Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Yes, and you can continue to "deal with it". There's a clear distinction between discussing a point and complaining about it. You seem to be complaining about it, rather than having a proper discussion about it.

Complaint:
    "What is faster? Teleporting to a location or the location to you. Or running quickly to said location? Which method makes a stronger impact?"

Discussion:
    "Here's the problem, here's how I suggest we fix it and here are the pro's and con's. Thoughts?".

You have to give a bit more detail than this:
    No. I was clearly illustrating a point there. A point that I felt was missed, and may still be so. It is definitely missed if you don't actually read the whole post. As far as the other thing you quoted. I didn't write that. Are you confusing what was written by whom?

It is also hard to suggest anything on these forums if people want to be rude and dismissive by telling people to "go somewhere else or play another class."

Retribution's movement is fine and you should deal with it. If you want more movement, the Monk and Druid forms are that way...
    Last edited by Ramiell; 2014-06-12 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramiell View Post
    No. I was clearly illustrating a point there. A point that I felt was missed, and may still be so. It is definitely missed if you don't actually read the whole post. As far as the other thing you quoted. I didn't write that. Are you confusing what was written by whom?

It is also hard to suggest anything on these forums if people want to be rude and dismissive by telling people to "go somewhere else or play another class."
    What I quoted in the "complaint" field I quoted from you, what I wrote in the discussion field was written by me and the quote below the post was your opening post.

No, you can suggest things, it's just mobility (which is one of the things currently fine with Retribution) that you seem to be displeased with and want to improve, and other people agree that it doesn't need to be changed. We don't see your reason as being valid as we feel it's in the right place and that's why we're saying that if you want more mobility you should play another class, as this is the epitome of mobility a Retribution Paladin has had ever and it works.

You have Emancipate and Hand of Freedom baseline, as well as the option to take a burst sprint, a judgement sprint or holy power movement speed increase and you still don't see what they're designed around? Retribution was never meant to have an instant gap closer, and they never will have one.

What I quoted in the "complaint" field I quoted from you, what I wrote in the discussion field was written by me and the quote below the post was your opening post.
    Dude, I am not the thread starter. I did not write what he wrote. Nowhere in what I wrote do I specifically state I "hate Ret movement." The point I was trying to get at was that I can understand why people would want a gap closer. I can see arguments for changing it and against changing it. I'm not on here telling people that don't want it to change to "get out of my class."

Retribution was never meant to have an instant gap closer, and they never will have one.
    How do you know what Ret will or will not be in the future? There was a time where Ret had no interrupt or snare. Do you feel secure in making a blanket statement like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramiell View Post
    Dude, I am not the thread starter. I did not write what he wrote. Nowhere in what I wrote do I specifically state I "hate Ret movement." The point I was trying to get at was that I can understand why people would want a gap closer. I can see arguments for changing it and against changing it. I'm not on here telling people that don't want it to change to "get out of my class."

How do you know what Ret will or will not be in the future? There was a time where Ret had no interrupt or snare. Do you feel secure in making a blanket statement like that?
    Whoops. Just assumed after getting into this heated debate that you were... my bad. Sure, every melee wants a gap closer, and every caster wants an escape but not everyone needs one.

I don't know what it'll be like in the future, but it's easy to conclude that "blanket statement" that Retribution will not get an additional gap closer outside of its speed increases or freedoms. If you go to the Shaman forums, you'll notice the uproar over wanting a gap closer. Shaman want one, I want one, but we all know neither classes are getting one so there's no point in arguing. Blizzard is very clear on the fact that they don't want Retribution or Enhancement to have any instantaneous gap closers like Charge, or Death Grip. We're stuck with sprints and we have to deal with it.

I like HoW as an extra HoPo builder that's only available some of the time that hits harder than our other HoPo builders. We don't need an execute, we need rotation fillers and more ways to stay on target in PVP.

"Go play a Monk/Warrior if you want gap closers" is kind of the right response to this though...

This game needs fewer gap closers, not more. When you keep pumping up the mobility you get into these arms races where you get stupid stuff like Cata-era Frost Mages and the insane kiting Hunters have had. Then, if you play something like an Ele Shaman, now suddenly there are EVEN MORE melee who can sit on your face. It's a bad experience for everyone, and it's unhealthy for the game. Besides, when you are describing heroic leap under a different guise... how is that Paladin-like at all? Because Tirion did it ONE TIME? Mobility is a valid concern, but it should fit the Retribution theme. Not just some hastily slapped together "Divine Leap." I'd much rather see Blizz build out and expand our current strengths rather than make us into a cheap Warrior knock off. These skill suggestions make me cringe when I read them.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Quote Originally Posted by odin021 View Post
    HoW is boring the way it is right now. Just a button to hit when it's available.
    Just like any other skill in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    "Go play a Monk/Warrior if you want gap closers" is kind of the right response to this though...

This game needs fewer gap closers, not more. When you keep pumping up the mobility you get into these arms races where you get stupid stuff like Cata-era Frost Mages and the insane kiting Hunters have had. Then, if you play something like an Ele Shaman, now suddenly there are EVEN MORE melee who can sit on your face. It's a bad experience for everyone, and it's unhealthy for the game. Besides, when you are describing heroic leap under a different guise... how is that Paladin-like at all? Because Tirion did it ONE TIME? Mobility is a valid concern, but it should fit the Retribution theme. Not just some hastily slapped together "Divine Leap." I'd much rather see Blizz build out and expand our current strengths rather than make us into a cheap Warrior knock off. These skill suggestions make me cringe when I read them.
    My view of Paladin was always the "unstoppable Juggernaut" type. The type where you can run, but you'll never fully get away, because we just keep coming. Primarily that would require increased durability, better ranged attacks, or better self-healing (Wrath of the Lich King Paladins really were basically Juggernauts). Lot of people suggest Eye for an Eye as a frequent way to handle things. Having that as an activated ability could be interesting, but Monk already stole a lot of that (sending debuffs back to whoever used them, reflecting damage, etc). Only thing I could really imagine would be taking reduced damage while snared or CC'd or something.