Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    So essentially it is a sandbox without the sand and pretty much the same experience as old content. Glad to see Blizzard are really pushing the boat out for PvP this expansion.

PS. It won't be like the original AV, as that had objectives and a win condition. It seems more like Tol Barad without the battle part. /cry
    What you didn't see the map they showed in yesterdays vid?
    You have mines and such to capture like any other bg,not to mention a no limit to players on the isle (they will even cross realm it if your realm population is low).How can you have no battle?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the OPs point is if you cant win the battle, whats the point. You would win eventually in AV. IM still very excited for Ashran though. Maybe a battle can last 24-72 hours and then a winner will be declared. A new battle will start a few hours after. Would be the best compromise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    What you didn't see the map they showed in yesterdays vid?
    You have mines and such to capture like any other bg,not to mention a no limit to players on the isle (they will even cross realm it if your realm population is low).How can you have no battle?
    And what does capturing the mines get you? Pretty sure there will be some limit to number of players just like every other PvP zone. Guess I kind of hoped for Wintergrasp on crack, you know like all out warfare. This is going to be some watered down BG with dailies so nothing new.

Its exactly what they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think the OPs point is if you cant win the battle, whats the point. You would win eventually in AV. IM still very excited for Ashran though. Maybe a battle can last 24-72 hours and then a winner will be declared. A new battle will start a few hours after. Would be the best compromise.
    You will not be forced to be in that zone when you lose/win.I thought they said you receive something for participating in the event anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the zone is bigger than we think. It needs to be bigger than tb or wg so it can hold maybe 160 players? 2 groups of 40 per side would be a good goal to shoot for.

- - - Updated - - -

You will not be forced to be in that zone when you lose/win.I thought they said you receive something for participating in the event anyway?
    The point is, you never actually lose or win. You can win battles, but you never win the war. Bg players like to win. Im still excited for it nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    And what does capturing the mines get you? Pretty sure there will be some limit to number of players just like every other PvP zone. Guess I kind of hoped for Wintergrasp on crack, you know like all out warfare. This is going to be some watered down BG with dailies so nothing new.
    From capturing mines you receive minerals and such is my best guess.In AV you can kill opposing faction/mobs and collect stuff to bring in your base at quest givers to reinforce your allies.Tehy also said yesterday something very important happens in the middle of the isle (i guess it involves the 2 objectives in the middle,perhaps a summon boss like in AV?).
    And no they said there wont be a limit.

no, it looks like its exactly what they promised.

stop, breathe, re-read the article, and see why your wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Hopefully the zone is bigger than we think. It needs to be bigger than tb or wg so it can hold maybe 160 players? 2 groups of 40 per side would be a good goal to shoot for.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is, you never actually lose or win. You can win battles, but you never win the war. Bg players like to win. Im still excited for it nonetheless.
    The map has alliance/horde keeps at opposing sides of the map.Perhaps when one faction pushes the other enough it invades their keep in which you find the enemy leader?Of course you can win/lose just like AV.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway just think of Ashran like the Timeless Isle we have now.You have rare mobs and quests.You also have 2 opposing factions on the isle with mines and such to control.You can also leave Ashran whenever you want and rejoin it aswell (just like you leave Timeless Isle).A continuous battle to push the enemy bases and eventually to capture and defeat the enemy keep.

Well i am pretty excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Just In - OP Blown The Fuck Out, Continues to Whine Like He Just Installed the Game

Ashran looks promising. Not big on PvP myself but definitely going to try this out. Hope they balance the rewards though as not to force PvE'ers to do it in terms of gear progression.

Nothing in this expansion seems to be going as billed at Blizzcon. Garrisons have a lot of restrictions and are mandatory in the leveling experience. New character models destroyed the spirit of the old ones. My poor Tauren will never be my main again thanks to this. And now Ashran looks like a shell of what was initially promised. All of this and they still can't get the expansion out before we tackle yet another year of and end expansion raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrwler View Post
    Ashran looks promising. Not big on PvP myself but definitely going to try this out. Hope they balance the rewards though as not to force PvE'ers to do it in terms of gear progression.
    Since its a pvp zone i think it involves only pvp items.(perhaps the rare mobs drop honor cp/pvp items and stuff for your faction kinda like the rare mobs in Krasarang).
    The only thing a PvE player would want to go is either for gearing for PvP,achievements or fun.
    But this is just my opinion and don't take it as fact.They might have other plans.

This is absolutely silly. If there was literally nothing to do on the isle but endlessly throw yourself into a meatgrinder against the opposite faction people would QQ that Ashran is boring.

They add a world boss and things to actually do on the map; people QQ that Ashran is watered down and not PVP enough.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Ashran seems literally exactly how they've always described it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The map has alliance/horde keeps at opposing sides of the map.Perhaps when one faction pushes the other enough it invades their keep in which you find the enemy leader?Of course you can win/lose just like AV.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway just think of Ashran like the Timeless Isle we have now.You have rare mobs and quests.You also have 2 opposing factions on the isle with mines and such to control.You can also leave Ashran whenever you want and rejoin it aswell (just like you leave Timeless Isle).A continuous battle to push the enemy bases and eventually to capture and defeat the enemy keep.

Well i am pretty excited.
    No you cant. The zone is always open an ongoing.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2014-04-23 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    i only hope they don't cross realm our server ... 1 of the few 50/50 pvp servers with wpvp
    And what i (and the rest of the pvp guilds of our server) love is that you know each other a little. the cross faction anger

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just wondering what will happen to this zone on unbalanced servers (such as Silvermoon EU, Alliance heavy). Will Alliance just roflstomp though it and win every time without much effort? If so, that sounds rather boring.
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I'm just wondering what will happen to this zone on unbalanced servers (such as Silvermoon EU, Alliance heavy). Will Alliance just roflstomp though it and win every time without much effort? If so, that sounds rather boring.
    Gonna be CRZed and the factions roughly balanced.

And thank god for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    cross realm to balance was mentioned somewhere would be rather silly otherwise kazzak is 99% horde ive never even seen a single alliance member try to get near the celestials