Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Hell yes, so it's still happening this year I wonder if that means that they'll have a couple of special announcements to make or not. As they skipped BlizzCon 2012 because there wasn't anything/enough to announce.

I sure hope WoD is out way before this... if it truly does wait until December... then this final patch of Pandaria will have been out long enough to.... Get married, make a baby... have the baby, and raise the baby for more than 1/2 a year!! while probably 1/2 way through pregnancy on the 2nd baby if you so happen to want 2 children!?!?? Also I'm sure it will leave ample time for BC lovers to head on over to Wildstar and live out their obsessive compulsive completist ADHD smorgasbord of 40 man raiding dreams with highly detailed multi-classish multi spec'ing and faction/currency farming with BGs and Arenas and Player housing with quest hubs/farms/mines/buffs, mounts/ mount/house/armor customizations even a type of reforging which we're losing! Oh and god forbid everyone's previous love affair with attunements they will even include... all this for a full half a year to get sick of.... all before WoD is even released!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Then don't go... there's countless of people who can not go or do not want to spend the money, i.e. from Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, you name it. It would cost me round ~$4000-5000 to go there, that's why I'm not going. But if anything at all, they should try to visit other parts of the world with the convention, if they want to make it easier for people.
    I went in 2008 on a relatively slow for announcements year, I live a few states away and it roughly cost me 1k. I now make less than 1/2 of what I used to and it would cost me at least 1500 this year... I don't see it happening for me as well.

For the first time I bought the virtual ticket for last years event. And for the life of me, I don't see why people actually spend money to go to this.

WoD drops Sept 22, blizzcon info about 6.1 and a tease about next expac.

Deleted
    This Blizzcon needs to be about expansion 6, definitely not WoD.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sourmonkey View Post
    they should split Blizzcon into Blizzcon West Blizzcon East .... i live on the east coast would love to go, i am however not wanting to pay to fly , hotel etc.... why not have it at the same time in 2 locations

for example west coasters have it in its original spot and for the east coasters have it in like atlanta or something. that way it opens more options for those of us who rather just drive 2-10hrs rather than spend 2k a year for room and board and tickets.
    Among many other things, the participants can't be at both locations at once, so it would significantly degrade the quality of the event just to save you some money. If that doesn't bother you then you probably shouldn't worry about going in the first place.

it would be nice to have it other locations but I doubt they will ever happen as they are always asked that and alway say it would cost to much and ticket prices would be even higher.... there was a year it showed up on a las vegas convention centers calendar for a day or two but that was quickly put to rest by Blizzard. As an east coast person it sucks.. but I'm going its the only trip i ever take and I start saving the day the previous one is over for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    So ... Blizzard has stated already that WOD will be out "in the fall".

To launch the expansion less than month before Blizzcon would be shown as rude cause guilds will still be in the hunt for world fist 1 month after release.

This leaves the week of 21st of september as the only possible release date. But not really. Cause with less than 6 months to this date... and the game not even in real alpha.... Blizzard can not stick this date now.. later... or ever.

So late November is right now the first possible release of WOD.
    Your logic is outstanding....

Instead of just making up random shit, shall we maybe wait and see?

Patch 6.0 in October, your release the Tuesday after Blizzcon or a week after, we'll all know the release date well ahead of the Con. The 10th anniversary is two weeks following this event. If you want to buiild massive hype around this release, this is how you do it, and will ultimately build insane fervor for the release. You get to ask your questions of the devs, they get to lay out all the new toys and such, and every one of you gets your fix.

We go through this every single expansion, this is just going to be one that lasts a little longer in terms of wait. Nobody's dropping WoW, the one thing that's certain is that whenever they release it, everyone comes back. It's not like this game is going to disappear in the next decade, the addicts in this fellowship won't allow it. They'll just release a few store mounts or pets to tide them over.

I represent a small grouping of players in that I've been playing since vanilla and I started in early college. I've never played straight through and have probably resubbed more than 15-20 times throughout the course of this game. I usually play maybe 2-3 months at most then take a several month break until new content comes out. I should also point out that almost all of my friends are in the same position.

It is my belief that if blizzard continues to prolong the release of content (such as WOD) that you will not be seeing a huge number of the players that me and my friends represent. This may not necessarily be a bad thing if you can get new players, but I have a feeling that due to the saturation of new games and just the overall number of games being released that it will be difficult. For me and my friends, a release date so far away just doesn't seem very appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess this Blizzcon will center around "Legacy of the Void" and "Heroes of the Storm".
    With a relatively fresh X-pack release, there won't be much WoW or Diablo news to give.