Poll: Are you subb'd to at least one twitch channel?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Twitch is the cancer killing gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I watch on Twitch is the Co-Optional Podcast, and maybe e-sports stuff! Never really watch it for much else.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Lirik is quite entertaining to watch. My husband & I watch him regularly. There are some chats that are "aids" & "cancer" but not all of them. Soda used to make me so annoyed esp a couple yrs back, but he has changed/matured a bit over the past yr or so. Still, I don't watch Soda on any reg basis.

Used to watch Towelliee. He was a lot more fun & laid back 2+ yrs ago, we followed & rooted him on as he lost all the weight, but he isn't as enjoyable to watch anymore. He seems like the e-fame & money got to him & inflated his ego quite a lot. After the sub/donation giveaway fiasco he turned to an even shittier, stuck-up attitude. *shrug
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    This comic perfectly sums up how I feel about Twitch.

hahaha so true, god I miss the N64/Gamecube days.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the PewDiePie effect for some people. Twitch has really tapped into this chunk of younger viewers who look at streamers as sort of surrogate friends, who'll hang out in the background every day and play video games while they try to conquer hell and high water to get noticed by senpai. Look at someone like sodapoppin's chat and tell me you don't see it.

So many ignorant hipsters in this thread.

Deleted
    Twitch is fine if the streamer treats it as a hobby and nothing more, those that ask for donations are just pathetic though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy Twitch but it depends on the streamer. Some streamers are serious douchebags and I'm honestly baffled on how they get so many viewers.

Deleted
    I watch some people stream on twitch. I used to watch Kungen when he started playing GW2, was so funny when Jun made that paint image of how to make stuff.

Streamed sometimes for friends who wanted to watch me play but that's about it.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-04-24 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I'll never understand the appeal of watching other people play video games.
    You are involved in the game, yet you can't fail. If the guy wins, you win with him - if the guy loses, you win, because you saw someone else lose. It's just primal psychology.

Twitch is one of the outlets for the growth of Esports. There are cancerous channels on there, but I think twitch and streamers as a whole is great and its only going to grow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch some streams from time to time but nothing regular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

I only watch sc2 tournaments on twitch.
    I think twitch is really lazy. Many youtuber are switching to twitch because there they don't even have to put any effort in. At least in a youtube lets play they have to edit their stuff and try to talk most of the time to make it entertaining. Twitch is just "watch me play for 3 hours suckers", only interrupted by the occasional "Oh hey randomname84 just subscribed. You are awesome".

Deleted
    Most of the top streamers are a cringefest of fake, not funny, trying too hard and memespouting. I just can't watch them and I don't understand how anyone can.
    I watch a stream for the game and the interaction, I don't need the retarded persona or giveaway/subscriber routine.
    When a new game comes out, I mostly have to scroll down to the 8th or 9th stream in order to find someone who isn't obnoxious as hell.

Apparently I'm in the minority though.

I have seen a few for the sake of seeing basic game play of a new game, but I think the whole "culture" is silly. These people think they are celebrities, but in reality they are attention whoring and generally pretty annoying. ie, Towlee, Phantomlord, the guy who did the Goat simulator review, swifty, these are the ones I've seen and know. Frankly if twitch shut down tomorrow, 0 fucks would be given and I would laugh at the people doing this as a career.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am subbed to someone playing turn-based strategy games like Europe Universalis, Civ 5 and AoW3 etc. But not more, I find it's more and better entertainment than TV.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's amazing and gives everyone the opportunity to try and succeed with their own channel.

I can't solely just watch a channel myself, I find it boring, but I usually have one or two on in the background while I game or talk with friends.

Deleted
    I don't do streams I prefer Youtube, the chat is too sporadic and the community isn't for me. Also what's the point of streams if you can't make it on time to watch them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I think it's amazing and gives everyone the opportunity to try and succeed with their own channel.

I can't solely just watch a channel myself, I find it boring, but I usually have one or two on in the background while I game or talk with friends.
    You have 2 streams on while you are playing a game? You sir or madam, might have a problem.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    I am subbed to Swifty, mainly because he is great at entertaining the viewers. And Dizzykitten because she is extremly nice and talks alot with her viewers, her channel is one of the few with over 500 viewers that is not bad.