Thread: Blizzcon 2014

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzcon 2014

With blizzcon coming in early November, do you guys think Warlords will be released before then? my guess is yes.

I would guess that we'll have WoD (but not for very long) and the WoW content at BlizzCon with be a 6.1/6.2 preview.

My guess is no. WoD will release around Thanksgiving a few weeks after Blizzcon. Blizzcon will serve to build excitement for the release.

Yes, probably a Sept-Oct release. BlizzCon will focus on Legacy of the Void, Heroes, and probably something unannounced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been very pessimistic about the release date. Read my posting history. But I think this is good news.

If they don't have WoD out before Blizzcon they are going to have a bunch of very unhappy participants.
    They will have no new WoW info to release and people will be unhappy the are pulling resources away from
    completing WoD. It has to be out before, or they will have a PR nightmare on their hands.

My only argument against this is if they want to promote their other games this time around
    or have something new to announce like WoW 2.0. That would be the only buffer against all
    the negativity from a non existent WoD. But I really doubt this is the case. They can't
    have a happy Blizzcon without WoD already out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yes, probably a Sept-Oct release. BlizzCon will focus on Legacy of the Void
    Bout freaking time!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

World of Warcraft movie

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    World of Warcraft movie
    Yep exactly.

I think Warlords of Draenor will be out before Blizzcon.

In another thread, people mentioned that this could potentially place Blizzcon right in the middle of mythic progression raiding. In my opinion, if they even are concerned by it, they could just release Highmaul with the launch of WoD, and then wait until after Blizzcon to release Blackrock Foundry. Which would only be necessary if WoD releases close enough to Blizzcon that that sort of thing would even be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    August for Pre-Patch, September for WoD Release.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Very interesting...
    Will we see a patch news or expansion?

Good Guy Metzen :

YOUR WARCHIEF ADVISES THE EXPANSION DROPS THE WEEK AFTER BLIZZCON!

(at Blizzcon obviously)

Disclaimer : Total Parody :P

WoD will not release prior, due to one simple reason: world first raid kills

Assuming they do the same as they did with MoP and have the first raid delayed by a week, and the 2nd raid a couple of weeks later (meaning MSV and HoF) World first guilds would still be pushing the raid content, and not going to blizzcon, as they generally do every year.

Some dates:
    MoP release 25th September 2012
    MSV released 2nd October 2012
    HoF last boss heroic killed 11th November 2012

Meaning the earliest 22nd September release would still be too late for these guilds to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    WoD will not release prior, due to one simple reason: world first raid kills

Assuming they do the same as they did with MoP and have the first raid delayed by a week, and the 2nd raid a couple of weeks later (meaning MSV and HoF) World first guilds would still be pushing the raid content, and not going to blizzcon, as they generally do every year.

Some dates:
    MoP release 25th September 2012
    MSV released 2nd October 2012
    HoF last boss heroic killed 11th November 2012

Meaning the earliest 22nd September release would still be too late for these guilds to attend.
    Pro tip for those lacking logic. World first guilds will not attend Blizzcon, if WoD is launched a few weeks prio, assuming all content isn't cleared yet.

Deleted
    hope so, but will it? idk yet.

Deleted
    I think it will be after blizzcon. I just hope we get some good news about legacy of the void

10+ Year Old Account
    It has to be a late august/early sept release. They were insistent that we would not be stuck for a year with no content. The fact is, aside from pre-expack event.. there would be no new content for over a year if they wait til after blizzcon.

My biggest argument against this though is the numbers.. Fact is, not many people have completed H: Garrosh. Fewer fewer than 5000 guilds are more than 9/12 heroic.. and that is combined 10/25 (25man only: 818 are more than 9/12, >400 H: Garrosh kills, 10man slightly better with 3000+ are more than 9/12 with 571 H: Garrosh kills).. it goes against their philosophy of encouraging more participation in that level of play. hell, less than 3000 25man guilds have killed NORMAL garrosh. They are probably holding off from it on purpose... my guess is that end of may we see a first beta build, and a MASSIVE SoO nerf..and I mean massive.

They can't release WoD after Blizzcon right? Patch 5.4.0 was released on September 10, 2013... Blizzcon will be there on November 7 and 8, which means that we would be stuck with SoO for at least 14 months!

Can't imagine they would do that :-l Already bored to hell with SoO

why cant you use one of the existing threads OP?.