Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is your favourite & least favourite zone

(Warlords of Draenor cannot be included in this)

Simple Question: It can be any zone that is in the Current 5.4.7 Release of WoW.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite: Grizzly Hills or Vashj'ir
    Least Favorite: There are a few zones that I hate...Hellfire Peninsula, Zul'drak, Borean Tundra Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes.

Terokarr Forest is my favorite. I spent a lot of time there leveling my character and then just flying around when bored during BC. I can fly around there and start hearing the music I would listen to when playing WoW in 06-07.

The worst is storm peaks. The aesthetic is nice and all, but flying around and up and down the mountains loses its fun after the hundredth time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would make an interesting poll OP (also would be a pain in the asshole to compile the list for it though lol)

But anyway here goes:

(My least favorite): Borean Tundra - it's just well, boring as hell, ugly and far too large to be interesting, I guess what I'm trying to say is it was a messy mashed potato of a zone where all the elements involved made no sense to me, the flow in my eyes was awful (I preferred Howling Fjord, I guess aesthetically to me it was more pleasing and flowed better quest-wise)

(My favorite): Zangamarsh - Gloomy, psychedelic, glowing (in parts) and felt and still gives me that feeling of immersion aesthetically plus it also leads some to my favorite dungeons.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Favorite: Vanilla Silverpine or Gilneas

Least Favorite: Badlands - Just dull, seems incredibly mismatched geographically, and is extra boring to quest in. Its like they just reused the Durotar textures because they couldn't think of another creative zone.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2014-04-24 at 05:08 PM.

Favorite: Blade's Edge Mountains, Outland. I love Outland so damn much, I could spend hours exploring that place even today.
    Least favorite: Thousand Needles post-Cataclysm. Any water heavy zone works too. So slow, so boring.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love: Northrend, almost all of Outland, almost all of Kalimdor, almost all of Eastern Kingdoms
    Hate: Pandaria, Terokkar Forest, North and South Barrens, Silverpine Forest, Vashj'ir, Silithus, Ashenvale, North and South Stranglethorn Vale

Yeah, I really hate Pandaria.

Favorite - I'd probably pick Dun Morogh if you held a gun to my head and forced me to pick one favorite, but I love any zone with a snow/ice/permanent winter theme. Storm Peaks, Winterspring, Icecrown, and Howling Fjord are all favorites. If I had to pick an in-game place where I'd want to live in real life, Dun Morogh would be it.

Least favorites - Uldum and Vash'jir. I thought most of the new zones introduced in Cataclysm were pretty weak, with the exception of Hyjal. I also don't care much for jungle zones like Stranglethorn Vale and Scholozar Basin.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-04-24 at 04:03 AM.

Fav : Feralas (Awesome music + Atmosphere)

Hate : Jungles and Deserts, most of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

15+ Year Old Account
    Favorite? Nagrand.

Hate the most? Blood elf starting zones, literally horrible, takes too long to walk.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Favorite: Gilneas

Least Favorite: Valley Of The Four Winds

10+ Year Old Account
    Noobs! Least favorite: Silithus. (shudder)

Most? probably Ungoro, Sholozar, Vash'jir. But I liked Hyjal and Netherstorm too. Zones with personality. Oh and Zangar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most favorite: Vale of Eternal Blossoms pre Shaification.

Least Favorite: Tanaris.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I remember thinking Uldum was the best zone ever when I played it.

Post-Cata revamp I'd have to say Silverpine or Hillsbrad. Just... god damn that's some above and beyond quest design.

Least favourite: have to be Silithus. Still just as awkward and shithouse as it was pre-Cata. And yet it looks so cool! Well, it did anyway, bit dated now...

Also possibly Winterspring. Even after the revamp it feels half empty and incomplete. All the trees from Felwood to Winterspring are so goddamn ugly too, especially from the air... consider how they're right next to Darkshore, where the forest looks gorgeous to this day.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-04-24 at 04:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Least Favorite: Uldum. Great looking zone, but the sheer amount of cut scenes in questing is so bad that I rank it at the bottom. Dread Wastes gets a mention.

Most Favorite: Elwynn Forest. It's so humble and brings back many memories.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Least: Vashj'ir, the one zone in the entire World of the Warcraft that I have never finished and will never finish. Complete water zones can suck a dick.
    Favourite: I have many favourites, Nagrand/SMV/Icecrown/Storm Peaks/Twilight Highlands/Bad Lands(post Cata)/Isle of Quel'danas/Isle of Thunder/Dread Wastes

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    Least Favorite: Uldum. Great looking zone, but the sheer amount of cut scenes in questing is so bad that I rank it at the bottom. Dread Wastes gets a mention.
    I liked the Klaxxi and storyline and many aspects of the zone, however the quest design was shocking. It's like they got someone who hasn't made a quest zone since Vanilla to design the place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Least: Vashj'ir, the one zone in the entire World of the Warcraft that I have never finished and will never finish. Complete water zones can suck a dick.
    That's a real love it or hate it.

I loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Most fav: Jade Forest

Least fav: Hellfire Peninsula

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Nagrand and Old EPL.

Terokkar Forest... ngnhnghn nope nope nope!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

my fav would be: Storm peaks
    least: silithus