What was your most annoying / pain-in-the-ass pet battle ever?

Mine was my current team vs 3 singing sunflowers... lasted about 3 hours, 572 rounds...but in the end I won, that poor fucker must have been pissed... after all, take down 3 singing sunflowers by one fiendish imp is truly a heroic feat

I bet he never expected to lose vs a team with no aquatic pets or attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy. Both of you are crazy for sticking it out that long. I would have simply quit after 9 minutes or so.

Also, /rfp will summon a random favorite pet of yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

LOL that is hilarious. You really persisted for 3 hours?

I don't really do pet PVP because it's so horribly broken. So I guess the worst is one of the Celestial Tournament pets. I have a strong strat versus most of them but one bad miss and bam, start the whole thing over.

RNG is the worst pet to fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    LOL that is hilarious. You really persisted for 3 hours?
    Well ya. Worst part is i almost peed myself cause i was drinking beer prior to that and i felt my bladder was gonna burst. Thing is, I got pissed off by how that guy thought he could just get an easy win or make people leave with such a gay fail ass team. I don't have a problem losing to a good player who out-skills you, but losing to a team like this cause of retarded healing and aoe was just outrageous. So i decided to push him to the limit and i eventually did. Even if he heals 216 or so per round, my immolation does around 72 and burn does an average of 335 so basically, i'm doing around 407 a per round. Even if he heals half of that, he is still taking damage. Due to sunny weather and human racial, i heal 4% of my 2039 hp which is around 101 per round. Since I'm faster, his lash would mostly hit me 1 times and rarely 2 times tops. Furthermore, he is forced to use heal and sunny weather while i focus on nuke while healing, so it counters most damage i take. Takes ages, but doable

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Meh...they realy need to add some kind of charges on abilitys.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Well I had something minor in a team with full evade techniques but wow nothing like 3 sunflowers lasting 3 hours.
    That's insane.

All of them in PVP.

I enjoy pet battles pretty decently fighting the trainers and such.

In PVP though, it is nothing but bad experiences. About 25% of the time when I queue up, I get some asshole that literally does nothing the entire time. My starting pet slowly kills his entire team with basic attacks because the guy never takes any actions and just lets his turn time out every time. Takes a long ass time to win and even though I won, it's just tasteless and unpleasant. Hate that shit. Want to punch them in the face until they apologize profusely for being complete wastes of living matter.

Then about half the time i'll get into a battle and RNG fucks me. I learned early on in pet battles RNG is complete, utter shit and to stay away from it. I don't use ANY pets that rely on heavy RNG or anything like that. All my pets have between 90 and 100% hit chances on the abilities I use because it's infuriating to lose because of a miss. Well, guess what, that 95% chance to hit with your attack is actually closer to 50% it seems cause that fucking shit misses all the damn time, even 3 times in a row sometimes, it is ridiculous. Then my opponent has the opposite problem. They use abilities with a 50% hit chance and it almost always hits me and destroys my pet. When I lose a battle that I would've won if all of my abilities had hit, it annoys me greatly. Especially when my chance to hit is 95% or better on nearly every ability and the lowest chance to hit move I have at all is 90%. But they still miss constantly, all of them. It's absurd. Even when I win fights like this, i'm still pissed off when it is over. It's just infuriating to have your high chance to hit shit constantly miss.

Then about 25% of the time I have a decent battle. The abilities actually land, the opponent actually fights back, I win more often than not. It's a good game.

Pet battles are just far too frustrating and annoying to be of any real entertainment value to me. I loathe RNG in the first place, but to have entire battles decided by ONE lucky crit or ONE unlucky miss and shit like that, simply because pets do so much damage relative to their health pools, it's ridiculous.

And let's not forget, you always end up fighting the exact same teams over and over again. Not even the same people, but just the same team comps, just because presumably some guide somewhere on the internet told these assholes those are good pets to PVP with. So there is very little diversity. Honestly I think everyone that queues for PVP pet battles with an Unborn Val'kyr should just have their account deleted for being unoriginal pieces of trash.

Honestly, i've grown to just hate pet battles in general. There is very little depth or complexity to it, and what little they do have in the way of hard counters is a bit too strong. Some fights are determined just by the type of pets your enemy happens to be using because they are resistant to your damage types or deal additional damage to your types, etc. Again, rng.

I prefer to keep my PVP, PVE, and everything else skill based with as little RNG involved as possible. Pet battles aren't something I enjoy anymore.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    I can't recall the exact details or circumstances, but it's mostly RNG as other people have mentioned as well. For example, I do remember that there were certain situations where I would gateway with my imp (either to waste the undead turn, screw up a wish combo, etc.) and it would miss. Eventually this one spell missing at this crucial moment would end up losing the game for me.

Another really annoying thing has also been mentioned, people who just afk in pet battles. This doesn't always happen from the start, but sometimes when the opponent realises they're going to lose. They should implement a system where 3 afk'd moves in a row = forfeit, because I can imagine losers trying to grief this way. Just take your loss and leave tbh.

Also, S/S Death Adder Hatchling... die in hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hah, props to you OP, for wasting 3 hours of that guys time.

I've fought some annoying heal teams (Blossoming Ancient, Ruby Droplet, Crawdad?), and beaten them as often as not, but I don't think there's any chance I'd go 3 hours for a win.