Poll: Should Eyes of the Beast be re-implemented?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Eotb didn't cause button bloat because it didn't really have a meaningful use. It was fun and could be used for scouting, just like eagle eye.

Who doesn't remember eyes of the beast? We need it back. Blizzard has already admitted that they would bring it up, that deleting it was a mistake, and that the only thing in the way is the fact that they completely deleted it and would have to remake it from scratch.
    the entire 'we deleted it' excuse is pretty offensive. It pretty much asks the flock to believe they allow a single non-archived copy of the game to be updated with no storage process. Basically, blizzard is just like us, lazy on back-ups. I guess this way we can all sympathize 'oops they deleted it.' Right, they are gonna let their people accidently delete raid boss scripting too I guess, cuz they forgot to back-up. 'oops we deleted it sorry.'

To me, the entire eotb thing is emblematic of blizzards internal war on fun, (or FUN vs. fun, if you like). If your fun isn't within their parameters, it isn't FUN.

(one way to know is if your fun doesn't contribute to a participation/completion metric, it isn't FUN.)

upon reflection, I note that a lot of this increasing blizzard effort to channel player activity/interests into designated activites began with cataclysm. I ask myself if the underlying cause of this (and removal of random abilities like eotb, though I consider this tangential, part of an effort to eliminate/consolidate non-necessary abilities) came from an overriding interest in manipulating player behavior in order to actually improve participation/completion in various game segments in order to help internal groups at blizzard meet metrics for bonuses, etc. I noticed with cat. blizzard seemed to be actively deciding the 'right' way to play, and this would tend to make sense in terms of motivation - someones' bonuses were at stake.

If you go from the assumption that increasing completion rates of various activites is an ends in itself, it begins to explain a lot of otherwise inexplicable nerfs - getting older reputations up to exalted, various ach. req's being neutered, etc.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2014-04-24 at 05:16 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    The reason was a mistake that they distinctly admitted, so no. It was an accident.
    And yet somehow, I still don't care If they bring that back, I want two more things brought back that were "Mistakes"

Have Group, Will Travel and autolearned Flight paths.

Button bloat and eyes of the beast had nothing to do with each other. I never had it on any of my hunters action bars. If I was waiting for raid/party members to get to the meeting stone I'd just open my spell book and cast it from there, and run around with my pet.

So yeah, I really don't see why fun abilities would get removed in the name of button bloat. It's just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    not without giving it purpose. they want to reduce button bloat. EotB just didnt really have any meaningful use. fun is ok, but at some point it should also have actual use. otherwise, meh, i can do without it.
    There's nothing wrong with button bloat so long as it isn't a part of your rotation. EotB, like pets and other vanity items is perfectly okay for a sidebar. There's nothing bloat worth about skills like this.

It was standard practice to use EotB to pull Baron Geddon into Garr's area in Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    the entire 'we deleted it' excuse is pretty offensive. It pretty much asks the flock to believe they allow a single non-archived copy of the game to be updated with no storage process. Basically, blizzard is just like us, lazy on back-ups. I guess this way we can all sympathize 'oops they deleted it.' Right, they are gonna let their people accidently delete raid boss scripting too I guess, cuz they forgot to back-up. 'oops we deleted it sorry.'

To me, the entire eotb thing is emblematic of blizzards internal war on fun, (or FUN vs. fun, if you like). If your fun isn't within their parameters, it isn't FUN. (one way to know is if your fun doesn't contribute to a participation/completion metric, it isn't FUN.)
    I don't know what kind of version control they use. My guess would be that they built something from scratch, and judging from their difficulties in bringing back edits it really doesn't look like the sharpest tool in their shed. But apart from that, these guys are human beings, and human beings are capable of making mistakes.

And apart from even that, if you're looking for a system where you define your own fun without constraints, you're not looking for a video game. I recommend going outside and jumping through sprinklers or something.

I miss it. I would rather have eye of the beast than that firework minor glyph any day of the week. You can buy firework from a vendor for a few silver. :/

Bring it back through a minor glyph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    I miss it. I would rather have eye of the beast than that firework minor glyph any day of the week. You can buy firework from a vendor for a few silver. :/
    That fireworks glyph would have been cool if it used the really awesome looking fireworks that were added with MoP. But it doesn't even use nice fireworks. We have the least interesting minor glyphs of any class :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

7+ Year Old Account
    No it's not.
    How is it not? You can't see the invisible maze without the Eye.

Without the Eye of Kilrogg, you would die... A LOT.
    Lock rocks, made to order.

It absolutely should return, and there's all sorts of interesting ways it could be implemented.

Options are apparently a bad thing now though, so don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyHoops View Post
    How is it not? You can't see the invisible maze without the Eye.

Without the Eye of Kilrogg, you would die... A LOT.
    Nah. Gateway + Rocket Boots + Dark Bargain + Soulstone

I wasn't going to do it the tedious way with Kilrogg + Teleport Circle

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nah. Gateway + Rocket Boots + Dark Bargain + Soulstone

I wasn't going to do it the tedious way with Kilrogg + Teleport Circle
    Dying is still kiiiind of a part of that ("+ Soulstone"? Doesn't death just make things further more tedious?). Also, not everyone is an Engineer... and not everyone chooses Dark Bargain.

- - - Updated - - -

What several of you are saying is that it doesn't matter if an ability is "fun", it only matters if it has any use in the more competitive content. Though I understand where you're coming from, World of Warcraft is still technically a game, and typically one of my top priorities in games is fun. And if being on top is the most important thing to you and you don't give a damn about the fun aspects, then it's not impartial you use the ability at all.
    Lock rocks, made to order.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the point to remove this kind of abilities.

So yes.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only ever used it to Tea-bag people I ganked with King Bangalash.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should put it back in, but as "Twitchy Eyes of the Beast". When you use it, all of a sudden your pet's movements are controlled by a bunch of people randomly entering commands on Twitch.tv. It lasts an hour, and can't be cancelled.

I'd just like to see some of the streams of what people would do with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I don't see the point to remove this kind of abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    I only ever used it to Tea-bag people I ganked with King Bangalash.
    Here's a pretty solid reason. Immaturity.

I don't think anyone smart enough has Eye of Kilrogg and other fun abilities like that keybound, I doubt anyone would have Eyes of the Beast keybound either so the whole "button bloat" argument is useless. Yes, it should come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    No.

/10chars
    Yes, get rid of the spell you use once in a blue Moon and takes up no space /end sarcasm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    And yet somehow, I still don't care If they bring that back, I want two more things brought back that were "Mistakes"

Have Group, Will Travel and autolearned Flight paths.
    Go play hello kitty island adventure for christ's sake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Go play hello kitty island adventure for christ's sake
    What are you going on about? I simply said I didn't care if they brought it back, and said if they did bring back some worthless ability primarily used to Troll other players or break game mechanics in raids, they should at least give us back the two most USEFUL things they took from the game as "accidents".

You need to cool your heals. For a panda, you sure don't grasp the "Slow down, and calm yourself" aspect.

Yes, it should be re-implemented.