Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    So because people disagree with other peoples opinions, they are suddenly doing the shady? o.O Seriously these forums.. the topics... the conspiracies... *head explodes*
    *offers tinfoil hat*

On-Topic: I would doubt it, MMO-champion seems like a core location for such behavior at times, but think we are a bit too vocal. Opinions will come, and be shared.

Truth be told, every time I see this thread title I think of something completely different. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturf

Who invents these weird names we use at times?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

TBH, when I read the thread title, I thought it was going to be about a different company than blizzard. I still have that corp-oration in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...That's not even true. That's just confirmation bias.
    Actually it is true. Whether or not they have changed because of Activision is one thing or even whether those changes are for the good or worse... but you're actually trying to claim they haven't changed at all with a straight face?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Actually it is true. Whether or not they have changed because of Activision is one thing or even whether those changes are for the good or worse... but you're actually trying to claim they haven't changed at all with a straight face?
    The Activision part. Really doubt they've changed in the way some people imply that they're sinister Lex Luthor businessmen.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe i am a shill and maybe i am not, but i am -historically- almost always in accord with the decisions of Blizzard at least about those topics i care about...
    This is of course a contingent coincidence..

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Activision part. Really doubt they've changed in the way some people imply that they're sinister Lex Luthor businessmen.
    total change in ultimate company management does have consequences, though sorting those consequences out from what might have happened had blizzard stayed in the legal structure with vivendi it was is the trick.

Making money isn't sinister to the shepherd, just to the sheep, and blizzard isn't putting cadmium into the water supply or anything when they make billions of bucks off wow.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2014-04-24 at 09:32 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    "I'm a corporate shill who wants to pay more than I have been for the same service"
    Hilarious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    total change in ultimate company management does have consequences, though sorting those consequences out from what might have happened had blizzard stayed in the legal structure with vivendi it was is the trick.

Making money isn't sinister to the shepherd, just to the sheep, and blizzard isn't putting cadmium into the water supply or anything when they make billions of bucks off wow.
    Funny thing about that. VIvendi is getting away from Blizzard(Or vice versa, can't remember which) I read it somewhere.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they probably have people join exploit sites and find out whats the latest bot etc and then they pass the info on, its probably how they found out about the rotation bots and auto interrupts, took them long enough to ban people though the bot was around for 2 years before anything was done about it.
    Last edited by starkey; 2014-04-24 at 10:58 PM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know such a thing existed in truth, wouldn't be a huge surprise if something like this happened here
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    As somebody who uses IMDB a lot astroturfing there is rampant.

Studios hire people to post phoney glowing reviews.

They are usually easy to spot though, someone will have just registered, posted a 10/10 review for some crap movie.

The review is always super generic, lacking specifics, and a basically a copy/paste job.
    IMDB is a much more likely and well known source though than MMO Champion is for WoW.
    My parents tablet even comes with an app for IMDB pre-installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing about that. VIvendi is getting away from Blizzard(Or vice versa, can't remember which) I read it somewhere.
    vivendi got away from owning blizzard directly in 2008, reverse merged the property into kotick's activision, leaving him as 2nd largest shareholder and ceo. a/b and kotick/team bought back most of the vivendi (majority) stake lastyear, and the rest is being offered now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Well they probably have people join exploit sites and find out whats the latest bot etc and then they pass the info on, its probably how they found out about the rotation bots and auto interrupts, took them long enough to ban people though the bot was around for 2 years before anything was done about it.
    It is far, far more realistic to think they buy every single bot offered for sale and test it extensively, to start building detection profiles.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Yes, they definitely have been using this. It started in late 2011. I've got proof of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    *offers tinfoil hat*

On-Topic: I would doubt it, MMO-champion seems like a core location for such behavior at times, but think we are a bit too vocal. Opinions will come, and be shared.

Truth be told, every time I see this thread title I think of something completely different. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturf

Who invents these weird names we use at times?
    Grassroots movements that are real vs fake grassroots, aka astroturf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAStory View Post
    I'm with this person, here. Ever since they sold to Activision, they've changed so drastically. It's such a shame.
    It's more likely that Blizzard has changed as the gaming market has evolved. Activision just happens to be doing many of the same things Blizzard did when the two companies merged under Vivendi. No with Vivendi out of the picture Blizzard might surprise us again. The companies that refuse to change go bankrupt.

Btw, there's tons of paid shills everywhere. Stock market sites are the worst but they also invade Amazon, iTunes stores, etc.

Don't really think they have something like one of those facebook like Sweatshops on the Philippines or wherever but I wouldn't be surprised as it happens in some form or another at every corner on the internet.

FUCK I knew I'd be discovered.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    astro turfing is disgusting corporate greed, but goddamn do i respect their right to do it.
    Hi