Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    He's sending me text messages saying Do you like how I controlled you?
    Save the text messages as proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol "Do you like how I controlled you" IF TRUE sounds like one of the biggest douchebag things of all time. South Park might have to change there "Biggest douche in the universe" episode.
    You're a towel.

If you want legal advice, talk to a

LAWYER

If I ruled the world it would be legal to shoot people that make disruptive amounts of noise in multi-family dwellings.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I think you already did...
    Yeah, happens at least once a day I think.

At least I've gotten into the habit of googling the text from these kinds of threads before responding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Paddle faster!! I hear banjos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Wolf View Post
    I currently live with my girlfriend, her 10/yr old daughter and our own daughter that is just shy of a month old. The apartment downstairs from us lives my girlfriend's sister and her own two children, ages 8 and 5 months.

Recently, the father of her 5 month old son has been staying there which she allows strictly due because she is struggling financially. I've had to speak with him on numerous occasions due to his slamming of doors and outbursts at insane hours of the night and mornings.

The other day at 4:30am he slammed the outside door so hard our entire apartment shook and startled my daughter. At this point my patience is gone and I decide to go down there and confront him which I wait till he goes out on the back porch for a smoke because I don't want to scare the kids down there. Once I see him through the window I go out the front door and walk around back which he must have heard me coming because he had gone inside which I followed him in. In the kitchen, I get in his face and not yelling but intensely telling him if he ever slams another effing door I'm gonna slam him. There are four kids in the house, one which is his own. He was denying that he did and blamed it on him being pushed into the stove which is horse shit. After harsh words are exchanged I tell him he needs to leave. Right then he cocks back real big to throw a punch at me which was so telegraphed I immediately parried it and grabbed his throat which I squeezed bit hard. Right when I let go he began shouting ASSAULT ASSAULT and pointed out that there will be marks and told me he was calling the police which I told him go ahead. I went upstairs regretting what I did because turns out his neck is all bruised up so by law I did assault him but I only grabbed him by the throat to stun him and prevent him from trying to hit me again.

Well, he didn't end up calling the cops because my girlfriend's sister pretty much told him no, that he brought it on himself and told me she would side with me. Since then he's been fucking taunting me and attempting to provoke another altercation so he can get me arrested. He's sending me text messages saying Do you like how I controlled you? I have complete control now and if you ever touch me again or I'm calling the police and filing a report to DCYF or worse and he'll defend himself. I don't know what to do at this point. I've talked to the my girlfriends sister and she wants him out but is pretty much being supported by now and if he were to leave he would get his son half the time.

The constant taunting and shit is too much and I am debating whether or not I should go to the cops and tell them the truth even about me grabbing him. Which I am guessing will get me arrested because I did technically assault him.

Would it be worth it to bite the dust if I could get him in trouble for the taunting, provoking and slamming of the doors??

I haven't responded to any texts and I ignore him mostly but I'm worried I am going to implode and really give this guy a reason to call the cops.

Thoughts? Advice? Anything is appreciated.

Thanks
    you screwed yourself over by going over to him and threatening him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Wolf View Post
    I only grabbed him by the throat to stun him and prevent him from trying to hit me again.
    ..you tried to use http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108194/asphyxiate?
    The only advice I could offer is that if you want to "stun" or stop someone doing anything, try and do it without putting yourself in a position where it looks like you're trying to kill them?
    Imagine it from their perspective; for whatever reason, they slammed a door, then you march down, make a confrontation, and while he goes to throw one punch, you try and choke him?
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

What a soft, bitch-made little pussy.

Couple points:

-The (criminal) legal process is initiated exclusively by law enforcement. They unfortunately have a lot of discretion as to what to do with a situation as far as initiating that process. The fortunate side of that is that they are accustomed to domestic issues and typically use decent judgment when responding to them. Don't lay a finger on him unless he hits you first and you have witnesses to back that up. If it is self-evident that HE and not YOU is the source of the disturbance, the police will be on your side - but again, it needs to be obvious that he's the aggressor. His type of whiny little penisbutt is good at crying like a bitch when the cops show up in order to win them over, so trying to argue your case to them is an uphill battle from the get-go. Also, don't lie to or try to manipulate the police. They'll see right through that shit.

-As far your GF's sister relying on him financially, this could very well be a life situation that he has engineered like the Shitty G he is. I've seen that happen a lot with people who have a big mouth and a weak jaw. It sounds crazy, but in your shoes I would let the situation resolve itself. By that I mean that taking action to try to get him out of there would only make it worse. If he's half the shitlord he sounds like, your GF's sister will eventually bring herself to a point financially where she can get rid of him. OR he might leave on his own accord because it sounds like he's under a lot of pressure as it is (slamming doors, smoking heavily I presume, yelling, desperately seeking power, etc). OR if you're lucky he might get his stupid ass arrested for something else entirely. If he drinks heavily or uses hard drugs, this process will be sped up exponentially. It can also be sped up by finding out when he sleeps, which room he sleeps in, and playing Dance Dance Revolution in the room above while wearing heavy boots. I guess my point is that shitty people destroy themselves if you give them enough space to do so.

Thanks Gritches, I'll just let it be and let him destroy himself because you are right, he does use drugs. He smokes a lot of weed (which is whatever, its's harmless and I used to burn when I was younger) but he also snorts adderall and I believe coke because he always is revved up and zooted with his pupils like quarters. Pretty sure that's why he didn't call the cops but I'll just let it be and hopefully a good amount of time passes because if it ever does come to the cops coming due to his behavior and he then treys to pin the assault on me, it will look awfully suspicious that he didn't report it when it happened. thanks again

At least he did the right thing by coming here for legal advice.
    I wouldn't ask you. You still haven't provided any legal proof that Bundy has the right to the federally owned land he was using for 20 years for free. I am still waiting for you to refute what I said last in that thread where Bundy's family didn't actually move there til 1948.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just get him to admit that he was assaulting you. You don't have to actually hit someone to assault them. Cocking your fist back and swinging, even if you miss, is assault. Just give him a sly reason to state that he missed you with a punch, and you've got it all in the phone records as self defense.

But next time, let him hit you. None of the "I swear I'll go to the police if you do X again" crap. When someone assaults you, you press charges every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny because you're standing in his kitchen.
    Literally laughed out loud... Good job! Two thumbs up! Will watch again!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi