Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    This is the only thing I like about this expansion.

You go there to pvp and have fun... What's not to like? It reminds me of the back and forth PvP battles at southshore and tarren mill. You didn't need any win conditions back then. You want to know why AV sometimes lasted days? Because fighting against other players was better, and more rewarding, than winning a match.
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-04-23 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

It depends on how they execute it. If it is shared loot, both Alliance and Horde like Timeless Isles, I wouldn't be surprised to see the majority of Alliance and Horde cooperating with each other like they already do. If they make it a short respawn timer for these respective loot pinatas, I imagine the same as well. Incentives will always make it more active. From the descriptions that I have heard, I am pessimistic about it as well.

Deleted
    I really hope there will be no shit like timeless isle buff stacking to infinity.

Think of Guild Wars 2 or old Dark Age of Camelot. It's dynamic, open PvP area. You can control areas to gain buffs, but you don't "win."

I'm pretty sure not all the info is released on Ashran yet.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    It's exactly what they promised, but they won't deliver what they're promising, if you catch my drift... It'll be a dead zone within a couple of months, even with CRZ.
    Often Blizzard stacks the deck on new content that they want to succeed, by putting excessive rewards there. For example, Wintergrasp in Wrath was a huge honor source, and had its own nice PvP rewards in the first couple of tiers. I expect they will do something similar in Ashran.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Gonna be CRZed and the factions roughly balanced.

And thank god for that.
    good, now do this for WG aswell so i can finish my damn achievements which is impossible now since cannons hits like a wetnoodle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

it sounds like another tol barad. might be fun if theres good rewards loot/mounts, then again it might not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like everything they promised,AV mixed with some elements of world vs world from guilds wars 2...which is good.

Misconception. Blizzard does not promise. They share their thoughts and plans with us, which we should appreciate. I personally would not share as much as they do, since as we see misconceptions about it arise quickly, but oh well. However plans change as the actual work on the content progresses, things have to be altered, adjusted, simplified. You might not get what you understood you would get, but in the end you get something that works and can be played. End of story.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually read this entire thread just because the OP is hilarious, and I wanted to see their comments.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Misconception. Blizzard does not promise. They share their thoughts and plans with us, which we should appreciate. I personally would not share as much as they do, since as we see misconceptions about it arise quickly, but oh well. However plans change as the actual work on the content progresses, things have to be altered, adjusted, simplified. You might not get what you understood you would get, but in the end you get something that works and can be played. End of story.
    Not true, GC promised me a pony. But beyond that, yes, blizzard's words are not law or fact or promises, and should be taken at face value as "Hopes and dreams" and not "Absolutes" until it hits live servers.

Blizzard state intentions or plans very early on.
    Such statements prove way too early and plans change.
    Players whine about non-existent promises being broken.

Nothing to see here folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I wonder how they will handle gear?

I mean the zone sounds like a dream come true and a place I will spend 90% of my time, but there has to be some reward. Hopefully there will be ways to earn conquest points to get my PvP gear. Has anything been said about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Might shock you to know old AV had quests and objectives too.
    Bingo. I'm (as always ) skeptical about how good their implementation will be, but it does sounds pretty much exactly like a description of classic AV, where I'd go do a couple (ok, a ton) of turn-ins to bolster our forces, then join with some others to push the other side back a little, maybe take a tower or a graveyard.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Sounds a lot like the Alterac Valley I used to play...
    Fondest memories of old AV: Setting the Doomguard ritual up while we waited for the gates to open then take bets on who'd be dying.

:')

Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    I know what old AV is, so you dont have to give a dumb comment. You obviously didnt read the whole post othewise you would have seen my point /facepalm

If its an open zone where everyone can just walk in and out, you never get an "old AV"
    That was pretty much old AV. You could walk in during the morning and leave before noon then come back in the late evening and... it was was the same battle. The only difference is that it isn't queued which means, when compared to Vanilla AV, the player influx is NOT throttled artificially by a player cap. To compensate for no player throttling and to keep the sides even there will be CRZ implemented, even on High/full/locked servers such as Outland-Alliance or Tich-US so that both factions can actually fight.

Yeah, how exactly is this not Vanilla AV again?