Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Make it do something like malefic grasp where it causes your dots to instantly tick for x % of their damage so that you have to time it with bigboi rolling ES. Seems like it would suit what they're trying to do in making SV a dot class.
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    From MMOC front page:

so it will be hitting 160% harder. its alpha ofcourse. things might change.
    I think that just might be them tweaking the numbers to see how stuff would scale up with weapons and gear along the expansion, since Celestalon did say it was for testing.

But I agree that the reset should go, and just buff the damage. It's always awkward with the pauses before it actually resets, and it just feels a bit...clunky to me overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think that just might be them tweaking the numbers to see how stuff would scale up with weapons and gear along the expansion, since Celestalon did say it was for testing.

But I agree that the reset should go, and just buff the damage. It's always awkward with the pauses before it actually resets, and it just feels a bit...clunky to me overall.
    For an execute that doesn't cost a damn thing, and can reset withing just seconds, there r too many unhappy ppl

I'll be still playing survival more than likely so I won't be sad to see it go.

As everyone else has said the reset mechanic along with travel time. Ditch it and just make it do more damage on the initial cast and it wouldn't be so bad.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2014-04-23 at 04:49 PM.

I guess nobody is really thrilled about that reset mechanic anymore.
    They could just for QoL-reasons get rid of the "IF it doesn't kill anybody, THEN reset" and just make it always usable twice and therefore without a stupid delay (that is dependant on range).
    I doubt being able to kill one person with killshot and then the next instantly with a second killshot is really an issue in pvp... (in the past, when it really hit hard, then maybe, but not today)
    but yeah that only really makes the double-use mechanic less bad, just get rid of it for gods sake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    I guess nobody is really thrilled about that reset mechanic anymore.
    They could just for QoL-reasons get rid of the "IF it doesn't kill anybody, THEN reset" and just make it always usable twice and therefore without a stupid delay (that is dependant on range).
    I doubt being able to kill one person with killshot and then the next instantly with a second killshot is really an issue in pvp... (in the past, when it really hit hard, then maybe, but not today)
    but yeah that only really makes the double-use mechanic less bad, just get rid of it for gods sake
    Everybody is but i doubt it's gonna change my tweets were not very hopeful i didn't quite get the answer i was expecting.
    Personally i think they avoid taking that path in order to avoid burst PVP issues.

Yeah, your tweet to Celestalon seems to suggest the route they're going involves "fixing" the reset-delay. If they can make it so standing at max range on Immerseus doesn't mean I have 2 GCDs between my KSs, I guess I'm okay with that. It should definitely be on-cast, I mean, the shot still has a travel time, so if you cast, it instantly resets, and then you fire a 2nd one, what's the harm if the first one kills the target? It's not like the 2nd one is going to kill it extra-dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, your tweet to Celestalon seems to suggest the route they're going involves "fixing" the reset-delay. If they can make it so standing at max range on Immerseus doesn't mean I have 2 GCDs between my KSs, I guess I'm okay with that. It should definitely be on-cast, I mean, the shot still has a travel time, so if you cast, it instantly resets, and then you fire a 2nd one, what's the harm if the first one kills the target? It's not like the 2nd one is going to kill it extra-dead.
    Since they wanna follow that route at least Buff kill shot to do decent dmg currently you won't priotirize kill shot over LNL for example.

Deleted
    Apart from it not doing any real damage, especially not when taking into account what it's name is and what it is designed for, I don't like the trigger mechanic.

They should change it to:
    - Kill Shot activates for 10 seconds after an enemy has dropped below 20% or less health and can then be used once, regardless of enemy health.

It's pretty frustrating when fighting a warrior with second wind (just an example): kill shot activates shortly, but I can't fire it off, cause I'm GCD locked from other actions. When the GCD lock is gone, the warrior is again above 20% health and with that, Kill Shot is also gone.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Apart from it not doing any real damage, especially not when taking into account what it's name is and what it is designed for, I don't like the trigger mechanic.

- Kill Shot activates for 10 seconds after an enemy has dropped below 20% or less health and can then be used once, regardless of enemy health.

It's pretty frustrating when fighting a warrior with second wind (just an example): kill shot activates shortly, but I can't fire it off, cause I'm GCD locked from other actions. When the GCD lock is gone, the warrior is again above 20% health and with that, Kill Shot is also gone.
    and then kill shot crits for 20k anyway on warriors and you wonder why you bothered pressing it.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post

The same happens to warlocks as well. ur attempt to cast shadowburn fails since opponent recovered his HP. Thats the execute mechanic. u get to execute so long HP is under certain %, if its not better luck next time, if u survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    and then kill shot crits for 20k anyway on warriors and you wonder why you bothered pressing it.
    I still think pillow shot is more appropriate name for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    The same happens to warlocks as well. ur attempt to cast shadowburn fails since opponent recovered his HP. Thats the execute mechanic. u get to execute so long HP is under certain %, if its not better luck next time, if u survive.
    The difference is that if a warlock happens to shadowburn the warrior, it hits hard enough to make sure he is still below 20% to shadowburn again (if there's embers available).

I agree killshot with the reset on hit is so clunky, I would really like a spec based execute which would help add more flavor. Like a Execute poison arrow for survival which after X seconds would hit, or maybe just a execute dot. Marks could have a kill shot which hits once but hard, and bm some fckin pet execute, maybe a temp buff fot it where it gets bloodthirsty or something.

How about this for an execute ability for survival.

hidden venom
    xx focus
    instant
    40 yards

You fire an arrow laced with a slow acting poison, this stores xxx damage on the target per shot. Lasts 15 seconds. Stacks. Once target reaches hp of the stored damage, it instantly dies. Only usable on targets below 30% hp.

probably should have same focus cost as arcane and then execute rotation will just be this, BA and cobra until finally it pops for like 2million damage XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    How about this for an execute ability for survival.

hidden venom
    xx focus
    instant
    40 yards

You fire an arrow laced with a slow acting poison, this stores xxx damage on the target per shot. Lasts 15 seconds. Stacks. Once target reaches hp of the stored damage, it instantly dies. Only usable on targets below 30% hp.

probably should have same focus cost as arcane and then execute rotation will just be this, BA and cobra until finally it pops for like 2million damage XD
    That would be absurdly broken. I'm picturing a Garrosh p1 execute using this, negating the entire p2-4.

Would rather have something akin to Feral in terms of execute mechanics: Sub 35% hitting with Explosive Shot refreshes/adds duration to Black Arrow, reduced ICD on LnL sub 35%, or extra charges sub 35%.

Also, Pillow Shot sounds about right for the damage it does in comparison to Execute, Shadowburn, etc... BUT, both of those have a high resource cost, making them justifiably stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

i would be fine with the cooldown as it is, if they got rid of the reset and just made it hit harder like the other execute style abilities.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    That would be absurdly broken. I'm picturing a Garrosh p1 execute using this, negating the entire p2-4.

Would rather have something akin to Feral in terms of execute mechanics: Sub 35% hitting with Explosive Shot refreshes/adds duration to Black Arrow, reduced ICD on LnL sub 35%, or extra charges sub 35%.

Also, Pillow Shot sounds about right for the damage it does in comparison to Execute, Shadowburn, etc... BUT, both of those have a high resource cost, making them justifiably stronger.
    thats a very short sighted view on it, I've "killed" garrosh plenty of times in phase one and he just sticks at 1 hp.

I agree it should only have one charge and deal more damage.
    /signed

10+ Year Old Account
    I'v had this happen so many damn times!!! - My partner Dies right as i kill his partner, warrior proceeds to rape me from 80% to nothing, all the while he's almost dead and all my 2 kill shots did was keep him at 20% hp through his second wind and he kills me.