Deleted

HPala Challenge Mode and Proving Grounds questions

Hello MMO-C,

I have a few questions regarding HPala gearing strategy for CMs and PGs, so if there's anyone with experience willing to share their thoughts <3

I've decided to goof a bit in PGs and managed to one-shot PG gold in my PvP gear set, without much of an issue. Used crystal instead of flask, no food and standard arena reforges (int > crit > spirit (until confortable) >> mastery > haste). I've also tried doing Stormstout Brewery with the same gear and it was pretty stressful . Usually 1 or 2 mistakes would cause a wipe (we ran a pug ProtPala/HPala/Ele/FrostMage/FuryWarr). My goal is to clear all CMs gold and PG 30 endless, so I've decided to collect a proper gear set.

I am pretty good with online tools and excel, so getting the candidate list for BiS wasn't an issue (following the standard rule of sockets >> spirit > everything else)

My questions:

1) Eternal Flame or Selfless Healer?
    I'm using EF cause even in pvp gear I can pretty much blanket the entire party, and spirit is not a critical issue even at low (restorative amber <3). Sad EF no longer refreshes mastery on beacon though.
    2) What stat priority do you use?
    I'm considering going int > haste to 7170 > spirit >> mastery > crit > haste. BiS gear set following that priority would net me ~10700 spirit, ~7200 haste, but only ~900 mastery (all pre-buffs). My logic is more haste = more holy power, 3 additional ef ticks and more free healing on beacon from faster holy light casts.
    3) I've noticed that in PG I'm not dropping combat at all, even when the wave is cleared and there's 20 seconds left on the timer, so I can't drink to regen mana. Is that intended?

Thanx for reading and looking forward to some experienced HPalas sharing their thoughts!

Haste makes you OOM faster especially at that that suppressed ilvl. Full out mastery + spirit ignoring haste breakpoints will perform a lot better.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

1) Eternal Flame or Selfless Healer?
    Eternal Flame. Its pretty standard used in both PG and CM. While I'm sure someone out there has succeeded with Selfless healer, the vast majority find EF to be superior.
    2) What stat priority do you use? You probably want to go heavy mastery for CMs. The amount of spirit is very dependant on your group comp - if your group has time to drop combat between pulls, even for a split second, you will need much less spirit. However, if your group is actively pulling groups into the next, spirit is more valuable. This is something you need to play around with to see what is useful, but I found mana not a huge concern in challenge modes - its using your cds effectively when your tank is getting wrecked.

For proving grounds you may need more spirit, since you can only drink every 10th wave.
    3) I've noticed that in PG I'm not dropping combat at all, even when the wave is cleared and there's 20 seconds left on the timer, so I can't drink to regen mana. Is that intended? Yes. You only drop combat every 10th wave, and only if the wave finishes in time.

I recently did my CM's as a holy paladin. I stuck with my raid gear (spirit+mastery on gear, pure mastery gems, no haste break points) and went EF. I think going pure int gems might possibly be better but I didn't have any problems keeping people alive with pure mastery gems. I used ambers when needed.

Proving grounds only lets you drink every 10th wave as others have said, ambers there can be amazing if the NPC's are being very slow to kill mobs and you only get a second or two out of combat before the next wave comes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Haste makes you OOM faster especially at that that suppressed ilvl. Full out mastery + spirit ignoring haste breakpoints will perform a lot better.
    I see your point. I've made a mastery BiS list which nets 12022 int, 8023 spirit and 10069 mastery (food+flask+kings only buff). Will try with that and see how it goes. I can share all the BiS lists if anyone's interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually found for CM's spirit not to be a huge deal, since you can stock up on Regenerative Ambers from the Klaxxi to quickly regen mana between pulls. Proving Grounds though definitely focus on getting enough spirit and mastery so you can keep yourself afloat.

CM Is piece of cake, once you have pve gear.

Proving grounds, until gold is a ride on the park, endless is the real deal!! good luck mate!

I hate when ppl link links (lol) to me, but in your case i think it is all that you need!!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...roving-Grounds