Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    They need to invite more people.

Quote Originally Posted by ninerapture View Post
    They need to invite more people.
    Apparently they did today, like most of my raid group got one today.

They are inviting all the time, I feel like this game will forsure hold its own Vs. Dota and LoL. I dont even think its trying to "overthrow" those games but it will be a very good game at launch, Pretty much everything blizzard dedicates its self to is successful so i think having any doubt in the game would be sort of silly at this point.

judging it's potential success by comparing the attendance video's of a game severely in alpha where, forgot the hero balance, the core infrastructure of the game is still being developed and changed and edited, to veteran fully released games is ludicrious.

Stop screaming at the blacksmith about how all those dusty colored rocks are a terrible sword while pointing out that awesome knight's Zweihandler. Literally comparing ore to a sword takes us nowhere.

As to it's success. If the WoW population alone embraces it, it will do well enough. I know i'll be getting me and my guildies to participate. Hell I know people who play hearthstone but never touched any other blizz product. Maybe it will even rake in some subs for WoW (not holding out on it doing this without some smart marketing on blizz's part).

it is unlikely to reach the level of the Major Moba's. But I don't think it's intended to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    judging it's potential success by comparing the attendance video's of a game severely in alpha where, forgot the hero balance, the core infrastructure of the game is still being developed and changed and edited, to veteran fully released games is ludicrious.

Stop screaming at the blacksmith about how all those dusty colored rocks are a terrible sword while pointing out that awesome knight's Zweihandler. Literally comparing ore to a sword takes us nowhere.

As to it's success. If the WoW population alone embraces it, it will do well enough. I know i'll be getting me and my guildies to participate. Hell I know people who play hearthstone but never touched any other blizz product. Maybe it will even rake in some subs for WoW (not holding out on it doing this without some smart marketing on blizz's part).

it is unlikely to reach the level of the Major Moba's. But I don't think it's intended to.
    ^this exactly. imo the fact that a game in alpha is already pretty fun to play makes me optimistic for what they decide to do with it. sure its got a ton of work to do but like i said. its in alpha. also if blizzard wanted to make an exact clone of LoL or dota they would have. then didnt so they made this. not EVERY game of a certain genre has to play EXACTLY the same.

this game is made to be much more pick up and play. that alone i think will make it do well. im not expecting it to be the next MOBA by any means but im pretty sure once its actually out and the ball gets rolling it will be here to stay. i know i love it and ive never played a MOBA for more than 5 minutes before this. i played awesomenauts for a bit but thats a totally different thing since its a side scroller.

Deleted
    I really dislike this game, it feels slow and unresponsive, it really shows that he game is built upon the sc12 engine, which is the same, now if you imagine they built heroes of the storm on the d3 engine, and the same amount of control over your character as in that game hen i think people would like it more, plus now it looks wrong... wrong is he only term i can describe what i think when i see the shitty bad game that is heroes of the storm (btw hots = heart of the swarm)

To be honest, I doubt it but worth a try.

Its pretty funny that everyone in the beta says "Yes it will be" every everyone not in the beta says "not it wont be" like blizzard has ever produced a game that isnt successful, then there is the rare person in the beta who only solo ques and hates the game. im sure pippen is trolling but i feel like the game is responsive for alpha. And you know the game is called Starcraft 2 and the expac is called heart of the swarm? next year when they put out a new expac that will change...

I'm in the alpha. I don't really like it, it feels like a dumbed down version of LoL. I'd call it a "kiddie" game tbh.

Will it be successful? Definitely.