Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Do you know what 230 ms is, it's not even 1/4 of a second.
    Yes - which equates to double that once you take into account observe/react. Effectively making your reaction times 3 times what they normally would be.

Deleted
    Warrior is a good choice.
    Charge is great when your ping is high as it guarantees you the 50% snare that also is undispellable, Piercing Howl is a 15 yard aoe snare, possibly the most potent snare in the game and easiest to hit with, also undispellable.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Warrior is a good choice.
    Charge is great when your ping is high as it guarantees you the 50% snare that also is undispellable, Piercing Howl is a 15 yard aoe snare, possibly the most potent snare in the game and easiest to hit with, also undispellable.
    Thanks man. I decided to go warrior

Assass rogue they have a lot of small pauses that can be used for latency stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    play a warrior and smash your head furiously against the keyboard

u should reach at least 1800 by doing this
    That's not true and you know it. Because if you mindlessly bash head on keyboard you have a 50% chance of hitting Bloodstorm before you hit charge! lol

as someone who plays 200-300ms sometimes more during peak hour i would have to say
    i havnt played all the melee toons but here is how i rank the ones i have played so far

warrior/dk > rogue > feral > ret > monk

havnt played enhance so i cant comment on it

so overall u need something with a decent gap closer like charge or death grip as youll often get the dreaded "you must be in melee range" msg to use your ability but on your screen ur literally butt humping them

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend anything but Feral, Rogue or Windwalker. Out of all the melee classes I play, they've seemed to be the worst on a higher latency.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yes - which equates to double that once you take into account observe/react. Effectively making your reaction times 3 times what they normally would be.
    Until cata everyone I knew ran with 200~ ms standard. We somehow got by without complaining about lag all the time (unless it was 500+ which usually meant the ACTUAL effects were causing 1000+)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I used to play both warrior and a rogue for years with 200-300 ms. But IDK, that was 6 years ago so many things have changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd roll rogue, then get that walk on water glyph, then sprint myself to a place with decent connections. 230+ MS, dont role melee, its not worth it.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-04-25 at 03:49 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    230+ MS, dont role melee, its not worth it.
    To be fair, is it ever worth it to roll melee? I mean, unless you don't want to be an effete, dress-wearing weakling, but that should be obvious.

Assassination rogue of course. Simplest rotation in game by a mile and very few things to actually click. All your abilities are also costly so you don't even click them that often and there isn't really anything you need to keep track of that you don't know is coming (envenom buff.)

i played a rogue with 200ms all through vanilla and tbc. And the amount of "CANT DO THAT - TOO FAR AWAY" or "CANT DO THAT - MUST BE BEHIND TARGET"

just ruins the class. As a rogue being energy capped while you are on a target is the worst thing that can happen, and having to waste your few abilites on shiv to slow, hemo because you cant get behind the target due to lag.

You having a bad connection just emphasizes the problem most melee classes have nowadays without lag: The lagging opponent.

Running on top of a target not being able to hit him. It's unnecesary frustration. The only solution i can think of is a class like dk that can grip/stun and has fairly long cooldown between their attacks, and 12 seconds between rune spawns. Or a paladin with similar attributes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, and here I was complaining whenever I hit 100ms. I'm usually at somewhere between 5-7 MS.