Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    1. Dark messiah of might and magic.
    This is a brilliant first person rpg. got some real amazing combat, although the story is somewhat ... shitty to say the least.

2. Timesplitters
    Not much hope for this one. We might see timesplitters rewind but thats still not a timesplitters 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    2. Remember Me (alot of people are going to disagree but i relaly loved that game, sure a couple kinks here and there but it was solid)
    Sadly, I don't think it did well enough to warrant a sequel And the game wasn't bad really, just not good either, especially for the hype it created with its awesome ideas

Dungeon Keeper
    VTM Bloodlines
    Several more

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Last of Us

2. Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness

3. KOTOR 2
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
    L.A Noire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    3. A good Mana game. It's been too long since Square made a decent entry to this franchise.
    This so many times over.

1. A new -- of Mana game (also known as Seiken Densetsu in Japan)
    2. Chrono Trigger
    3. Jade Empire, I've replayed it many times, still hoping for a sequel

Sonic, Super Mario Bros. and Dead Horse Simulator: The beatings commence

1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. 2 was the sequel to 1, they should have really made a 3rd. SWTOR doesn't count.

2. Jade Empire. The first one was quite fun, surprising they never made a second.

3. Fallout. New Vegas was more of a spin off than sequel.

Rise of Nations 2 - a real squeal, not something like Rise of Legends
    C&C Generals 2
    Fallout 4 - I really want a new Fallout that is developed for the PC not a poor console port like Skyrim.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

15+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon Keeper. and no not the screwup EA tries to push down it's customer's throats.

Command & Conquer. same as above.

Revenant. the first game had a cool idea and design, too bad Eidos didn't decide to spend more time on it.

Part from those I've seen that I agree with,

-Transport Tycoon
    -Day of Defeat
    -Black & White
    Mother pus bucket!

This goes way back but...

Shining Force (Series) -- I know this goes way back, but I would kill for a new Shining Force game that was like the originals (I, II, III)
    Resident Evil 3 -- Resident Evil has gone down hill since 3, and has relatively left the survival horror genre in favor of the pseudo-fps genre.
    Warcraft 3 -- The best RTS game of its kind ever in my opinion. It kicked the but of Starcraft 2 and was made years before it. I would love to have a Warcraft 4 in the spirit of Warcraft 3.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transport Tycoon should be on my list too! Awesome times.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Dark age of camelot! v.2 ....
    This! And Ultima Online 2. I think both games would put a dent in Blizzard. I really liked Mythic as a company. I actually really liked the EA team on UO as well.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

1. Fallout Tactics
    2. Warhammer Dawn of War
    3. Banner Saga

And lulz at the people who want the "real" D3, it's like everyone's forgotten what D2 was like when that was new, and have somehow conjured up this dream version of it being the perfect RPG...
    Until about 2 years ago, I played Diablo 2 every single day from release. Seriously, not a day went by without D2 being run on at least one machine daily.

I modded D2 and my husband and sister wrote code for D2. I played ladders, single player, MP, private servers and custom installs.

Until Path of Exile, Diablo 2 was the most perfected form the genre had ever seen. From a design standpoint, D2 is superb. If I could see the game (my eyesight is poor) I would still chose to play D2 as my main recreational video game.

I enjoy D3. But D3 is a vastly different game from Diablo 1 and 2 in design and audience appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Aren't they - kinda - making this? Camelot Unchained I believe it's called?
    Not the way the website currently lists it. Some of us played DAoC for the PvE content. I would say that for its time it had some of the best ever MMO PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i wouldnt mind diablo 2 sequal that is a proper mix of diablo 2 and 3

give back proper skill points,runewords,gems,horadric cube recipes,MODDING, socketing item (can be horadric cube recipe),and other stuff
    Have you played RoS? I don't think you played RoS.

There are gems (always has), better than horadric cube recipes, it's called crafting, socketing item is included in enchanting, which is far better than a 3 time per character socket bonus.

I do agree on some points, runewords were great, I think they could implement something like it, maybe not like runewords where you had to go on blizzard website to find out what words you could do, but the idea was and is still interesting.

skill points, while I didn't like skill points in Diablo 2, mainly because how you were stuck with what you chose forever. This type of game design is pretty much gone from the entire RPG game scene now-a-day, and it's a good thing. But I think they poorly managed in D3 vanilla how skill runes worked. It was bland and boring. In RoS, it makes more sense because of all the elemental damage type associated with these runes, it opens more builds. But the fact that you have access to everything just by leveling is a bit... underwhelming. They had a concept in place during development where runes were drops, which you would then socket into your spells, and there would be rune ranks, and rune to spell binding. It was at least an interesting mechanic that would have made skill builds way more engaging in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vogelweide View Post
    1. Alpha Centauri
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/beyond-earth-takes-civilization-to-the-stars/1100-6418906/

They do not own the rights on Alpha Centauri title, but you will still have it sir.

1. Battelforge
    2. Age of Mythology
    3. Warcraft III

Deleted
    1.Jak and daxter 1 or 2. I like'd them both and 3rd was pretty good also but Naughty dog could had maked more of these, not the rally shit etc. I mean Jak 1 was epic and 2 had such a good story.
    2.Final fantasy 8, I never could get over the fact that the game ended ;_;
    3. Ducktales, any of the 3 games that were made. (Although there was number 2 as a sequel for number 1.)

This type of game design is pretty much gone from the entire RPG game scene now-a-day, and it's a good thing.
    This is factually incorrect.

Many current ARPGs and RPGs use point allocation systems. As well as many upcoming ARPGs and RPGs.

Diablo as a franchise is not a blanket RPG, fwiw. It is specifically in the subgenre of ARPG, short for Action Role Playing Game. Not to be confused with Action-Role Playing Game which is another distinct subgenre of RPGs as a whole. The former being more based around the debased Gygax idea of Roll playing game.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-04-23 at 07:56 PM.