Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Your exact question to which I replied:

"What would you propose that would be better? inb4 F2P which they actually have up to level 20."

If you said you wanted to only talk about "better, but with sub", I wouldn't have replied (would have laughed at the restriction, but fine, I've seen weirder stuff, just wouldn't have replied).
    Holy, can you not understand a question when its asked based on the context of the discussion?

Obviously I meant propose a better PAYMENT model, because the person I replied to said something along the lines of "anyone defending the current payment model of wow must be crazy in love with blizz", and the current payment model is a subscription, and they will never go f2p, so I was trying to get relevant answers, because f2p is not a "better" method.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Jmills View Post
    Holy, can you not understand a question when its asked based on the context of the discussion?

Obviously I meant propose a better PAYMENT model, because the person I replied to said something along the lines of "anyone defending the current payment model of wow must be crazy in love with blizz", and the current payment model is a subscription, and they will never go f2p, so I was trying to get relevant answers, because f2p is not a "better" method.
    That's exactly how I understood your question and exactly to which I replied.

My reply is:

One variant of better: expansions cost money, there is no sub, there is no shop, you buy an expansion, you get everything that there is in it, including patches.

You seem to have problems with that variant, I am not sure why.

Before you repeat this nonsense about F2P, that's not F2P (nor can you state point-blank that F2P isn't better than what WoW does, but whatever).

That's exactly how I understood your question and exactly to which I replied.

My reply is:

One variant of better: expansions cost money, there is no sub, there is no shop, you buy an expansion, you get everything that there is in it, including patches.

You seem to have problems with that variant, I am not sure why.

Before you repeat this nonsense about F2P, that's not F2P (nor can you state point-blank that F2P isn't better than what WoW does, but whatever).
    I think we have different opinions on what F2P is. I think ESO and GW2 are F2P, because they do not have a subscription. And this example of F2P is only applied to MMOs. of course theres F2P games like TF2, which are actually "free". But when I think of a F2P MMO I think of a game you purchase but don't have a sub fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did this get necroed? The last post before a couple days ago was a year and a half ago lol

I think we have different opinions on what F2P is. I think ESO and GW2 are F2P, because they do not have a subscription. And this example of F2P is only applied to MMOs. of course theres F2P games like TF2, which are actually "free". But when I think of a F2P MMO I think of a game you purchase but don't have a sub fee.
    Google what F2P is. Because someone in Africa might think it is a melon, yet it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the best MMO.

Multiple expansions, dozens of features, massive multiplayer online gameplay thats ever progressing and evolving, and the only catch is a measly $15 per month.

Google what F2P is. Because someone in Africa might think it is a melon, yet it isn't.
    F2P: SWTOR and RIFT.... hmm their doing great? /s
    P2P: GW2 and ESO...... hmm their doing great? /s

Subscription: WoW... still the highest population MMO on the market.

So id say neither model would be more beneficial then the subscription model already in place. If you can come up with a better SUBSCRIPTION model, by all means, but by judging the competition, going F2P, or P2P will not be better for WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Multiple expansions, dozens of features, massive multiplayer online gameplay thats ever progressing and evolving, and the only catch is a measly $15 per month.
    15$ a month is a lot for some people apparently, and some people think a new 60$ AAA title game that lasts max 20 hours is better value.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's so expensive b/c people pay for it. Nothing really beyond that. You can look at their other games and see they don't take that philosophy as a company, but if you compare some of their prices in their free games it's more expensive than competitors. I just want people to realize it's unique to WoW that they have the entire payment philosophy presented by the OP.

They don't do that with D3, they don't do that with HS, they don't do that with Heroes. You can spend half the money you do on wow in any of their F2P games and have craptons of goodies. It's just a different service.

By comparison any non steam offered game is insanely expensive to me. I have over 400 games on Steam for less than I pay for WoW for one year. They would give me far more gameplay and hours than WoW ever could, but they're also different products. It just is what it is.
    BAD WOLF

F2P: SWTOR and RIFT.... hmm their doing great? /s
    P2P: GW2 and ESO...... hmm their doing great? /s

So id say neither model would be more beneficial then the subscription model already in place. If you can come up with a better SUBSCRIPTION model, by all means, but by judging the competition, going F2P, or P2P will not be better for WoW.
    Your problem is that you restrict the genre to WoW and games like WoW.

You pretend to talk about MMOs, but ignore, for example, LoL and other massively multiplayer games. They are doing way better than WoW, yes, for each metric there is a game which outperforms WoW.

That WoW currently dominates the niche of WoW and games like WoW is not a big achievement.
    Last edited by rda; 2015-08-28 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

You pretend to talk about MMOs, but ignore, for example, LoL and other massively multiplayer games.

That WoW currently dominates the niche of WoW and games like WoW is not a big achievement.
    you can't compare an MMO with a different genre game..
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

WoW is no where near the highest population MMO on the market. They just have the most subs and the only reason they have that is they redefined what a subscriber was by including people who log in once a month. They will never reveal how many people actually pay them $15 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    you can't compare an MMO with a different genre game..
    I actually can, but I also mentioned LoL, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine how much blizz would charge for a year long sub..... 100+ US dollars
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

You pretend to talk about MMOs, but ignore, for example, LoL and other massively multiplayer games. They are doing way better than WoW, yes, for each metric there is a game which outperforms WoW.

HAHAHHAHAHHA WTF!! LoL is not an MMO... your playing with 5 people, explain to me how that's "massive". That one statement just showed how dense you truly are.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually can, but I also mentioned LoL, for example.
    Once again, LoL is not an MMO

Deleted
    you are sitting in your garrison. tell me how that is massive?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    To be fair, it's massively boring. So you know...got you there.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Am I? hmm speak for yourself mate. Im out in the world doing things, I still enjoy the game. Try harder.

If you can come up with a better SUBSCRIPTION model, by all means, but by judging the competition, going F2P, or B2P will not be better for WoW.
    Fixed P2P to B2P since based on context is what I think you're talking about.

Not sure how you can come up with a "better" subscription/ P2P model... in a sub/P2P model you either sub/P2P or you don't, so there's not a whole lot of room for differences.

And what do you mean by judging by the competition? Every game that transitioned from a sub model to a F2P or B2P is doing better in the new model than as a sub. Whether that would be true for WoW is up for speculation.

i've done the math and the amount of time i've spent playing the game is around 4800 hours for $1440. You find me something that i enjoy doing for around 30 cents an hour. wow is far and away the cheapest hobby i have.