Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I wonder if we will be able to exploit the 2nd item level on pvp gear by initiating a dual with a buddy (or having a buddy from the other faction tag us putting our whole group into pvp battle) then steamrolling whatever pve world boss we want with our 2nd ilvl firing on all cylinders.

As a PvE'er, I can't imagine myself queueing for pvp in WoD without a full set of pvp gear now, and I definitely don't see myself grinding out a main set, off set AND pvp set on any character. As the gap in gear expands, so does the divide bewteen pve and pvp.
    It's not going to work like that. The moment you hit your target if it's a player your 2nd lvl stats are used to calculate dmg. Otherwise it uses 1st level. There's no trailing buff. It's calculated per hit. I wonder what the performance implications for this are.

Also you won't have to 'grind' an off gear set. The moment you switch spec say from Resto Shaman (main) to enh Shaman (off), the stats on you gear will switch too. From int to agi. They won't be ideal probably but good enough for an offset.
    So in effect you have to grind a main set (pve) and pvp set

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    It's not going to work like that. The moment you hit your target if it's a player your 2nd lvl stats are used to calculate dmg. Otherwise it uses 1st level. There's no trailing buff. It's calculated per hit. I wonder what the performance implications for this are.
    Interesting. I suppose that makes sense in a strictly damage dealing scenario, but wouldn't a 2nd ilvl affect healing stats and or damage mitigation as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Interesting. I suppose that makes sense in a strictly damage dealing scenario, but wouldn't a 2nd ilvl affect healing stats and or damage mitigation as well?
    I think it's quite weird yes. For healing, if you're in combat and on your combat table there's a pvp opponent maybe there's a calculation wrt how many players vs mobs and who attacked you more in the last 5 secs window.
    For mitigation and I'm thinking more about stamina and hp I don't really know. I mean will people's HP move up and down. It's quite odd. We'll have to wait and see.
    I'm not too worried.

I'm more worried about the lameness of some classes going into warlords such as hunters. So bland and flavorless