Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    What is the current price on Pluto?

OT: The wording of the post annoys me. "Best entertainment value" is just a sucker punch. It's like saying their services are so valuable that we aren't paying enough for them
    This is the vibe I got as well. I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they are trying to make the price value more equal between regions (no idea) rather than just raising prices for the hell of it. These services are already over priced as it is. Quite frankly they should be free since we already pay a subscription that seemingly covers absolutely nothing except the ability to log in. These guys know how to milk...

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    There is a significant difference between wanting to earn money for your company in an understandable and legit way, and then flat out trying to push the price while it's being defended by customers who seemingly lack any sense of logic.

I would understand a price raise, if the product was being improved so I as a customer got equal value for the increase in cost (this is not the case), I would understand the cost increase if there was significant expenses associated with said product, but since it's been the exact same virtual product and been automated for years, we can't chuck it up to that either.., so what is it that is driving the increase in cost with nothing being added to the product?

You can speculate and add everything together if you like, Ceo's and shareholders "needing" their "standard" bonuses resulting in a hole that must be covered by someone, and that someone is always the people at the bottom of the ladder (No exceptions), could also be that they vastly underestimated the amount of players using the feature of character boosting and see this as an easy attachment to it, resulting in greater revenue despite loss in subscription numbers.
    Could also be that because of dwindling subscription numbers they need to get that revenue loss covered partially / fully by introducing this taxation on the rest of the player base (We don't know what number of players using XYZ features at any given time, so speculation again)

It could be all of the above, pure greed to fill the pockets or an attempt to increase revenue to increase spending on features to WoW we still don't know about, or some other project they are working on, or something entirely different.

Personally I don't care which it is, if I don't see any shred of evidence that a product changes or the cost associated with a product increase making it perfectly acceptable in my eyes to increase the cost, then I will simply not use the product.
    It boils down to pretty common logic, would you accept that they suddenly charged 5£ extra per month for your subscription if nothing significantly changed?
    And what is not legit ? its still legit if they so would decide to raise the cost to £100, they would loose alot of people doing so, but its their product and they are free to charge whatever they want for it.

First its only £1, but just for argument sake, yes if i still feel i could afford it and i feel i still got my money´s worth out of the game i would accept a £5 raise, and if i feel its not worth it or i can´t afford it i would just quit.

Whaaaat. If anything, these were all ridiculously overpriced already, especially for a game that already has a damn sub fee. Most of these do not require any time or work. Wtf?

Guess Bobby Kotick needs a new island mansion?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Completely unnecessary changes. They just added the 'Skip 90% of our content come WoD' button the Blizzard Store, so why increase more prices when they'll surely be making more money from the boosts? There's also a new horse mount most likely coming from RaF, so even more green will be lining their pockets. The greedy Blizzard suits know no limits.
    They are trying to make the most money out of all the race changes and cosmetic changes that will take place after the new race models go live.

Gotta love how people complain about the price for something that is completely optional. It could triple in price; who cares? Don't use the service. Thinking is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Gotta love how people complain about the price for something that is completely optional. It could triple in price; who cares? Don't use the service. Thinking is hard.
    The point is that people would like to be able to use the service, optional or not, but this dissuades them further from doing so. It's just a disappointment. Thinking is real hard on your part, eh?

Have you been to the grocery store lately? Or bought a tank of gas, or been seen a doctor? Seems like the price for everything has gone up recently (some dramatically so- Hi2uHealthcare). Just be glad Blizzard hasn't increased the monthly sub fee.

I thought this was all about adjusting for inflation. Money isn't worth the same as it was 10 years ago.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

Quote Originally Posted by kidgamer View Post
    Have you been to the grocery store lately? Or bought a tank of gas, or been seen a doctor? Seems like the price for everything has gone up recently (some dramatically so- Hi2uHealthcare). Just be glad Blizzard hasn't increased the monthly sub fee.
    It must be your imagination. The government tells me there's been virtually no inflation. Surely you're not suggesting that the government is lying.