Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garrison Location - Shadowmoon Valley

Hey guys!
    So, I've seen some people wondering where our garrisons will be located and what will there be on their spot if our garrison is in another zone ( for example, if my garrison is in nagrand, what will take the place of the defined spot for garrisons in shadowmoon valley ). Thus I've made a comparison between screenshots from garrisons ( Shadowmoon Valley garrison preview ) and the Shadowmoon Valley and I've figured it out.

This is the map for Shadowmoon Valley, as you might know heh. Now look here. Our Garrison in Shadowmoon Valley will be placed right there. And if our garrison is somewhere else this is what the place will look like. In this screenshot you can see the lake to the west of our garrison's location and the little isle inside the lake. You can also see the hills above the lake. You can see the river and the way it maneuvers. It's the exact same river that I've circled on the map. Here you can see the Temple of Karabor in the background behind our townhall ( rank 1 in case you don't recognize it ). So yeah, when you put all these screenshots together you get the exact spot of our garrison. I hope you enjoyed reading and I hope this was helpful to more people than I expect ( as it might be too obvious for some very intelligent expert ). ^_^

Edit: Originally I thought this was the spot, but thanks to Lodovica I've realised I was wrong.

Update

When I first saw these screenshots I thought this one is the Gorgrond one because of the hill in the background ( which looks like those Grogrond volcanoes ). But after seeing the Draenor map today I noticed something. This is the Spires of Arak map. You see that alliance fortress? That's our garrison. That volcano/hill in the background is actually one of the spires of arak :P The spires of arak, as you can see on the map, are in orange ( dirt ) and black/brown. I can see the spire in the background follows the same pattern. You can see it on the fourth and fifth screenshtos from the garrison preview ( the one I linked above ) right above the jewelcrafting house. Also, as you can see on the screenshots, the zone/area looks complete and when you look at Spires of Arak map, you can see how the zone is pretty empty ( those big brown fields with nothing on them ) but that specific area ( the alliance fortress ) is complete :P

I also found this. This confirms our Garrison's location in Shadowmoon Valley. It's exactly where Lodovica said.

I am wondering where this garrison is located. None of the zones has dark blue-ish trees and skybox. In fact, only 2 zones have similiar trees. Spires of Arak and Tanaan Jungle. I think this is again Spires of Arak but during the night. Tanaan Jungle's trees are way too green ( according to the Draenor map, which is like a screenshot from above ).

We were shown this screenshot some time ago in one of the Blizzard Dev tweets. I found it on the map too - right here. There isn't even a need to point out the similarities :P
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2014-04-05 at 01:54 PM.

After checking the map and the screenshots you provided, I believe the Garrison is positioned elsewhere, namely.... here.
    I base this on the curve in the river which flows through the garrison and off down a cliff and the ocean/sea in the background of the first two screenshots, together with the hint of a lake close by the river. The waterfall aligns nicely with the Temple from that hill.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the path/trail which shows in your first two screenshots matches with the path/trail shown where I marked the map.
    Last edited by PomPomPop; 2014-04-03 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Spelling.

I'm going with Lodovica's location too.

I also agree with Lodo.

I was going to post the same thing as Lodovica, that's definitely the more likely spot.

Deleted
    Well nice job on finding out the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    After checking the map and the screenshots you provided, I believe the Garrison is positioned elsewhere, namely.... here.
    I base this on the curve in the river which flows through the garrison and off down a cliff and the ocean/sea in the background of the first two screenshots, together with the hint of a lake close by the river. The waterfall aligns nicely with the Temple from that hill.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the path/trail which shows in your first two screenshots matches with the path/trail shown where I marked the map.
    :O I actually hadn't noticed that spot at all. The 2 spots ( the one I marked, and the one you marked ) look quite the same... The curve of the river, the lake with the isle, the surrounding mountains, even the paths...the sight of the temple in the background. But I think you are right.

Will edit my original post with your version and give credits ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    :O I actually hadn't noticed that spot at all. The 2 spots ( the one I marked, and the one you marked ) look quite the same... The curve of the river, the lake with the isle, the surrounding mountains, even the paths...the sight of the temple in the background. But I think you are right.

Will edit my original post with your version and give credits ^^
    So very sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. It was really clever of you to try and pin-point where it could be. I hadn't even thought of it and now all I can think of is where the other garrisons could be in a zone.

Very nice find

or maybe more than 1 spot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Warak View Post
    That would be awesome, wouldn't it? Having a choice within one single zone. If only... hasn't Blizzard hinted in it being only one spot in one zone? (I am honestly not sure.)

So very sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. It was really clever of you to try and pin-point where it could be. I hadn't even thought of it and now all I can think of is where the other garrisons could be in a zone.
    No, no ^^ It's alright. I wanted to find the spot, you helped me in a way heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Warak View Post
    Hmm I won't say it's impossible, but it is highly unlikely. We'll probably have 1 spot per zone. I doubt there will be separate spots for the 2 factions either. I am fine with just having the ability to choose the zone for my garrison :P

- - - Updated - - -

and now all I can think of is where the other garrisons could be in a zone.
    Well then, go ahead and find it
    I am curious where exactly it will be located in Frostfire Ridge, heh.

Oh goodness, don't tempt me xD! It is much harder with all the Garrison screenshots having been made in Shadowmoon Valley. We don't have anything to go with. If I have to go with the position of the Shadowmoon garrison, I would expect the Frostfire Garrison to be near the big city like Bladespire Fortress for an example but it could be completely opposite. It all seems so empty... it feels like a boring dreadful place compared to Shadowmoon.

It could be east of Thunderfall, in that empty spot among the mountains and south of the paths leading into Gorgrond (or Talador). It could be anywhere, there is empty spots aplenty.

No, no ^^ It's alright. I wanted to find the spot, you helped me in a way heh.

Hmm I won't say it's impossible, but it is highly unlikely. We'll probably have 1 spot per zone. I doubt there will be separate spots for the 2 factions either. I am fine with just having the ability to choose the zone for my garrison :P

- - - Updated - - -

Looking for fairly empty spots... there is one on the far east, next to a small lava pool. The middle area looks fairly empty, too. North cliff, east of the Ice Forge. And... that empty spot under the path that leads west.

If garrisons are where we are going to be spending most of our time (as our capital city equivalent) I really hope our garrisons are not located in either Shadowmoon or Frostfire Ridge, given how far they are from pretty much everywhere else. Given that we won't have flying mounts, we'll have to make the trek to Ashran or Gorgrond (or alternatively Nagrand and Arak) on our tigers.

Unless of course, Blizzard allows us to have a portal to our garrison as well as our ordinary hearth. Then that would solve most of the problems of transportation in WoD. If they don't, the most efficient crafters will be mages come the expansion! (Because you know they will have a portal spell to the garrison. Only makes sense.)

It would be nice if one day they expanded the choices of locations you could build your Garrison.

Ideally a location near every races capitol would be fitting, and the architecture/ landscape would reflect that location.

Okay, it might be easier to find where it would be in this map.

I think its in that someone not textured area at the northeastern part of the map. It seems odd for it to be not textured there in a small area.

EDIT: Just really noticed the other grey area, I'm talking about the small grey area, the large one seems to be a large town that has yet to be finished.
    Last edited by Ticj; 2014-04-04 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diaskeaus View Post
    If garrisons are where we are going to be spending most of our time (as our capital city equivalent) I really hope our garrisons are not located in either Shadowmoon or Frostfire Ridge, given how far they are from pretty much everywhere else. Given that we won't have flying mounts, we'll have to make the trek to Ashran or Gorgrond (or alternatively Nagrand and Arak) on our tigers.

Unless of course, Blizzard allows us to have a portal to our garrison as well as our ordinary hearth. Then that would solve most of the problems of transportation in WoD. If they don't, the most efficient crafters will be mages come the expansion! (Because you know they will have a portal spell to the garrison. Only makes sense.)
    You will be able to choose the location ( the zone ) of your Garrison. It can be in any of the 7 zones on Draenor ( Frostfire Ridge, Gorgrond, Tanaan Jungle, Spires of Arak, Nagrand, Talador, Shadowmoon Valley ). There will be an inn inside your garrison so you can set your hearthstone there thus giving you a free teleport to it. Inside your garrison, you can also have portals to cities ( through the mage tower I think ). So yeah, teleportation won't be such a problem.

tl:dr

OP was completely wrong. Second or third poster showed the right location.

Quote Originally Posted by Treydor View Post
    tl:dr

OP was completely wrong. Second or third poster showed the right location.
    Not completely wrong at all. The 2 spots ( the one I've marked and the one Lodovica marked ) are quite similiar. The places and things in the screenshots that I put the focus on just happened to appear on both spots on the map. The lake with the isle, the curved river, the mountains around, the sight of Karabor Temple in the background behind the townhall and so on. I simply didn't notice the other spot, but the arguments stay true for both spots ( it's just that the spot that Lodovica suggested is more likely ).

Shouldn't newbies be more polite? Sigh.