Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Omg I like Med'an, #ImplementMed'an.

Seriously this guy is awesome and I have no idea why everyone hates him. Whats there to hate him about? he's interesting!! The fact he has all of these powers combined (holy, arcane, shaman powers, etc.) this character already makes him interesting. And the fact he's a hybrid (part human, Orc, Draenei) i'd like to see what mix that would be like. The more I read up about him and his lore the more I'm interested seeing this guy come live. He's a lot more interesting than Orgrim Doomhammer and Sunwalker Dezco even. I think there needs to be more super hero type of characters in the game because there isn't enough and i'm tired of seeing characters that are grey, it's too boring for story telling. I think whats wrong with the lore is the lack of black and white characters imo.

Seriously why do people hate him and why isn't he ingame?

I think he's an incredibly boring character. Like Superman.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Because he is walking definition of mary sue, and all writing surrounding him is horrible, even for warcraft standards. In other words he is bottom of the sea and six feet's of mud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I think he's an incredibly boring character. Like Superman.
    superman has boring powers. and looks just like a human.

hes too busy fighting frieza or resurrecting the dinosaurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Because he is walking definition of mary sue, and all writing surrounding him is horrible, even for warcraft standards. In other words he is bottom of the sea and six feet's of mud.
    So what? how is that even bad? If being a mary sue makes him 'bad' then there should definitely be more mary sues because they're fascinating as fuck. weak characters with flaws have been incredibly boring lately and frankly theres too many of those in the story of wow and the ones that aren't are evil, yuk.

And I guess you find Twilight and 50 Greys to be good reads, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Because Thrall isn't in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    And I guess you find Twilight and 50 Greys to be good reads, as well.
    No theyre not even that powerful all it is is romance and drama. hulk makes a better story. (worldbreaker hulk). theres not enough action in the lore.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2014-04-18 at 10:16 AM.

I'm just posting in here to see where this thread goes.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

This feels like a troll bait thread, given the general consensus about that character.

I usually have less of a 'thing' regarding Mary Sues than most people. I love anime, I read books involving immortal, physic magical time traveling incarnations of characters, and I enjoy stories where X group of mortals slap a deity in the face.

But Med'an is just...something else. He's literally over the top. That whole thing about channeling the different types of power into one being? I'd be fine with that. Hell, Medivh was that. Thrall did a similar thing in Cataclysm. It's not exactly bad.

But making him the suddenly revealed child of Medivh and Garona, simultaneously retconning Garona to be half draenei instead of half human (although that honestly makes more sense anyway) and letting him come into these powers almost immediately, to the point he's able to stand up to an Old God on his own where it's established even the Titans had some issues with them...

Let's just say there were better ways they could have handled a similar story without making it so over-the-top. It's practically a parody of Warcraft's surprisingly serious storyline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    So what? how is that even bad? If being a mary sue makes him 'bad' then there should definitely be more mary sues because they're fascinating as fuck. weak characters with flaws have been incredibly boring lately and frankly theres too many of those in the story of wow and the ones that aren't are evil, yuk.
    You don't read much fiction do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    You don't read much fiction do you?
    I read a lot of fiction quite frankly, but go on and keep guessing.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2014-04-18 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    I read a lot of fiction quite frankly, but go on and keep guessing.
    Well it's just that most people like characters with flaws. It makes them more interesting and relatable. A character who is perfect is uninteresting because there is no conflict, they can just breeze through any challenge and the audience can't relate to them. At best they're a shallow escapist fantasy, but escapism is worth little if it's completely ungrounded in reality. I'd be interested to know exactly what fiction you read a lot of.

He is a walking abomination. Mary sue of Mary sues. He is horribly written. The most hatred lore character in game.he makes rhonin seem amazing. He is way over the top. He mqkes Edward and Bella amazing characters in comparison

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan had many flaws and he is a beloved character

superman has boring powers. and looks just like a human.
    And the only way people manage to write superman films is by stripping him of the powers, as he's above our human morals. Apparently.
    Batman, who isn't all powerful, who is dark and conflicted, who, essentially, has depth as a character, is therefore much more loved, and sells better; much as the term mary-sue is thrown around a lot, a character with no restrictions and no ties, (access to all powers, no ethnicity) doesn't have much substance.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Me'dan's characterization goes as follows

"No one will be able to accomplish this task"

Me'dan- "oh...I'm here tho"

blizzard staff- "GENIUS! He IS there! HE could do it. He could do ANYTHING."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knough View Post
    And the only way people manage to write superman films is by stripping him of the powers, as he's above our human morals. Apparently.
    Batman, who isn't all powerful, who is dark and conflicted, who, essentially, has depth as a character, is therefore much more loved, and sells better; much as the term mary-sue is thrown around a lot, a character with no restrictions and no ties, (access to all powers, no ethnicity) doesn't have much substance.
    That doesn't make batman appealing at all. If anything, he's even MORE BORING than Superman. I wouldn't consider someone whos schizophrenic and has mommy and daddy issues getting his ass kicked all the time by antagonists more powerful than him to be that interesting at all.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2014-04-18 at 11:08 AM.

I hope they implement him. So we could kill him. I bet THAT would sell an expansion.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"