reapply sf/mf for eclipse

So for as long as I've had my druid alt I've always been kitty/resto, but decided to go all boomkin on em for 5.4 out of boreds lol. So def, fairly new to boomchicken. Have done plenty of reading on rotations and talents but curious about one thing....i do always keep sf/mf dots up with an addon to track, but i also like to reapply the dots way before they run out right after I enter it's eclipse, and then I apply it again (or try to) right before I go out of that eclipse. Good practice? or should I just not bother with that at all and only re-apply them right before they fall off?

Armory link/gear info? If you have 10289 haste and 540+ ilvl the rotation for single target and dotting changes a fair bit.
    If you have very little gear apprx 5273 haste breakpoint you will likely have to refresh at the start of eclipse and right before nature's grace falls off. Otherwise, lemme know if you have legendary meta and stuffs

Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    Armory link/gear info? If you have 10289 haste and 540+ ilvl the rotation for single target and dotting changes a fair bit.
    If you have very little gear apprx 5273 haste breakpoint you will likely have to refresh at the start of eclipse and right before nature's grace falls off. Otherwise, lemme know if you have legendary meta and stuffs
    Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nannaki/simple

sitting at 534 ilvl and 10300 haste (i prefer to stick with recomendations from the addon 'reforgenator')......not loving my dps at all for gear at this point, sometimes can burst up to 300k dps but it usually dwindles out to about 130 140k

Quote Originally Posted by dyerigan View Post
    Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nannaki/simple

sitting at 534 ilvl and 10300 haste (i prefer to stick with recomendations from the addon 'reforgenator')......not loving my dps at all for gear at this point, sometimes can burst up to 300k dps but it usually dwindles out to about 130 140k
    You're under hit cap that's not helping much. Go to askmrrobot.com, load/update your character button, should be default w/ 15% hit and 5273 haste

If you click the Edit weights button it should look like this:
    http://i.imgur.com/5HhljBC.png
    http://i.imgur.com/WQH2m7K.png

You don't have enough gear to go for 10289 haste yet imo. Stick with 5273 until you get a lot more crit gear. Focus loot rolls on trinkets.

For dotting question, again you'll probably have to refresh 2x per eclipse (make sure to track nature's grace) so you can push the next eclipse without the dots falling off for an extended peroid of time, unless you have bloodlust up you can probably get away with dotting once per eclipse.
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2014-04-29 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    You're under hit cap that's not helping much. Go to askmrrobot.com, load/update your character button, should be default w/ 15% hit and 5273 haste

If you click the Edit weights button it should look like this:
    http://i.imgur.com/5HhljBC.png
    http://i.imgur.com/WQH2m7K.png

You don't have enough gear to go for 10289 haste yet imo. Stick with 5273 until you get a lot more crit gear. Focus loot rolls on trinkets.

For dotting question, again you'll probably have to refresh 2x per eclipse (make sure to track nature's grace) so you can push the next eclipse without the dots falling off for an extended peroid of time, unless you have bloodlust up you can probably get away with dotting once per eclipse.
    ok so ya.......the addon reforgenator doesn't have ANYTHING on mr. robot lmao took all of robots recommendations and well, dps shot up about 20-30 points...thanks so much for reminding me of that site, annoyed now that i don't hit that site sooner. Thanks much for help though man!

If my memory serves me correctly about ToT level gear you should stay at the 10289 haste breakpoint.

Prioritizing Haste/Crit over Int in your gemming (yellow = haste or crit, red = int/haste or int/crit) should improve your damage and make your rotation smoother with increased SS procs and DoT extension. Reaching the Hit cap, as suggested, will also make things smoother.

Generally at 10k haste you shouldn't need to put DoTs up twice per Eclipse. If a fight has significant movement or heavy multi-dotting you may and since you don't have the legendary meta you'll likely be doing it a bit more frequently than your standard moonkin would. Still, you should be typically a bit disappointed whenever you're not cycling through Eclipses fast enough to get from one to the other with only 1 set of DoTs.

You should only very rarely re-apply DoTs "way before they run out". The only time you'll typically want to apply DoTs before the last second or two of their duration is if you have a powerful proc that will fall off if you don't. For most moonkins this is primarily the legendary meta proc.

You should look to replace Unerring Vision of Lei Shen (UVLS) and Wushoolay's with Purified Bindings from Immerseus and Kardis's Toxic Totem, but while you have them you should try and get as much as you can out of them.

At that ilvl Wushoolay's probably isn't strong enough to pay much attention to. If you're going to be refreshing DoTs in the near future you can refresh a couple seconds earlier to take advantage of the end of a Wush proc, but don't push it and it's definitely weaker than making sure one of those DoTs is in an Eclipse.

UVLS is different and because the proc is so short you should always put up DoTs as soon as the proc occurs regardless of your Eclipse state then be sure to prioritize Starsurge procs since they should come almost constantly once those DoTs are up. UVLS procs will be very rare and potentially annoying, but if you're unable to take advantage of them UVLS will be inferior to most other DPS trinkets.
    Last edited by Skagasm; 2014-04-29 at 03:43 AM.