Thread: Realm hate?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Crushridge EU gained a bad rep because its mostly Italian playerbase could be quite exasperating to group with. I still have nightmares. I dreaded grouping with people from Outland/Stormscale/Kazzak as they were the biggest ninjas and generally displayed the worst attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Myx View Post
    Anyone here remember the war against Hakkar EU ? ahh those were the days, now all we have is Stormscale vs Outlands vs Sylvanas ;(
    Not sure what you're referring to, but me and my guild have found Sylvanas a very good realm to be on since we transferred here last year.

Where did we come from you ask? Oh let me tell you! Aerie Peak EU, backwater and mother shit-stain of all EU servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aegwynn - EU

Not sure why, but usually when I group with someone from Kazzak EU they're either being pretentious assholes or perform really badly. Of course I know that not everybody on the realm is like that, but man do I still have a bad experience grouping with that server most of the time.

I'll put it this way, if I have to choose between someone from kazzak/stormscale/twisting nether (horde EU), I will prioritize every other server first.

Even Aggra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Speaking as a Tarren Mill EU player, I've noticed that time and time again people from Chamber of Aspects are terrible, which is pretty bizarre. It's a realm I used to play on and I remember it being not that bad in WoTLK, I had a lot of fun there. But I think sometime since Cataclysm's release it's been made into a new player server, which as far as I can tell has had a pretty detrimental effect on the quality of players that come from there which I suppose is to be expected. Still a bit of a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'll put it this way, if I have to choose between someone from kazzak/stormscale/twisting nether (horde EU), I will prioritize every other server first.

Even Aggra.
    Also I'm pretty surprised a lot of people are mentioning Aggra as a bad realm. A lot of my experience with Aggra players in LFR has actually been pretty nice. Maybe I've just been lucky but a lot of the people I end up grouping with from there tend to be extremely well geared and/or very good communicators, which I admit I didn't really expect considering it's a Portuguese realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Not sure why, but usually when I group with someone from Kazzak EU they're either being pretentious assholes or perform really badly. Of course I know that not everybody on the realm is like that, but man do I still have a bad experience grouping with that server most of the time.
    Indeed, Kazzak has earned quite a shabby reputation. I haven't had nearly as many bad experiences with people from other realms as I've had with Kazzak people.

Most realms have some self induced hate, others have a bad rep because of bad players / shit talkers. (Old, but every Brazil realm is automatically a target and usually for good reason, Quel'thalas /cough)
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every realm apart form my own :3

Deleted
    Kazzak and Sylvanas (EU) - be it LFR, Flex, 5mans or BG's they always seem to be ignorant and obnoxious, not to mention complete elitists. If there's ever a negative comment in any of the aforementioned, you can virtually guarantee it's from one of those realms.

I think there is obviously truth to the fact some realms are "lesser" then others. Of course this will matter less with the connected realms.
    I personally still "look down" on Hellfire and Ghostlands (EU), the first was my old realm and the #1 progressed realm in the vindication battlegroup back in the TBC days. But boy did it go downhill after, it became an asylum for the worst of the worst.
    Basicly everyone in a dungeon or lfr group would go "Oh no Hellfire (or Ghostlands), this is not gonna go smooth." if there were too many people of said realms. Hell, even I hated getting grouped with people of my own realm because I knew what was about to come.
    I hated being always associated with Hellfire, that and the fact there were 0 raiding guilds making actual progression left made me leave.
    Last edited by Varjo410; 2014-04-23 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everyone knows Crushridge by now. I wonder if it's any better these days.

Alliance on Frostmane EU got so many rude people. Like 33% of all rude people I've met in dungeons/raids/bgs in the past few years has been from Frostmane EU. Often they will insult the other group members for no reason. Sometimes click follow on another group member so they can type insults without having to walk it seems. And when my group try to kick we get: "That player can't be kicked for another 4 hours" because they have been kicked so many times.

Alonsus also used to have loads of really rude people but that seems to have changed...

The realms with the friendliest players in my experience are: Pozzo dell'Eternità, Saurfang, Darkmoon Faire and maybe Wildhammer

Deleted
    I've played on both factions on several realms and they're all pretty much the same.

The only exception might be moonguard, every time I ran into someone from that realm the only thing I could think of was reporting because they crossed the line so far it probably looked like a dot to them.

Deleted
    Well, in Spanish servers each one had some kind of reputation:

Sanguino - PvP Gladiators and elitist douchebags, Horde server.
    Shen'dralar/Los Errantes - Noobs, don't touch with stick, noobishness is contagious.
    Tyrande - Eh, cool guys, nice PvE, Alliance server.
    C'Thun - Pretentious bastards, Horde server.
    Dun Modr - Eh, nice people I guess, Alliance server.

Meh, there was a lot of hate for Shen'dralar/Errantes players 'cause they were the recommended servers and newbies went there so everyone avoided them like the plague.

I'm in Tarren Mill (EU) right now and I can't say if we've got a bad rep. The only bad experiences I've had were with people from Kazzak.
    Last edited by mmocec7950f9b8; 2014-04-23 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Yeah, I get that. Just seems a tad bit too much sometimes. However it happens all the time.

Player one: omg lol i just phased out 2 goldshire.
    Player two: Yeah ahaha f moonguard they r filled with immature kids wanting futa space goats.
    Player one: we shouldn't have 2 be merged with them fck crz.
    Player three: -Logical response that explains MG isn't like that. It's just the trolls-
    SUDDEN SURPLUS OF ANTI-MG: AJKRABWRJKAWRJBKJBKFDSBFJBKSJBKDGJKJAKWAWRGAWRGAWGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111one
    SUDDEN ARGUMENTS FROM THE PRO-MG PLAYERS: AFNGSdfklgfgnkdfgklnklgdgnklna, afjdsksfnksdjfjksdfdsfjkdsjk490sdinfaklsfnv.
    Other people: -feeds fire with anal spam or other nonsense-
    About one percent of the player base including myself: Willing to use trade channel for trading, pst.
    By trading you mean finding groups yeah?

Nobody actually TRADES in Trade right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    By trading you mean finding groups yeah?

Nobody actually TRADES in Trade right?
    Presenting yourself as a muscle for "hire" is a form of trading?

Deleted
    If I remember correctly Crushridge - EU was lovingly called pastaridge for its large number of stupid and rude italian players. This was back in wotlk, and it was horde - dragonmaw that gave them such a kind name...

Magtheridon EU was the server when we saw people come from there in a group during WOTLK we would be like "oh here we go". It all stems from TBC when we (Hellscream EU) were in the same PVP battlegroup as them, full of noobs and douchebags. I don't know if it was because it was Nihilum/Ensidia's server or what, but back then a lot of Hellscream players didn't think highly of those from Magtheridon.

Reality is that there are noobs and douchebags wherever you go, but there seemed to be a concentration of them on Magtheridon, hah.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on Mal'ganis and the hatred for our server runs deeper than any server out there and it goes back years...Goon Squad started it basically and alot of people had hatred for Elitist Jerks who are also on Mal'ganis. I understand the hatred for Goon Squad but many have no idea the good Elitist Jerks has provided for WoW all together. Next time you open your DBM options look at the bottom and see who's name is on it,yea you can thank them whenever you want.

But I digress...The hatred for Mal'ganis is like no other and I like it that way.
    Here come the Irish.