Thread: Tier 17 Shaman

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tier 17 Shaman

So it seems as if it's time to preview the Tier 17 sets as the Paladin and Warrior have already been shown. Does anybody have any kind of thoughts for Tier 17 Shaman? I hope it's very tribal and speaks to me on a spiritual level (heh).

Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised if it were another wolf set. Here's to hoping we get a decent looking set that I won't have to transmog out of.

I'm expecting something savage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I think it'll come last and I'm expecting some references to tier 5 (lava, ruptured earth...).

I hope it is another wolf set. love'em
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    I hope it is another wolf set. love'em
    Eh, hopefully it's something new. I'm a pretty big fan of the feral element of shamen, but I think it might be a little overplayed.

I'm hoping for something completely different though. I love the first two alpha sets that have popped up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Exinium View Post
    Eh, hopefully it's something new. I'm a pretty big fan of the feral element of shamen, but I think it might be a little overplayed.
    You forgot tier 13 . Some of your linked ones are partially or even primarily element oriented, though (raging elements? ).

That said, I share both sentiments, and hope for something feral/primal/bloody-dark ritual stuff (a blend between original orcish warlocks/shamans/warriors), AS WELL as something more along the lines of t2,3,4,5,6,7,8... (not in the same tier, mind you, but there'll be more than one, right? ) tier10 began the trend of going primal, and while there has been elemental themed stuff as well (fire lands), feral stuff was highlighted for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I'm guessing that most sets will be vaguely based off the Orc Clans, Warrior being Blackrock based for example.

So Shaman might be Frostwolf / Bleeding Hollow / Shadowmoon in my view.

Shadowmoon would be awesome with some kind of real Dead / Bone speaker style set.

Or Frostwolf, a decent Frost based set would be awesome, because T10 had just 1 real Frost version.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2014-04-22 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    inb4 frostfire theme. calling it.

@Kralljin: Dont forget Thunderlord Clan (the wolf riders of 1st war, and also shamans).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Purple, purple, more purple. World of Purplecraft, Warlords of Purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    @Kralljin: Dont forget Thunderlord Clan (the wolf riders of 1st war, and also shamans).
    I went with stuff that looked feather-y or feral, not necessarily by name. And yeah, forgot Tier 13. That's probably my favorite Shaman set too. ><

I suspect it will be frost fire related.

It's all been pretty much Earth, Wind&Fire(pun) so far with t4 being the outlier with a water theme. Almost all sets since t10 save t12 and maybe t11 have all been some spiritual shit where t16 broke the trend. I think it's time for some big crackling shoulders like t6 or a slicker updated t4. I'm pretty jealous of paladins because I want crystals too.

If it's not something feral, tribal, savage, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
    WoD has incredible opportunity to give the "nature" classes (Shaman, Hunters, Druids) some great-looking gear, and I hope Blizz comes through.

I always transmog into something that looks suitably (to me) Shamanistic -
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post26064242

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    If it's not something feral, tribal, savage, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
    WoD has incredible opportunity to give the "nature" classes (Shaman, Hunters, Druids) some great-looking gear, and I hope Blizz comes through.

I always transmog into something that looks suitably (to me) Shamanistic -
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post26064242
    Cataclysm had some great opportunities to give us elemental gear:

Now I guess tier 12 is elemental feeling, but then so was everyone else during T12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    My favourite Tier hands down is definitely Tier 10, I don't know what it is (maybe the Shoveltusk), but I've worn Frostwitch's Garb since ICC came out and haven't taken it off for anything besides leveling between expansions. I wouldn't mind another set like that.

Other close favourites would have to be Tier 13 and Tier 8.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-04-23 at 03:12 PM.

Tiers 10, 13 and 8 are my favourites. I think 13 was the most Shamanistic one in my opinion, though T10 was superb as well. But for WoD, I really want lots of bone and furs and skulls and scraps and runes and all that sort of primal paganistic look.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want some insane lightning and shit