Survival Hunter PVP (rbgs / bgs) - Tips please!

Does anyone else roll Survival in bgs? I have recently, and due to my long experience with a Shadow Priest, I slipped right into the roll of managing dots.

Also a question, I took Dire Beast over Thrill of the Hunt, for a few reasons. I like having the single target damage rolling with my dots when i'm stunned, locked, etc... Also, I seem to be proc'ing Lock n Load so much that I rarely ever have a need to cast arcane shot.

Does anyone have any tips or opinions? Thanks!

Spam multi shot

keep black arrow on something

use thrill of the hunt to supplement that

use ice/freezing trap to proc LnL if your black arrow doesn't

Entrapment is a pretty nice bonus in some of the BG maps too. And yes you can top the charts with it using spread damage tactics.
    Black arrow on people's pets can be a good idea because it's a lot less likely to be dispelled.

I'm also interested in this topic since I've never played much SV and figured learning it would be a good way to spend all this pre-expansion time we have.

Some questions:

1. How many targets does Multi-Strike need to hit to be worth using, both with and without TOTH procs?

2. Should you let the serpent spread DOTs tick to close to completion before re-applying them with Multi-Shot?

3. Is it standard for survival to NOT take the explosive trap glyph and use the traps as damage?

4. Let's assume I have 3 seconds left on a TOTH proc, but explosive shot (but not a free lock and load one) is available. Do I first fire off an explosive shot or a 10 focus arcane or multi-shots? Seems like you'd get better damage per focus from the arcane or multi-shots, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    I'm also interested in this topic since I've never played much SV and figured learning it would be a good way to spend all this pre-expansion time we have.

Some questions:

1. How many targets does Multi-Strike need to hit to be worth using, both with and without TOTH procs?

2. Should you let the serpent spread DOTs tick to close to completion before re-applying them with Multi-Shot?

3. Is it standard for survival to NOT take the explosive trap glyph and use the traps as damage?

4. Let's assume I have 3 seconds left on a TOTH proc, but explosive shot (but not a free lock and load one) is available. Do I first fire off an explosive shot or a 10 focus arcane or multi-shots? Seems like you'd get better damage per focus from the arcane or multi-shots, correct?
    1. More than 3
    2. keep spamming
    3. No knockback is too important
    4. Explosive shot does more damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post

Some questions:

For question one did you mean Multi-shot? Because with toth its a dps increase to use multi-shot over arcane shot at 2 targets. Although, I'm pretty hopeless at PVP if that's what your questions were more orientated to, so I guess if you needed to burst down one target it wouldn't be optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    For question one did you mean Multi-shot? Because with toth its a dps increase to use multi-shot over arcane shot at 2 targets. Although, I'm pretty hopeless at PVP if that's what your questions were more orientated to, so I guess if you needed to burst down one target it wouldn't be optimal.
    Yes, meant to say multi-shot, thanks for the tips all.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    1. More than 3
    2. keep spamming
    3. No knockback is too important
    4. Explosive shot does more damage.
    for 1. I'd argue to multi shot atleast once to get SrS up at two targets (assuming you have TotH up). Without TotH I agree with 3 targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    for 1. I'd argue to multi shot atleast once to get SrS up at two targets (assuming you have TotH up). Without TotH I agree with 3 targets.
    It's still better to apply your SrS with multi-shot without toth if there are 2 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    It's still better to apply your SrS with multi-shot without toth if there are 2 targets.
    I wouldn't think so in PVP, it's a lot of focus you're dumping that way that could be better used to nuke a single focus target, considering pvp set bonus increases pvp power when using arcane shot. Spreading dots in an RBG is important no doubt, but should still be 2nd in line to focusing down key opponents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    I wouldn't think so in PVP, it's a lot of focus you're dumping that way that could be better used to nuke a single focus target, considering pvp set bonus increases pvp power when using arcane shot. Spreading dots in an RBG is important no doubt, but should still be 2nd in line to focusing down key opponents.
    Yeah maybe you're right for PvP.