Penalty for leaving a group, question

Recently I've been running a lot of dungeons to level up. I'm lvl87, now and like many I"ll quest a bit, then dungeon run for awhile, then switch back to questing, etc. Anyways, recently there have been at least 4 times in the past 3 or 4 days where I get in a group with a instance not completed, but everyone leaving. Guess they had a bad time, so I leave to, and i get the time penalty.

Next time the same thing happened I even sat and waiting for everyone to leave, then I was in the group alone, I leave the dungeon, and I'm still hit with the penalty. What gives? Is this normal?

Not making a bashing thread, I'm curious if I am doing something or leaving the group in a way I'm not supposed to so I dont' get that penalty.

Thanks.
    "A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident."

The Lightbringer Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Recently I've been running a lot of dungeons to level up. I'm lvl87, now and like many I"ll quest a bit, then dungeon run for awhile, then switch back to questing, etc. Anyways, recently there have been at least 4 times in the past 3 or 4 days where I get in a group with a instance not completed, but everyone leaving. Guess they had a bad time, so I leave to, and i get the time penalty.

Next time the same thing happened I even sat and waiting for everyone to leave, then I was in the group alone, I leave the dungeon, and I'm still hit with the penalty. What gives? Is this normal?

Not making a bashing thread, I'm curious if I am doing something or leaving the group in a way I'm not supposed to so I dont' get that penalty.

Thanks.
    Shouldn't be. As long as you stay for at least one boss fight or 15 minutes, you don't get the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Shouldn't be. As long as you stay for at least one boss fight or 15 minutes, you don't get the debuff.
    Ahh okay, good advice. When this stuff happened I would definetly not be in grop for more then 15mins. If this happens again without completing a dungeon and I've joined while everyone is leaving, best to stay 15mins than get the longer penalty. Thanks.
    "A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident."