Thread: Cat pet?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cat pet?

I just started my first hunter ever and I'm trying to figure out which pets to use.
    (So, far my choice is wolf/hyena DPS, Spider for PvP and some tanky pet, don't which one. Still a bit confused.)

Anyway, what I'm really wondering about is why so many use cay pets. I've been in quite a few dungeons now (I'm lvl 40) and almost everyone's got cats. So I must be missing something... (?)

You're not missing anything, they are. Cats have a raid-wide mastery buff, but they don't get it until level 81. Before that, I'd go with a wolf.

Deleted
    Ok. Thanks! Nice to know. I was really confused...

Deleted
    Real men use Raptors.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Real men use Sporebats.
    Fix't now!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Real men use King Bangalash.
    I fixed it BETTER.

Real men use Raptors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Real men use Sporebats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Real men use King Bangalash.
    Real men go with no pet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaivia View Post
    Real men go with no pet
    I'm not that manly.

Use whichever pet supplies a missing buff or debuff.

Failing that, if you're BM you can use a Quilen for brez or core hound for lust.

Or just use something that looks cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Go with a Wolf / Devilsaur (if you're BM) or a Serpent / Hyena. Crit and attack speed are the two most beneficial buffs to you.

Real trolls use Worgen for pets.
    Here, let me fix that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real hunters will bring w/e pet is needed for missing buff or debuff.... Can't wait till sporebats become useless pets. Really getting sick of that juvenile joke.

BoT, pvp pets lose there cc abilities soon too.... so its bring w/e ur wild hair commands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Real hunters will bring w/e pet is needed for missing buff or debuff...
    Blasphemy! Get him guys!
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2014-04-22 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    You're not missing anything, they are. Cats have a raid-wide mastery buff, but they don't get it until level 81. Before that, I'd go with a wolf.
    This is really bugging me when leveling. The amount of hunters using pointless pets in dungeons is really annoying, and yes, it feels like 80% of hunters use a cat.

As already said, get a wolf, a serpent and a raptor (if BM) or wind serpent (if SV), both provide major buffs to your dps and your group's (which, let's face it, consists out of you and the tank) and use them in that order if the buff is missing.

And as a sidenote, have your pet spec tenacity until about lvl 60, as the thunderclap does more damage than any single attack (but of course be sure to turn growl off).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    This is really bugging me when leveling. The amount of hunters using pointless pets in dungeons is really annoying, and yes, it feels like 80% of hunters use a cat.

As already said, get a wolf, a serpent and a raptor (if BM) or wind serpent (if SV), both provide major buffs to your dps and your group's (which, let's face it, consists out of you and the tank) and use them in that order if the buff is missing.

And as a sidenote, have your pet spec tenacity until about lvl 60, as the thunderclap does more damage than any single attack (but of course be sure to turn growl off).
    you should mean the amount of cats in lfr is annoying.

Its all about buffs and utility

If you roll BM then you will want a Spirit beast for that cool heal, A corehound for Bloodlust/heroism, A quillen for Battle res

The rest is just used for buffs/debuffs and for CC but those CCs are being removed in WoD

Wofl(Crit) is the best pet to use. 5% Crit is too strong compared to other buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jacklindr View Post
    I just started my first hunter ever and I'm trying to figure out which pets to use.
    (So, far my choice is wolf/hyena DPS, Spider for PvP and some tanky pet, don't which one. Still a bit confused.)

Anyway, what I'm really wondering about is why so many use cay pets. I've been in quite a few dungeons now (I'm lvl 40) and almost everyone's got cats. So I must be missing something... (?)
    Depending on your faction they may just be using the first pet they were given (IIRC Night Elves Start with a cat). It could also just be by virtue of the fact that cats are very plentiful in early zones for both sides (including some fairly easy to find rares).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Real hunters will bring w/e pet is needed for missing buff or debuff.... Can't wait till sporebats become useless pets. Really getting sick of that juvenile joke.

BoT, pvp pets lose there cc abilities soon too.... so its bring w/e ur wild hair commands.
    Sporebats aren't becoming useless pets. They are just taking away the 5% spell haste buff and giving them a 5% melee/ranged/spell haste buff as all forms of haste will just become "haste" in WoD.

if you cant play bm without a pet you're not a man