Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine has that monitor and it goes to 1920x1080 when its at 60Hz it stays at 1680x1050 when at 120Hz

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the black bars at the same sides/top bottom at 1600x1200 and 1680x1050?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiatan View Post
    A friend of mine has that monitor and it goes to 1920x1080 when its at 60Hz it stays at 1680x1050 when at 120Hz
    That.. doesnt quite make sense.. considering those are not equal ratios. 1920x1080 is 16:9, 1680x1050 is 16:10. One of those, regardless of refresh, must look wonky.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Are the black bars at the same sides/top bottom at 1600x1200 and 1680x1050?
    no, and it's at left-right sides, btw I fixed it had to change 16:10 (max was 1680x1050 or so like u said but I had the black bars) to 16:9 and it allowed me to use 1920x1080 (on dota 2)

- - - Updated - - -

and I think u're right I might using the wrong resolution, but it's the only one that works "ok" so idk with the others i end up having black bars or it's too bi g

- - - Updated - - -

BUmp?

still trying to figure it out if I'm using the wrong resolution and that might be causing problems.

I've always used this resolution and well, as chazus say I'm not supposed to use this one? <.<
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-04-23 at 02:15 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black bars in game? Or all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Black bars in game? Or all the time.
    it's "fixed" now, but my monitor is 22" and I'm supposed to use 1680x1080 as chazus said. but I've black bars with it. with games (dota2) if I dont use 1920x1080 I've black bars aswell..

with 1920x1080 the resolution is a bit big but the monitor has an option to "fix" the resolution and make it abit smaller and it's fine. It doesn't fix the 1680x1080 (the black bars are like 1,5-2 cm at left-right sides) tho.

- - - Updated - - -

I also found another problem I noticed barely noticeable tho, with links or sigs that have written a text with colour and other stuff.. they move well not really "move" but idk how to say it.. palpitate? or something >.<
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-04-23 at 11:07 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    it's "fixed" now, but my monitor is 22" and I'm supposed to use 1680x1080 as chazus said. but I've black bars with it. with games (dota2) if I dont use 1920x1080 I've black bars aswell..

with 1920x1080 the resolution is a bit big but the monitor has an option to "fix" the resolution and make it abit smaller and it's fine. It doesn't fix the 1680x1080 (the black bars are like 1,5-2 cm at left-right sides) tho.

- - - Updated - - -

I also found another problem I noticed barely noticeable tho, with links or sigs that have written a text with colour and other stuff.. they move well not really "move" but idk how to say it.. palpitate? or something >.<
    Set the resolution to 1680x1050. Play the game at that resolution, you should get no black bar. You get the bars cause you're playing full screen with a resolution ratio that doesn't fit the monitor.

It's also being squished because you're using 1920x1080 to 1680x1050. It causes it to look very odd to say the least.

But I have black bars all the time if I put that resolution
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    But I have black bars all the time if I put that resolution
    Check your monitor OSD for ratio settings.

Deleted
    If you keep haveing resolution problems there can be 3 problems, and its most likely one of them.

1. Your monitor's native resolution shouldn't reach 1920x1080
    2. in CCC you have some settings wrong, preferably scaling option ( hence the black borderline )
    3. Your drivers are out of date, although i doubt AMD still gives a damn about your card model.

And lastly. If you DO think your card is getting toasted do this:
    First download a software that can see CPU's/GPU's temperature, and see if the GPU's temps get's too hot.
    (the software will probbaly tell if its too hot)
    And another option is to just take apart the cover of your PC and examine the GPU.If it looks toasted (slightly melted ) then its getting too hot and can't handle your needs.

But honestly if your GPU was dieing, i.e. toasted it would be more than just your problem.

I checked it and its fine. Just dirty already cleaned it.
    The drivers are updated alreafy so that isnt the problrm.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-04-24 at 05:19 PM.
    - Ronald Koeman.