How should I be gemming (Resto)?

Started playing again earlier this month. My main is a hunter and my druid is my alt. Started playing my druid again and starting to get gear for him. I don't have the legendary meta or cloak because I hate dps on my druid. Thus I don't care to farm Black Prince rep.

To the point, how should I be gemming my resto druid at my current ilvl? I know about the haste break points. Right now I still prioritize spirit but since I've been getting a lot of new gear. I am feeling better about my mana. But anyways, again how should I be gemming?

Thanks

My Druid: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...huras/advanced

At your item level (550), you should be gemming for mastery over int.

If you are at your haste breakpoint of choice:
    Red socket: Int/Mastery (orange)
    Yellow: Mastery (yellow)
    Blue: Spirit/Mastery (green)
    Prismatic: Mastery (yellow)

If you have not yet reached your haste breakpoint, use the above list but replace haste wherever mastery was in the gems.

PS: Armory shows your haste at 9534. You REALLY need to be at 3043 haste OR 13163 haste. Anything else is wasting a lot of stat points. I would highly recommend reforging and gemming to reach 13,163 haste rating-- or if you cant reach that dropping all haste and getting down as low to 3043 as you can.

Spirit till comfortable> haste to bp (3043 or 13163)>mastery>crit.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-04-29 at 12:36 PM.

I could probably reach 13163 haste if I gem for it. Do you think it is a good idea to go for 13163 haste at my gear level?

Yes.

Both the 3043 build and the 13163 build work well. Just don't be sitting in the middle between them like you currently are.

The 13163 haste build is generally seen as slightly better, and personally I prefer the "snappy" feeling from the shortened gcd's and casts.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-04-29 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    I could probably reach 13163 haste if I gem for it. Do you think it is a good idea to go for 13163 haste at my gear level?
    Probably. You've got a decent number of items with haste and a lot of sockets, so it should be reachable without breaking socket bonuses. If you can reach it, it's worth reaching. Don't expect to see a big difference in throughput right away, though.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Probably. You've got a decent number of items with haste and a lot of sockets, so it should be reachable without breaking socket bonuses. If you can reach it, it's worth reaching. Don't expect to see a big difference in throughput right away, though.
    It's worth mentioning that each gear upgrade from after this point will be noticeable though, while you could also wait until you got quite a few upgrades and get a huge boost when you decide to change.

Personally I enjoy the haste far too much to not aim for my highest breakpoint, though quite a few people prefer heavy mastery, low haste.

You can easily hit the 13k haste bp without losing any important socket bonuses. Your spirit/mastery budget are a little low, but workable. Here's the profile I recommend (hit optimize: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/5...a-9e9625d76c5d If you feel that will drop your spirit too low, you can go for http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/6...8-4db7099a9fdd but your mastery will be a bit anemic.