Poll: Blizzcon 2014 - what will be the big highlight?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzcon 2014 - Your Predictions?

Hurrah! Blizzcon is finally confirmed for another year. Watching the live stream is hands down one of the best events of my year - just thinking about it gives me goosebumps!

But wait, here's the thing...

Every second year, Blizzcon tends to be relatively slow, since there isn't a new WoW expansion to announce. It's still a blast - no doubt! But the topics tend to be more about in-depth discussions on games recently released, or soon to be.

But there's also the age-old thing where Blizzard supposedly want to speed up their development cycles. What does that mean for this Blizzcon? Does WoD perhaps entail a "Pt. 2 - Burning Legion"? Is that why it's taking so long? Who knows!

Cast your predictions of what we'll see! Feel free to also vote in the poll on what you think will be the big highlight of the show!
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2014-04-22 at 07:07 PM.

It's way too early for anything else other than Legacy of the Void. We'll hear about Hearthstone, WoW, and D3 patches and more about Heroes if it's not already out.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the movie, Starcract 2: LotV, Heroes of the Storm, and WoD are going to be big drawers... Maybe even a D3 expansion

I predict people will complain about how absolutely awful it'll be until it gets here, then it'll get here, then people will crap themselves with manic glee over everything in it. Then they'll go back to complaining again after a while once the new-car-smell wears off.

In other words, the exact same thing the playerbase will do and has done with every convention, patch, hotfix, and expansion ever in the game's history.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

15+ Year Old Account
    In my wildest dreams I see blizzard announcing Ogres and Arakkoa as mid-expansion playable races...

but yeah, WoD will most likely be the center of attention beside SC2 : LotV.

10+ Year Old Account
    SC 2 Legacy!

I'd say Titan, Diablo 3 Expansion maybe(?), Something for Starcraft+World of Warcraft and hopefully WARCRAFT FOUR!!!

The Warcraft movie, obviously! They've been filming it all year! We'd best be getting a nice trailer for Blizzcon.
    You just lost The Game

I can't find the source, but Blizzard has pretty much said Warcraft 4 is not on the table.

As for content; logically it will be Legacy of the Void teaser information, Heroes of the Storm pre-release hype-train, perhaps the announcement and teaser of the second Diablo 3 expansion. I find it difficult to think that there will be any Titan information, given that the team was fired and the project was rebooted less than a year ago. Maybe a Hearthstone expansion? :S

Given the date, there is a slim chance it will actually be the pre-release hype-train for WoD - according to the pre-purchase there is a chance it won't yet have gone live at Blizzcon.

Deleted
    legacy of the void, warcraft movie, new wow patch stuff, hearthstone expansion or patch stuff, diablo 3 expansion (maybe), heros of th estorm

Deleted
    Most definitely some Blizzard games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the main focus will be the WoD release, which I expect after Blizzcon.

I think the other big focuses will be Heroes of the Storm and the second Starcraft 2 expansion. There's a chance we might see info about the WoW movie.

Warcraft Movie brah! How could you forget!?!

They'll probably do a charity auction of the Azeroth Choppers bikes.
    LOL@HOTS X1.

It's not even out yet. But they'll probably have live HOTS gameplay.

And yeah, world premier of Warcraft the Movie theatrical trailer.

And they'll announce WoD beta. jk

Voting none of the above.

WoD will have just released when Blizzcon 2014 hits, so the only thing Warcraft related there will be what to expect after launch for the expansion, and the movie.

Considering that Blizzard's release schedule tends to say that Diablo is released in between WoW expansions, we won't be seeing the preview for Diablo expac 2 until next year.

Titan was shelved for time being. Until it is stated otherwise that they've resumed work on it, we won't see it.

More Hearthstone content will definitely appear there; perhaps a sneak peek at the 2nd and third HS expansions.

Heroes of the Storm will definitely appear.

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void will absolutely be revealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    SCX2 is most likely never going to happen.. I've never even heard anyone mention it before this post..
    D3X2 is way too soon to mention.. X1 is only just released, 22 months after D3 was released.
    WoWX6 is way too soon... X5 might not even have been releasez when Blizzcon hits.
    HotSX1 makes no sense, as HotS most likely isn't even released yet when BlizzCon hits.
    HSX1 makes sense.. It have already been announced.. But HS is a minor thing, not main selling point..
    Titan..... Tough one.... Blizz seems really reluctant to reveal ANYTHING..

Warcraft Movie, on the other hand.. I thnk we'll see some footage and get some actors and characters paired...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2014-04-23 at 05:13 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    WoD will have just released when Blizzcon 2014 hits, so the only thing Warcraft related there will be what to expect after launch for the expansion, and the movie.

Considering that Blizzard's release schedule tends to say that Diablo is released in between WoW expansions, we won't be seeing the preview for Diablo expac 2 until next year.

Titan was shelved for time being. Until it is stated otherwise that they've resumed work on it, we won't see it.

More Hearthstone content will definitely appear there; perhaps a sneak peek at the 2nd and third HS expansions.

Heroes of the Storm will definitely appear.

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void will absolutely be revealed.
    WoD will be after Blizzcon - following the theme of previous cons. They'll have nothing to discuss for WoW otherwise and attendance would be down with people racing to 100 despite firsts being removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I honestly don't think Titan will ever be. It's finished assets will probably find their way being cleverly worked into other Blizzard products, but after the battering WoW (and other MMOs) has taken in the last couple of years I'm sure the shareholders are asking: "Next generation MMO? Are you out of your minds?"

Deleted
    Need multiple choices in Poll. But SC2 expansion, Hearthstone expansion are going to be there with 99% certainty. Maybe Titan, but I don't see anything else

Deleted
    I smell new game dunno will be mythical Titan or something else
    Doubt that they will include next wow expansion its too eraly...
    About D3 also is hard to know game is early stage of expansion but depends how thingscome maybe they will reveal expansion number 3
    So most likely we will see new SC expansion probaly HS expand too and Heroes of the Storm