Poll: What is your favourite Biome / Landscape?

Deleted

What is your favourite Biome / Landscape in WoW?

What ho,

For future expansions, which biome (landscape type) are you most interested in seeing more of? In other words, what is your favourite type of landscape in WoW?

Whatever you would call the biome in Shadowmoon Valley (WoD version)

Snowy/permanent winter mountain areas like Dun Morogh and Winterspring. I also loved Storm Peaks and Icecrown in Wrath. And Howling Fjord. Anything that's winter themed with snow/ice, really.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-04-23 at 04:27 PM.

Deserts with beach (is that even a landscape?) like Barrens, Tanaris and Snowy Forests like Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills

Jungle areas like STV. I just love how most of the zone feels like you're trapped beneath thick jungle canopy and you don't really know what is around the next corner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    Jungle areas like STV. I just love how most of the zone feels like you're trapped beneath thick jungle canopy and you don't really know what is around the next corner.
    Agreed! I miss the old STV days so much. I'm sort of sad they split the zone up into two sub-zones. For some reason it makes it feel a bit smaller, ha.

But they do tend to do great things with jungle zones. The Jade Forest was probably my favourite in MoP, and Sholazar Basin is always an enjoyable experience.

Howling Fjord was just beautiful and magnificent, as well as Grizzly Hills. I'd love to see more zones similar to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.Arctic - Howling Fjord Grizzly hills style zones
    2.Jungle - Krasarang wilds sholazar type zones
    3.Desert Dunes - Uldum tanaris style zones
    4.Tropical - Lost isles is similar to jungle but i love the volcano aspect
    5.Corrupt - Silver pine/plague lands style zones

Probably my top 5 favorite types of zones.

It probably fits under the gentle hills type, but isn't listed.........Nagrand is by far my favourite zone aesthetically.

Rolling hills, Like Nagrand no contest, no contest at all.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

In WoW and open world games in general, I prefer lush forests. Grizzly Hills, Eversong, Elwyn all appeal to me greatly.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like watery zones like 1k needles. Also like lush zones like Elwynn Forest and semi-destructed places like Westfall.

Mountains. Storm Peaks continues to be the most immersive/breath-taking zone in the game by far, for me.

I suspect that will quickly change in WoD however; given that we Alliance have the Temple of Karabor and Shadowmoon Valley.

Voted for underwater. In second place would be whatever Netherstorm is. A full-on industrial or urban zone would be another thing I'd like to see at some point. I do appreciate a good jungle too.

Pre-Cata Desolace was my favorite zone. The zone I wish the most I could revert back to pre-Cata state.
    Now its probably Arathi Highlands.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    arathi highlands and mulgore are my favorite old zones.

storm peaks in northrend (probably because of the music though).

kun lai summit in pandaland is beautiful, to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    arathi highlands and mulgore are my favorite old zones.

storm peaks in northrend (probably because of the music though).

kun lai summit in pandaland is beautiful, to me.
    Ah, which reminds me... there's no "Plains" option in the Poll, among other things. Damn you MMO-Champion, for setting the max limit on polls to 15! xD

Elwynn is my favorite landscape, with HF or Grizzly Hills a close second. Overall, LK zones were the best in this regard.
    I really don't give a shit about what they do in WoD or future expansions.

Feralas. I spent so much time there farming so part of it is nostalgia for sure. Feralas just embodies the "magic" that WoW has and keeps pulling me back in.

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea for a poll btw, should be interesting to see the results.

Coastal. I think that's interesting. Trade routes, harbors, etc. The ocean is rad, we need more of it.
    Tundra/steppes. We need more big, wide open areas with random goings on.
    Hills and swamp are in there, too.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.