Deleted

Detailed WoW subscription statistics

I know Blizzard publish subscription numbers with their quarterly reports, but does anyone know if there's a way to find more detailed information than just the raw numbers? I had a bit of a look around but there was nothing obvious.

I'm particularly interested in information like the average length of time a player subscribes for and how old the average player cancelling their sub is (and how these figures have changed over time). I'm aware that Blizzard might view this as a matter for industrial secrecy and/or a violation of player privacy, but I find the graph of raw subscriber numbers over time frustratingly uninformative. Is this kind of information out there at all? (And apologies if asking constitutes too much prying).

Thanks.

No, only Blizzard knows those numbers and they don't publish them. All fansite numbers derive from the quarterly reports they give to investors.

I think some fansites attempt to estimate numbers using things like unique players online at particular times but those are always incomplete and possibly biased information, and wouldn't be down to the level of individual player/account.

Basically unless you have a friend in Blizzard's analytics department...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.