Homeworld 2 - awesome space rts

Prey - the bounty hunter sequel looked amazing
    Last edited by prwraith; 2014-04-22 at 06:02 AM.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

1. Virtue's Last Reward. The odds of a sequel aren't too hot, but I need closure.

2. Breath of Fire. We need a real Breath of Fire V. Not Dragon Quarter, and certainly not BoF VI.

3. A good Mana game. It's been too long since Square made a decent entry to this franchise.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Einhander, Jade Empire, Shadow of the Colossus

I know it's not a popular title, but the Devil May Cry reboot, I would like to see what they'd do with with that after Vergil's DLC. Maybe a new Legend of Dragoon or a REAL Brave Fencer Musashiden sequel, not the...less than stellar game they put out for the ps2.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    AvP needs one. The 2010 reboot doesn't count, lol. We need a good one, like AvP 2 was or an HD remake of AvP 2. Multiplayer was so fun.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really? We have WAY different experiences with Kingdoms of Amalur. Bland and generic would be overselling it for me. 50+ hours of using the same 1-2 abilities on the same 5-6 different enemy models, with a story of "You are special, just because" and "This guy is the bad guy, because he kills people, so you should go kill him."
    Kind of funny how something can be a good game from one person's perspective, and terrible from another person's.

My list would be
    1.Psychonauts
    2.Mutant League Football
    3.Eternal Darkness

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Lost Odyssey

2. A real Okami sequel, not that crap DS game.

3. Illusion of Gaia

F-zero GX: Still the best racing game that i've ever played, i'd like another installment to the series of the same caliber

Sonic Adventure 2: Would love to see another sonic game like this!

Metroid prime: Now that Nintendo has a console with hd graphics that aren't total crap (not amazing but way better than wii) It'd be amazing to see another Metroid Prime game.

Sorry that my list is mostly Nintendo but I can't think of much else right now; lots of games deserve sequels that don't get them though : (

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Pokemon Snap - God this game was SO much fun, but so short (even with extremely high replayability). And it only contained about half of the original 151 pokemon. With advancements now, they could produce a much longer game, with the same kind of fun.

2. Grandia 4 - Grandia 3 was such a disappointment, but maybe Square Enix can make up for it. Or...probably not. Sadly, there's been talks of a Grandia MMO for some time, but nothing happened with it.

3. Final Fantasy 9 - Lots of reasons, but I wouldn't expect it now since it's way too late.

1. A new Timesplitters game would be awesome, i know there's supposedly work going on for a re-make mod or something like that, but it's not the same.
    2. Destroy all humans!
    3. Conflict: Denied Ops or Star Wars Battlefront II

15+ Year Old Account
    Freelancer
    N.I.C.E. 2
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Age of Mythology, though the HD steam version with supposed extra-material will have to do.

And lulz at the people who want the "real" D3, it's like everyone's forgotten what D2 was like when that was new, and have somehow conjured up this dream version of it being the perfect RPG...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    1. Secret of Evermore
    2. Diddy Kong Racing
    3. Zone of the Enders 2

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And lulz at the people who want the "real" D3, it's like everyone's forgotten what D2 was like when that was new, and have somehow conjured up this dream version of it being the perfect RPG...
    People never remember the bad stuff. See vanilla WoW. "Oh it was so much better" inb4 doin' 8 hours of a single 5 man instance to get nothing at all. (/cough LBRS)
    Last edited by mmoc1f853858c0; 2014-04-22 at 06:52 AM.