Poll: Are you subb'd to at least one twitch channel?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I can understand people watching LoL or other MOBAs on Twitch, but not WoW. You're not going to learn anything on a WoW stream that you won't learn easier and more complete on a forum.

Also, I don't mind watching other people play games in-person, but I'm not interested in watching someone I don't know play a game on a stream.
    You will when you watch PvP and how the top players react to situations and what abilities and such they use. Helps when they explain and answer questions (which they normally do), also.

I watch a good amount. I really really hate all the fucking stupid meme shit in chat like it's so retarded I don't know why anyone thinks spamming 300 dogfaces in a chat going so fast you can't even read it is fun but whatever.
    Hi Sephurik

I watch ConvertToRaid when it's their live podcast. My boyfriend watches a lot of streams to pick up tips and such. We both watch LoL championships.

I stream myself, because why not? So long as there is an audience. And there always is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The same appeal as watching other people play sports? Dance? Sing? Do anything outside of the context of instruction, really? Because they're better at it than you.
    I suppose you take your video games seriously then if you think Twitch streamers are on the same level as pro athletes, dancers, and musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Bznga View Post
    I find it stupid.Why should i watch someone else playing a game when i can play it myself?
    Perhaps you just want to watch someone who is much better than you? Maybe pick up some new tricks. Perhaps you want to have something playing on your 2nd monitor while you get some tedious work done. A million different reasons, I suppose. The same reason you might watch others play sports on TV? Why watch a random show like Friends or HIMYM, instead of just going out to have fun with your own friends instead?

It's just a form of entertainment. A cheap one at that.

The same appeal as watching other people play sports? Dance? Sing? Do anything outside of the context of instruction, really? Because they're better at it than you.
    The difference is one group is actually talented and the other is solely constituted of hermits.

Deleted
    I don't really watch the individual streamers much. I prefer the higher production content like starcraft 2 tournaments. I've recently been watching the ESGN hearthstone shows with Artosis and Kripp and a few others. And when I say watching I mean listening. I use it more as a radio station when I'm not in the mood to listen to music.

10+ Year Old Account
    I follow Street Fighter streamings like TeamSp00ky, IPlayWinner, CapcomFighters, etc.

For what it is, it's pretty cool. The chat is 99% of the time full-blown AIDS. Memes/copypasta and it's basically a live version of youtube comments. Just think of it as the turds who sit in cities and spam useless stuff on WoW in-game, same people. Also haven't seen any noteworthy WoW streamers ever. The raid streams are boring and the pvp streams are just yelling and usually above average people who think they are the best.
    Stay salty my friends.

I used to like watching streams from time to time, mostly of game betas that I wasn't selected to be in. Now all I see are streams of girls playing WoW in a low cut top begging for donations, and hundreds of desperate guys giving them more and more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am subbed to Snutz and venruki's stream. Snutz because he seems super nice and talks to his stream people, and venruki because he is cute as hell. Also good at pvp!
    You're a towel.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    twitch = LoL 2.0 Community cancer cancer cancer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Boobs..

Thats why !
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

OK, go win any of the multitude of big LoL tournaments.
    I'm not denying that it takes skill to play LoL or indeed PvP in WoW but some talents are worth sharing other talents less so. For example, I can fully circumduct my arm around the socket yet I wouldn't boast about it or setup a cam for people to watch me do it.

Deleted
    I like watching streams. However it does annoy the living hell out of me when people are spamming trade with their twitch links. And when people give away gold for viewers.. that I find annoying as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really watch people game so no twitch for me. Their communities seem like a cesspool from what I have seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have no interest in watching someone else play a game I think most people go to them just to argue or troll each other in the chat. I have never subbed to a twitch channel an doubt I ever do.

Deleted
    I used to watch WoW streams on Xfire, I probably had a lot more fun watching back then than I do on twitch. There were a few rank 1 players that used to stream on Xfire as well, Ziqo, Bilian, Tankz, hell even Sodapoppin streamed on Xfire and had lots of viewers even without the $$$ incentive.

Maybe because on Xfire money wasn't the objective and people streamed for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bznga View Post
    I find it stupid.Why should i watch someone else playing a game when i can play it myself?
    This argument is kind of strange.

Professional sports have been a "thing" going back literally thousands of years. It's one of the few near-universal human endeavours, once civilizations become big enough. There isn't really that significant a difference between watching some people playing League of Legends, or watching an NFL football game. Both ways, you're watching someone else play a game you could play yourself, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This argument is kind of strange.

Professional sports have been a "thing" going back literally thousands of years. It's one of the few near-universal human endeavours, once civilizations become big enough. There isn't really that significant a difference between watching some people playing League of Legends, or watching an NFL football game. Both ways, you're watching someone else play a game you could play yourself, instead.
    The real difference which you've conveniently left out here is that one you can't really play alone in the sense that you need team mates and an opposing team not sure about American football but I assume somewhere around 22 people is needed right? Sure you can join clubs or societies in you local city but that's hardly comparable to playing LoL in the comfort of your own home where you're just one click away from a "tournament".

Edit: I just wanted to mention that I don't watch sport either, I've never seen the appeal but I can appreciate how watching a live sport like NFL is much, much better than watching kids play a game.
    Last edited by Shinra1; 2014-04-23 at 04:44 PM.