Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation HURRY! Red Orchestra 2 is FREE to Keep Forever if you Download it Today Only!

If you download Red Orchestra 2 from it's page on steam within the next 24 hours, you can keep the game forever! - Jared Creasey http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

Very kind of Tripwire Interactive. Seems they think that by releasing the game for free, they can make more sales off of Rising Storm. Smart move!

Deleted
    That is extremely cool of them

Just a question, since I already have it and played it back when it came out, does it still run like a limp horse or have they actually improved it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    That is extremely cool of them

Just a question, since I already have it and played it back when it came out, does it still run like a limp horse or have they actually improved it?
    It's better, but the game is still about realism and skill, so don't expect CoD like gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It's better, but the game is still about realism and skill, so don't expect CoD like gameplay.
    Indeed, the creators think CoD is the worst thing to happen to the FPS genre.

I've started installing it, but I have to wait to finish for fear of passing my bullshit monthly data cap -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Indeed, the creators think CoD is the worst thing to happen to the FPS genre.

I've started installing it, but I have to wait to finish for fear of passing my bullshit monthly data cap -_-
    WTB Better ISPs. amirite
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    When I go to install, it wants to install beta and single player versions. Do I need both?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    When I go to install, it wants to install beta and single player versions. Do I need both?
    No. They are just different game contents. The singleplayer is to play campaign mode. The multiplayer is the main bulk of the game; shooting other people.

Not sure why they made both modes separate.

If you download Red Orchestra 2 from it's page on steam within the next 24 hours, you can keep the game forever! - Jared Creasey http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

Very kind of Tripwire Interactive. Seems they think that by releasing the game for free, they can make more sales off of Rising Storm. Smart move!
    Wow, that's awesome of them. RO2 is a great game, as is Rising Storm. Hope it works out for them, I really love Tripwire, they make some awesome FPS games (hell, Killing Floor probably has some of the best feeling gun-handling in any game I've ever played).

Deleted
    I think you only need the multiplayer installed, unless you want the single player as well, of course.

It's a good game that I've only recently reinstalled but it can be pretty frustrating at times, you will die a lot and from people you can't even see but when things click and you've got a good team with players using voice comms etc. it can be very satisfying.

Super cool. Went ahead and downloaded its multiplayer. Can't wait to try it out with my friend.

Thx for the heads up man.

Downloading/Installing now then going to give it a go. Tired of modern shooters so going back to WW2 is a breath of fresh air.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    i claimed it but i dont think ill ever play it.. napparently ive already got 20 minutes played on it from i guess a free weekend

Thanks for the heads up. Nice when companies do this. Plus it comes with trading cards so it's a free $0.24+ basically (assuming cards are $0.08 each)

10+ Year Old Account
    I only see the single player client but that's fine with me, totally over online FPS games. Let's see how this is

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I only see the single player client but that's fine with me, totally over online FPS games. Let's see how this is
    Multiplayer should be below the SP part:

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Single Player
    Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

This is awesome, I already own RO2 though.

Another game added to my vast Steam library. Not sure when I'll play it but tyvm regardless!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang this game is pretty hard (though I guess I did choose the highest difficulty...).

Pretty fun but the AI is super bad. My teammates running into crates and shit, and turning to face me with their guns out. Do they expect me NOT to shoot them when they do that?

I remember playing a lot of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Is this game similar to that or more close to Day of Defeat: Source?