Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ashran, not what they promised

•Ashran will be somewhat like a Timeless Isle for PvP. Players can go there, explore the island, kill some players and creatures, and earn some things that will benefit them in PvP.
    •Ashran will have a Horde and Alliance fortress on opposite ends of the island, with staging areas behind each base. This area will have vendors, let you duel, and be a place for PvP players to hang out. Each faction's base is fully manned with NPCs that are fighting a battle. The main battle takes place in the center, slowly pushing towards the other faction's fortress. There are objectives on the outer edges of the island. It shouldn't feel too much like a battleground, more like unstructured PvP with some points of interest. Ashran won't be ready for the initial builds.
    WTF! They promised a huge sandbox pvp battelground that can go on for days like the old AV, but instead its going to be just a zone with some pvp quests and objectives. Nobody is going for coordinated pvp and objectives, its going to be a group ganking single players, and afk people standing at their own base, like another timeless isle. Unless this isnt a real bg where you have to queue up like the others, this isnt going to work out.

Might shock you to know old AV had quests and objectives too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah this is exactly what they promised.
    Old AV was a big PvP Sandbox where you'd fight the Horde but also wander around performing objectives like fighting PvE mobs and collecting items for fetch quests.

You're also right that it isn't a queued battleground. They've said from the start that it's a zone you just walk into, not a queued experience. It's open 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually that's pretty much what old AV was.

I was also a little disappointed when I read that, also they admitted they were revisiting the design of Ashran a lot during development. It is starting to sound like another zone that just isnt going to work out.

Deleted
    Ugh, I hated how Timeless Isle worked out to be T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's not often I see a topic where the first reply knocks it right out of the park but you nailed it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    Unless this isnt a real bg where you have to queue up like the others, this isnt going to work out.
    Did you even watch the interview? They said exactly that.

also this.

There's nothing we know yet that indicates it will be anything other than what they promised, an AV-like that's open 24/7. If there are problems, make sure you yell at blizzard when the beta is open, not at fansites with "problems" they just make it look like you're misinformed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds a lot like the Alterac Valley I used to play...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    WTF! They promised a huge sandbox pvp battelground that can go on for days like the old AV, but instead its going to be just a zone with some pvp quests and objectives. Nobody is going for coordinated pvp and objectives, its going to be a group ganking single players, and afk people standing at their own base, like another timeless isle. Unless this isnt a real bg where you have to queue up like the others, this isnt going to work out.
    Having quest content, and possibly rares / world bosses there is a great way to lure people to the zone, even those with no interest in doing world PvP.

Deleted
    yeah smart%@ss I know, you missed my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    It's not often I see a topic where the first reply knocks it right out of the park but you nailed it.
    no he didnt nailed, he was just being a smart#@ss I know there where quests and stuff, that wasnt my point.

Again- you sure can tell the beginners and intermediate players to any game by the posts they post.

You never actually played old AV did you, angry person who likes being angry for no good reason at all?

I'm still waiting to see if I going to be as good as it sounds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yeah this is exactly what they promised.
    Old AV was a big PvP Sandbox where you'd fight the Horde but also wander around performing objectives like fighting PvE mobs and collecting items for fetch quests.

You're also right that it isn't a queued battleground. They've said from the start that it's a zone you just walk into, not a queued experience. It's open 24/7.
    You dont have to explain what old av whas, I know. Its not going to work if its just an open zone.

Deleted
    So because no one has to queue up, it doesn't make it proper pvp?

You open saying 'it's not what they told us it would be', but it is.

Ganking happens in any pvp zone / BG I find, and I never see any afkers anymore either. And who even coordinates anymore? People get to know how new areas work then you go for it.

Really, I'm not sure what the problem here is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Sounds a lot like the Alterac Valley I used to play...
    exactly this, i am so hyped for ashran.

i am sure some of you guys remember how shredder and ivus / lok'holar material gatherings were actually fun.

to the newer players: do NOT complain, you will like it.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebuthecow View Post
    Again- you sure can tell the beginners and intermediate players to any game by the posts they post.

You never actually played old AV did you, angry person who likes being angry for no good reason at all?

This will not work only if the Players fail it, not the devs. Tarren Mill vs South Shore has no objectives at all other than "omg someone ganked me, lets shit on their town!". Devs can only do so much for Open world PvP, they can only put in so much reward before it outclass the raids/arenas/bgs, they have to spread objectives out otherwise some potato computers running on cotton internet connections can't handle it. From a design perspective, yes they have a limit to what they can do.

Remember the zone has cross-realm tech implemented to make sure the place is fully populated and balanced by players, all the tools to make the place exciting is there but the key - the players, is what is needed to make it awesome. So if you are worried or excited about Ashran, when the time comes please spread the word and join the fight. That's all.

You obviously never played old AV. /facepalm
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

So far Ashran looks like they are achieving what they stated but its still good to not get to invested things can change a lot in Alpha/Beta.