Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Actually that situation can happen in the warrior control vs aggro hunter matchup.
    Unlikely. The warrior will easily do some early damage prior to turn 9 with early armorsmiths, frothings, and cairne. He would literally need to draw nothing but removal and just armor pass every turn to leave the hunter at 30 by turn 9.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Unlikely. The warrior will easily do some early damage prior to turn 9 with early armorsmiths, frothings, and cairne. He would literally need to draw nothing but removal and just armor pass every turn to leave the hunter at 30 by turn 9.
    I used the hunter as an example because the other guy used it as an example. I'm aware it might not be the best example for demonstrating the op'ness of Alex but there are other matchups where she is more than capable of doing 10 to 15 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    I used the hunter as an example because the other guy used it as an example. I'm aware it might not be the best example for demonstrating the op'ness of Alex but there are other matchups where she is more than capable of doing 10 to 15 damage.
    Again, if you're doing 10+ damage with alex, than you must've been in bad shape most of the game with many minions not making it past the turn they came out to do damage to face. It's unlikely that your health pool will still be in good condition unless you're a control warrior or freeze mage, and a BGH will pretty much destroy your turn and cede board control to your opponent. As a freeze mage, that isn't too important as you use alex to set up for a spell finisher with ice block to protect you so the heal isn't necessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Again, if you're doing 10+ damage with alex, than you must've been in bad shape most of the game with many minions not making it past the turn they came out to do damage to face. It's unlikely that your health pool will still be in good condition unless you're a control warrior or freeze mage, and a BGH will pretty much destroy your turn and cede board control to your opponent. As a freeze mage, that isn't too important as you use alex to set up for a spell finisher with ice block to protect you so the heal isn't necessary.
    And it's exactly in freeze mage/control war decks that it's broken.

I would call it situational for a control warrior, rather than broken. As a freeze mage using alexstrasza offensively is kind of required to put out enough damage to kill your opponent unless you get a really good Archmage Antonidas. Such a reliance on those 2 cards really hurts that deck to the point where you really won't be seeing it that much. As for control warrior, as I've said before, you're very unlikely to actually be able to Alexstrasza for such a large amount. It happens against some decks, but it's not common enough to be called broken.

And it's obviously so broken that both of those decks are basically dead in the current meta.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    And it's obviously so broken that both of those decks are basically dead in the current meta.
    Which makes an 8/8 and up to 15 damage not broken how exactly? Just because the decks utilizing it aren't too common now doesn't mean that Alex isn't broken.

Which makes an 8/8 and up to 15 damage not broken how exactly? Just because the decks utilizing it aren't too common now doesn't mean that Alex isn't broken.
    What, you say alex is good in certain decks (therefore contestualizing your argument) and I can't do the same? Of course how good something is also depends on how much it's used. For example, a wheel on its own is pretty much useless. Wheel is however awesome because you can do so many things with it.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

You dare say things like "it boils down to skill" when abusing a hunter deck? How misguided are you exactly? And some legendaries are to strong regardless of whether or not you remove them the turn after. You hunters marked and dogged a Alex? Well good for you, you just traded 1,5 cards for an 8/8. Too bad she already dealt 15 damage or thereabouts to you merely by appearing on the field.
    But whatever, keep believing that both all the legendaries are balanced and that hunter removal is somehow balanced. Whatever makes you sleep at night.
    I reply, as I find it incredibly amusing how ignorant you are, probably as you got your ass served against hunter rush decks lately. Regardless, I am only using huntard decks for fun, and not the ones that rely solely on rushing. Most of the time I play with my Control Pala/Shaman/Drood, and yes, sometimes I get stomped by hunters, then again other times I stomp them to death.

As for legendaries: I never implied that all of them are balanced, no, some of them are definately on the stronger side of the scale right now, but they are recieving their nerfs constantly as time goes on ( look at Tinkmaster OverNerf, or Trash Pagle). If you claim that the enemy only wins cause he pulls out an I-WIN legendary from his arse then you are mistaken: it requires either a termendious luck on his side or just misplays on yours. And if you are getting stomped from legs then consider an overhaul in your deck, or just try to improve. I can only recommend playing in arens, where your choices arel imited, you would be surprised how much it can help fixing your gamestyle ( it helped with mine).

how do you beat legendaries as a paladin? I have no hexes or sheeps or whatnots

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    how do you beat legendaries as a paladin? I have no hexes or sheeps or whatnots
    Equality, aldor peacekeepers, silences. Alond with the usual neutral respones such as faceless and bgh obviously. Paladins are one of the best (if not the best) pure lategame classes along with priests, but they do pretty poorly against early aggression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    I reply, as I find it incredibly amusing how ignorant you are, probably as you got your ass served against hunter rush decks lately. Regardless, I am only using huntard decks for fun, and not the ones that rely solely on rushing. Most of the time I play with my Control Pala/Shaman/Drood, and yes, sometimes I get stomped by hunters, then again other times I stomp them to death.

As for legendaries: I never implied that all of them are balanced, no, some of them are definately on the stronger side of the scale right now, but they are recieving their nerfs constantly as time goes on ( look at Tinkmaster OverNerf, or Trash Pagle). If you claim that the enemy only wins cause he pulls out an I-WIN legendary from his arse then you are mistaken: it requires either a termendious luck on his side or just misplays on yours. And if you are getting stomped from legs then consider an overhaul in your deck, or just try to improve. I can only recommend playing in arens, where your choices arel imited, you would be surprised how much it can help fixing your gamestyle ( it helped with mine).
    Well since you seem to feel the need to almost apologize for using a hunter deck you too it seems, seem to know how retardedly easy and broken they are. But moving on, I never claimed legendaries were an "I-win" card, if you and other legendary apoligist could stop using that as a crutch for your non arguments I might take you seriously some day. Yes some are nerfed but other offenders are let off the hook, that's what bothers me.

Hearthstone Ranked and Arena are 2 completely different beasts. Going to assume we're talking about Ranked here (otherwise known as Constructed).

Just play the game for a while, read up on Arena guides, then try as hard as you can to sustain yourself through gold... that's how you farm dust/packs. Throw in a few bucks for more Arena tickets everyonce in a while, if you run out of gold (that should be acceptable after playing any F2P game for a certain amount of time). You'll have your own legendaries in no time.

Usually, players who complain about legendaries are players whose deck(s) lack optimized winning conditions/removal. Many "good" decks aim to win by turn 6 or 7 and have solid answers to big, 1 card threats. A new player, on the other hand, might dilly dally well beyond turn 10 with removal like Naturalize, Corruption and Arcane Explosion.

The only time legendaries are really problematic is when they are good in any deck & any situation. There are few like this at the moment... the closest I can think of is Cairne (which won't help against Aggro decks), and Leeroy (which is only good for Lethal). As far as Alexstraza goes, it is "okay". Was stronger in the hands of a Mage before all the nerfs, now it's only really relevant for a control Warrior.

With experience you'll gain perspective, and then you'll probably come to realise the whole "limit # of legendaries per deck" thing is unecessary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaneesh View Post
    With experience you'll gain perspective, and then you'll probably come to realise the whole "limit # of legendaries per deck" thing is unecessary.
    Considering most tournament decks run with 2, MAYBE 3 legendaries tops, there really is no reason to limit legendaries at all. The only decks that run with more than that many legendaries are newbs who chucked a bunch of money into packs, got 5 or 6 legendaries and threw them all into one deck and are now stuck at rank 20, or that one control warrior deck that uses 7 legendaries.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh... Only legendary I've had issues with is Leeroy. for the most part I could care less about the rest.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    The other night I had a blast.

I use 0 Legendary Cards in my Priest Deck, and my opponent pulled Ysera out.

Sooo I MCed Ysera, used her, abused her dream cards, and when I was done..

*Infects Ysera with Nightmare card +4 Damage (Death at end of turn)*

Ysera attacks her summoner.
    (Krunch has 2 HP now.)

Me: "Bye. :P"

*Ysera Awakens* 5 damage to everything.

I win.

Moral of the story: Legendary Cards are OP true, but I love swimming in a pool of tears when I turn other folks toys against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that makes it overpowered is, not everyone is on Trump's level. There are average players like myself that have to go against some overpowered legendaries. I wasted 3 cards (out of the 5 I had) to get rid of a legendary that would otherwise been close to killing me.
    And all the anecdotical stuff, well good for you, fact of the matter is, some are too powerful, and the whole I'm sorry' thing, meh, I'll just wait it out. If they are sorry, I won't be just dragging it out.

Deleted
    Well I know it's anecdotal evidence at best, but just now I got a Warrior arena draft with both the Black Knight and Ragnaros and it's hilarious how much they can get done just on their own. Earth Elemental? Well that's cute, let me just slice it up like it's nothing. Oh, you dare trade with me going into turn 8? How do you enjoy an 8/8 with charge to the face?
    I know arena isn't too balanced but the impact legendaries can have there is downright sad/hilarious dependding on whether you have them or are on the receiving end of one.

I've recently started playing properly after getting bored of WoW and I'm running my Priest with Prophet Velen in it. That combined with being a Priest is absolutely ridiculous. That card combined with Holy Nova has won me so many games it's unreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know it's anecdotal evidence at best, but just now I got a Warrior arena draft with both the Black Knight and Ragnaros and it's hilarious how much they can get done just on their own. Earth Elemental? Well that's cute, let me just slice it up like it's nothing. Oh, you dare trade with me going into turn 8? How do you enjoy an 8/8 with charge to the face?
    I know arena isn't too balanced but the impact legendaries can have there is downright sad/hilarious dependding on whether you have them or are on the receiving end of one.
    Not sure what your point is, are legendaries good or bad?