Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rolling a toon on a PvP server called "Killergirl"? Is it my fault for camping you?

"Killergirl", goblin warlock.

Is it my fault for camping this guy?
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Camping is being an ass period.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Yes it is, it's your choice to gank someone, not someone else's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    "Killergirl", goblin warlock.

Is it my fault for camping this guy?
    You camp he/she for the name? What so horrible about that name?

And I think camping someone is douchy no matter what reason you can pull out, but just my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc2affe961ff; 2014-04-26 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only camp people if they annoy me. If you're camping someone for no reason, that's called being a dick, but they too are an idiot for not doing something else instead of getting killed over and over.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    I remember in a different MMO (UO) years ago, Player Killers would be different from all other toons in that their names were displayed in deep scarlet red.

Back then, there were dedicated PK's who played "criminals" online and went with Gangsta culture names such as "pH rED DA kiLla".

They also used names with "Killer" in them.

I guess when you come to a PVP server with a name like that you are asking for it.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Meh, if it makes you feel good about yourself then you might need to question why you feel the need to waste someone's time.

No, really. You take joy in trying to make someone angry. Why?

Camping people for no reason is so 7 years ago, grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    Meh, if it makes you feel good about yourself then you might need to question why you feel the need to waste someone's time.

No, really. You take joy in trying to make someone angry. Why?
    I hate gangsta types. Always have, always will. I also hate misanthropes, and Nazis. If you cross my path with a sadistic, misanthropic name, I am gonna make you spill your guts.

Deleted
    I remember in a different MMO (UO) years ago, Player Killers would be different from all other toons in that their names were displayed in deep scarlet red.

Back then, there were dedicated PK's who played "criminals" online and went with Gangsta culture names such as "pH rED DA kiLla".

I guess when you come to a PVP server with a name like that you are asking for it.
    That sounds incredible far fetched, but whatever float your boat.

And I'm more surprised that you even play WoW considering your sig lol.

I hate gangsta types. Always have, always will. I also hate misanthropes, and Nazis. If you cross my path with a sadistic, misanthropic name, I am gonna make you spill your guts.
    Stingy one, aren't you?

The name irritates me too. But i wouldn't camp someone over it. But ganking and camping low level players because you don't like their tastes, that's pretty fascist. Nazi's were a fascist party, using their power and influence to push their way of thinking. Maybe you should start camping your own toon too

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post

Stingy one, aren't you?
    It's called "Law".

Not every criminal is a bad guy. Many are into crime just to make a living and they are otherwise decent people.

Now a sadist/misanthrope is a completely different ball game, and you can tell them through the nicks they use in the underworld. These often include names such as "killa", "da killa" etc. These guys really suffer, both inside the joint as well as every time the Law gets a hold of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    I think it's a combination of me being slap-happy and concurrently watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but I thought that came out so wrong and it was so funny.
    Look! Words!

Camping somone because of their name is just like saying that you raped somone because of their clothes. Its called victim blaming and its horrible. He should be able to call himself whatever without beeing targeted due to his name (unless its somthing that is really offensive or personal to you)

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This guy legit thinks he's making the world a better place because he assumes the player is basically a terrorist instead of a normal gamer that wanted a generic character name. Take a step back and relax, man. It's just a game.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

What did she force you to camp her? What do you mean by "Is it my fault?" Was she picking on some helpless level 13 boar?

Seems a little petty. If you want to kill for the sake of Azeroth, go "camp" the bloody coin farmers.

I think that you should do what your heart demands of you.
    I would camp them.
    The nay-sayers that hate camping are the people that tend to get camped.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some things need killing to make the world a better place. Perhaps the girl kills only evil servants of Garrosh who have massacred countless innocents and even more other players, yet you side with Garrosh because you think Garrosh and his minions deserve to live instead. Names can't be long and won't tell the whole story.

I would agree though if one chose to gank a player Named Legolazzxxx

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I think you meant Lineage 2 , when you killed someone who didnt fight back your name gone from white to deep red and even city guards were after you if you get close to one , now if it was pvp from both sides you got from white to purple and after a few minutes back to white , but to remove the red color and go back to normal white name you had to DIE , also death in L2 meant possible item drops (unless you had blessed scrolls on you) which means you were red and a couple people killed you ,you could easily lose your weapon or armor (L2 had no "BoP" everything was tradeable)and L2 wasnt wow were you could just buy another weapon with cp or honor or even kill a boss in raid , good weapons meant months of farming and who the hell knows how many failed attepts of enchanting it (fail enchant meant the item gets destroyed ) but anyway this is a wow forum ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    So if someone didn't like your name would it make it okay for them to camp you? Why are you the name police and want to harass people anyway? Don't like the name? Report it...although I don't think it's offensive. What if this is some 7-8 year old kid playing on their parents account (thus the...to them..."cool" name) with the parent right there watching. How do you explain that someone wants to give you a hard time because of a name. You have no idea who is on the other side of that computer. Grow up and quit trying to be a god.