1. #1

    Mysterious Camel Figurine

    Hello all,

    I was wondering if _NPCScan and SilverDragon can still show some alerts for the Mysterious Camel Figurines in Uldum? As I have not been able to find some recent posts (I'd like some confirmations made in 2014, or at least after the latest patch) confirming it, I was hoping someone here could answer that. I have been going all around Uldum with both addons for a few days now and haven't found a single figurine...

    Also, I heard that some CRZ or phasing issues were affecting the figurines (and even Dormus himself !?) in the past. Has this been fixed mostly?

    I hope some of you will be able to help me and motivate me even more in my farming! Thank you very much!

  2. #2
    If the figurines are still npc's and not just objects npcscan should still be able to find them... and I'm pretty sure they still are.
    An Apple fanboy called me a retard.
    In the real world that makes me a genius.

  3. #3
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ye Olde England
    Posts
    297
    I know that NPC scan still does, but after every find you have to empty the cache

  4. #4
    High Overlord CodyHoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Ninth Circle of Hell
    Posts
    165
    You can enter in the figurine to NPC_Scan, I believe the ID is 50409. But Amber is right, you have to empty the cache after every discovery of a figurine.

    Hope this helps!

  5. #5
    Thank you for your answers. Yes, I have added the figurine's ID to NPCScan, and I have also cleared my cache (and would still clear it after every find), but I stil haven't seen anything. Maybe I am just unlucky right now...

    However, I have also encountered another issue: the figurine sometimes becomes marked as "cached" for nothing even if I receive no alert/don't see any figurine. I have read that some people have had the same issue recently; does anybody know what can cause this or if it's a known bug?

  6. #6
    npc scan dosent works for me, just use gatermate with alt+v for bars and u can easy see if they are on spawn point
    The first rule of Beta Club is: You do not talk about Beta Club. The second rule of Beta Club is: You do not talk about Beta Club.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkio View Post
    Hello all,

    I was wondering if _NPCScan and SilverDragon can still show some alerts for the Mysterious Camel Figurines in Uldum? As I have not been able to find some recent posts (I'd like some confirmations made in 2014, or at least after the latest patch) confirming it, I was hoping someone here could answer that. I have been going all around Uldum with both addons for a few days now and haven't found a single figurine...

    Also, I heard that some CRZ or phasing issues were affecting the figurines (and even Dormus himself !?) in the past. Has this been fixed mostly?

    I hope some of you will be able to help me and motivate me even more in my farming! Thank you very much!
    NPC Scan will alert you if it appears in your cache but you can not /target Mysterious Camel Figurine (haven't since one of the early Cata patches) so if it goes off be prepared to zoom your camera in on the ground to find where it's hiding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Takkio View Post
    Thank you for your answers. Yes, I have added the figurine's ID to NPCScan, and I have also cleared my cache (and would still clear it after every find), but I stil haven't seen anything. Maybe I am just unlucky right now...

    However, I have also encountered another issue: the figurine sometimes becomes marked as "cached" for nothing even if I receive no alert/don't see any figurine. I have read that some people have had the same issue recently; does anybody know what can cause this or if it's a known bug?
    I've had a similar issue with various MoP rares when I'm in Shrine. I can only imagine it's due to some crazy phasing issue that Blizzard hasn't gotten around to fixing.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    NPC Scan will alert you if it appears in your cache but you can not /target Mysterious Camel Figurine (haven't since one of the early Cata patches) so if it goes off be prepared to zoom your camera in on the ground to find where it's hiding.
    This is how it's been operating for a while, although they're not too hard to find, they're usually against a wall of some sort. Just don't spaz out and accidentally fly too far and get thrown off because of it. I can't confirm new patches, but it's been working like this since I got mine back in 5.0 or 5.1 I believe.
    The date was 2/23/2013 apparently.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    "It’s not what you have, or what you can do. Just being born, living your life… before you know it, you’re already special to someone."

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    682
    This site will help you immensely.

    Learn all the figurine locations.
    Wait for npc scan to ding.
    Rush straight to the points shown on the site with friendly health bars showing(Shift + v)

    Took me about 60 fakes before the real 1 spawned. (Over a year and a few months of casual farming since release to get mine but i am unlucky)

    Happy Hunting

  10. #10
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    This site will help you immensely.

    Learn all the figurine locations.
    Wait for npc scan to ding.
    Rush straight to the points shown on the site with friendly health bars showing(Shift + v)

    Took me about 60 fakes before the real 1 spawned. (Over a year and a few months of casual farming since release to get mine but i am unlucky)

    Happy Hunting
    Wow.. That is some serious rng slap to the face

    I found the real one on the first try and noone I know have found more than 10 fakes before finding the real one.

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk 1ns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    tdb
    Posts
    1,777
    I've camped about 100 hours (its not much compared to some i know) but i've not even found a fake one.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Wow.. That is some serious rng slap to the face

    I found the real one on the first try and noone I know have found more than 10 fakes before finding the real one.
    Lucked out on Aeonaxx and got it after 3 months of serious camping.
    Atleast i have that going for me. (^^_)

  13. #13
    This is my next project after the Bag achieve from the isle.

    Haha jk I'm never gonna finish this isle achieve

  14. #14
    I finally found one figurine after a lot of runs all over Uldum... And NPCScan did send an alert for it, so yes I can now confirm that it still works properly.

    I have been farming it many hours in the last days and I have only seen one figurine (which turned to dust)... I do not know if I am just unlucky or if it is the same for everyone or if there is something I am not doing correctly and that would reduce my chances of finding some, but I have been looking at the strats posted on a few websites and I am trying to follow them exactly! Anybody would have some more good tips (or things that worked for you) that could help me?

    Thank you all again

  15. #15
    The figures are technically NPC's,and so are detected but there is one particular difference you should be aware of.
    You cannot target them via the button or a macro.

    They do however have friendly nameplates, so pressing shift+V to toggle friendly nameplates on will allow you to see their names when close enough.
    No bars though, only the names.

    Quote Originally Posted by Takkio View Post
    I finally found one figurine after a lot of runs all over Uldum... And NPCScan did send an alert for it, so yes I can now confirm that it still works properly.

    I have been farming it many hours in the last days and I have only seen one figurine (which turned to dust)... I do not know if I am just unlucky or if it is the same for everyone or if there is something I am not doing correctly and that would reduce my chances of finding some, but I have been looking at the strats posted on a few websites and I am trying to follow them exactly! Anybody would have some more good tips (or things that worked for you) that could help me?

    Thank you all again
    There are two figurines.
    One which turns to dust, one which triggers the event.
    The dust is very common, while the event figurine is much rarer.

    Only one will spawn at any time, randomly and so being most of the time the dust figurine.
    If you found a figurine, then that is all there was to find and will be until whatever time another one appears.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-04-24 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkio View Post
    I finally found one figurine after a lot of runs all over Uldum... And NPCScan did send an alert for it, so yes I can now confirm that it still works properly.

    I have been farming it many hours in the last days and I have only seen one figurine (which turned to dust)... I do not know if I am just unlucky or if it is the same for everyone or if there is something I am not doing correctly and that would reduce my chances of finding some, but I have been looking at the strats posted on a few websites and I am trying to follow them exactly! Anybody would have some more good tips (or things that worked for you) that could help me?

    Thank you all again
    You have 2 options right now.

    Clear your cache and wait for the next figurine spawn - Hardcore farming
    Or
    Keep the figurine cached and check Uldum once in awhile - Casual Farming.

    The real and fake figurine have seperate ID's.
    If you already found the fake 1.

    The next time you get a figurine notification in Uldum.
    IT WILL BE THE REAL ONE

  17. #17
    Alright so I guess I'll just go back and do what I was already doing! :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    This site will help you immensely.

    Learn all the figurine locations.
    Wait for npc scan to ding.
    Rush straight to the points shown on the site with friendly health bars showing(Shift + v)
    By the way, is the map present on this site you linked pretty much still valid and up-to-date? Because I am currently following this path and I would not like to miss a possible spot and/or go some places I should not go...

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkio View Post
    By the way, is the map present on this site you linked pretty much still valid and up-to-date? Because I am currently following this path and I would not like to miss a possible spot and/or go some places I should not go...
    There have been no changes to the spawning of figurines afaik or spawn locations.

  19. #19
    Hey hey! Sorry to bring this back up, but I have a few more questions about the addons that I am using to find the Mysterious Camel Figurine: _NPCScan and SilverDragon.

    First of all, do these addons work perfectly together, at the same time, or may this make one of them work not properly? I am asking this because, at start, I was using only _NPCScan, and alerts were showing up properly (with a little figurine model at the bottom of the screen) when I was walking around a figurine. Now that I use both addons simultaneously, SilverDragon alerts seem to pop all the time, but the _NPCScan alerts do not appear when I find a Camel Figurine (however, they appear when I find other rares in the world). Is there any reason this happens, and could this make me pass by a "real" figurine?

    My second question is if SilverDragon can detect the "real" figurine (ID 50409), or only the dud (ID 50410), because I have not been adding the real one's ID anywhere... Is it like _NPCScan; do we need to add the correct 50409 ID somewhere in this addon too?

    I'm asking because if SilverDragon makes my _NPCScan not pop, and if SilverDragon can maybe not detect the "real" figurine, then I will never find it without your help!

    Thanks for your help once again!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkio View Post
    Hey hey! Sorry to bring this back up, but I have a few more questions about the addons that I am using to find the Mysterious Camel Figurine: _NPCScan and SilverDragon.

    First of all, do these addons work perfectly together, at the same time, or may this make one of them work not properly? I am asking this because, at start, I was using only _NPCScan, and alerts were showing up properly (with a little figurine model at the bottom of the screen) when I was walking around a figurine. Now that I use both addons simultaneously, SilverDragon alerts seem to pop all the time, but the _NPCScan alerts do not appear when I find a Camel Figurine (however, they appear when I find other rares in the world). Is there any reason this happens, and could this make me pass by a "real" figurine?

    My second question is if SilverDragon can detect the "real" figurine (ID 50409), or only the dud (ID 50410), because I have not been adding the real one's ID anywhere... Is it like _NPCScan; do we need to add the correct 50409 ID somewhere in this addon too?

    I'm asking because if SilverDragon makes my _NPCScan not pop, and if SilverDragon can maybe not detect the "real" figurine, then I will never find it without your help!

    Thanks for your help once again!
    I've never used SilverDragon so can't help you with that. I don't see why both addons would function differently if both were installed but for something like Mysterious Camel Figurine I'd imagine _NPC_scan would be the better choice because the only thing that you the player has to do is move your character close enough to it for the addon to detect the figure being cached.

    Edit: And yeah, neither addon will alert you to finding something if the addon doesn't know to be searching for that npc id. Add the real figure id to both addons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •