Lagy Games Is it hardware?

Amd FX 6100 6core cpu
    4Gig DDR3 ram
    MSI Radeon HD 7950 Video Card - 3GB GDDR5
    Asrock N68C-GS Mobo

I am mainly playing diablo wow and GW2 and Im having to put all the settings on minimum to keep the games playable. If I try to put anything past Medium Im running around 5FPS. I dont know too much about computers and I would appreciate any help I could get. Is my hardware out of date?

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn shadows off that's usually the culprit. While you're at it turn off anti-aliasing as well you don't need it.

Your equipment actually looks pretty solid for wow/D3. Guild wars would be the only one up there that MIGHT not be capable of running at med/high. Ya I'd try just reducing shadows for not but otherwise it might be a poorly functioning cpu/gpu or an overheating issue.

4gb of RAM isn't a huge amount nowadays, most new PC's come with 12+ it seems. I run 6gb DDR3 and my PC is almost 5yrs old, and I do get a little laggy on some games. Having said that, it surprises me that you struggle with WoW/Diablo which are pretty easy to run. Check background programs as they could be sucking up your RAM and not leaving enough available for gaming. Otherwise Twoddle's suggestion is pretty reasonable. Also, what resolution are you playing at?

-Control processes under task manager to see if something is eating your resources
    -Could be a driver issue, try installing different drivers

Is there software I can run to test to see if somethings wrong with my hardware. Im thinking it might be the CPU just because of how old it is.

The CPU seems pretty weak looking at some benchmarks, games with good multithreading seem to perform somewhat better on it, but as luck wants it Wow is not very good in that regard, you basically want an intel CPU (i5 series or i3 if on a budget) for wow and most other MMO's, bit more ram can't hurt if you run a 64 bit OS

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird I also have a 6100(is a prebuilt) and 650 ti boost. I run wow on almost everything maxed just fine.

Could it be a Mobo issue? Also im running a 500w psu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Weird I also have a 6100(is a prebuilt) and 650 ti boost. I run wow on almost everything maxed just fine.
    ... no you don't. Especially not during raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    ... no you don't. Especially not during raids.
    I have shadows and spell effects pretty low. By fine I mean not dropping to 10 fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    I have shadows and spell effects pretty low. By fine I mean not dropping to 10 fps.
    So not everything is maxed. It would really reduce confusion on techsites it people were honest about this.

@OP: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Low-fps-on-wow
    8120 = 6100 for WoW's concern. It's just not really it's strong suit.

It's your RAM. 4GB is not enough for some computers on Diablo 3 (confirmed by a recent blue post). GW2 is a more recent "next-gen" MMO, which means it loads a ton of textures and other graphical/systems information into RAM. You need more RAM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    It's your RAM. 4GB is not enough for some computers on Diablo 3 (confirmed by a recent blue post). GW2 is a more recent "next-gen" MMO, which means it loads a ton of textures and other graphical/systems information into RAM. You need more RAM.
    Can you link this bluepost? I'd like to read it in context.

10+ Year Old Account
    So not everything is maxed. It would really reduce confusion on techsites it people were honest about this.

@OP: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Low-fps-on-wow
    8120 = 6100 for WoW's concern. It's just not really it's strong suit.
    Err I do 10 mans not 25.

Can you link this bluepost? I'd like to read it in context.
    http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-trac...reezing-issues
    Context of that bluepost is that a number of people were experiencing crashing/freezing due to their low amount of RAM.

There are one or two other blue posts that mention crashing related to RAM, stating that 4GB is the bare minimum and that 32-bit OS's can't even use that much, which makes the problem worse. I've not seen any specific blue posts linking FPS to 4GB of RAM, but it stands to reason that it could be yet another cause of your problem.

Another thing to check is your hard drive. How big is it? How full is it? If it's half-way full, that will cause issues with load times and those issues will affect your FPS.

So... long story short, I think the problem is either too little RAM, too full hard drive, or driver issues. It may be none of these, but past experiences tell me that one of those issues is likely the case.

Personally, I've experienced RAM related issues before (back in Star Wars Galaxies, of all things) and it manifested by being incredibly sluggish and only letting up in remote areas or when traffic was low (or when everything finally loaded into memory/page-file). I've also experienced RAM related issues with newer games when having too many applications open. Again, it manifested as low/sluggish FPS.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2014-04-23 at 11:21 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

So i should try upgrading to like 8G of ram?

Deleted
    Shadows and AA should be low / off. Turn down render distance and spell detail a bit and all should be ok

And your ram is way to low 4GB is bare minimum. Get at LEAST 6, aim for 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disable shadows (usualy usles in any game)
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150106203
    If this doesnt help. Go with AA.

Here is a better guide:
    http://www.diablofans.com/forums/dia...ize-stutter-in
    Don't sweat the details!!!