Deleted

increase in £ cost

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We will shortly be adjusting the pound sterling prices of some of the optional services we offer for World of Warcraft. We regularly review our pricing and services around the world to make sure we’re offering what we feel is the best entertainment value for the cost, and the upcoming adjustments are being made with that goal still in mind.

The new prices will take effect on April 30. You can see a breakdown of the changes below:

Name Change - Current Price: £6 | New Price: £7
    Pets - Current Price: £9 | New Price: No change
    Helms - Current Price: £10 | New Price: No change
    Appearance Change - Current Price: £12 | New Price: £13
    Guild Name Change - Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
    Character Transfer - Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
    Race Change - Current Price: £15 | New Price: £17
    Mounts - Current Price: £17 | New Price: No change
    Faction Change - Current Price: £20 | New Price: £22
    Guild Transfer - Current Price: £25 | New Price: No change
    Guild Faction Change - Current Price: £30 | New Price: No change
    Level 90 Character Boost - Current Price: £40 | New Price: No change
    Guild Transfer and Faction Change - Current Price: £50 | New Price: No change
    So despite GBP being at near its strongest value against the dollar and the Euro than it has been in the past 5/6 years, Blizzard take this as an opportunity to raise the prices of GBP services.

I am hoping i have missed some other notes where both euro and $ transactions have also increased otherwise this is just a bad joke. Not to mention that already GBP customers generally already pay more based on current exchange rates than both other currencies

Mod-note: Locked the thread, there's already a thread of this topic.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-24 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Alright

ok

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wondred, why Brits get special treatment, and can pay in their own currency, where EU countries like Denmark and Sweden are forced to pay in forrign currency (Euro)..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

If you take the time to convert the old prices to Euros/Dollars, you'll find that the British have been getting stuff for cheaper for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I've always wondred, why Brits get special treatment, and can pay in their own currency, where EU countries like Denmark and Sweden are forced to pay in forrign currency (Euro)..
    Because the UK didn't join the Euro, we are only part of the Euro zone - We get all the "perks" without having to use the Euro itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    Because the UK didn't join the Euro, we are only part of the Euro zone - We get all the "perks" without having to use the Euro itself.
    Denmark is part of it as well, without using the Euro. It's the exact same situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    Neither have Denmark...
    In fact, we rejected the Euro as the first country in the EU, back in '91...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

How clever that they release the info underneath the sea of other things people can whine about so it will hopefully go unnoticed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you take the time to convert the old prices to Euros/Dollars, you'll find that the British have been getting stuff for cheaper for a very long time.
    Current transfer cost: £15, this equates to $25.20, or 18.21 euros. current US cost is $25, EU is 20 euros.
    Current faction transfer cost: £20, this equates to $33.60, or 24.28 euros, current US cost is $30, EU is 25 euros.

Surely the outlier here is that Euros are too expensive, and not that £ is too cheap given that US are getting things cheaper than everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    How clever that they release the info underneath the sea of other things people can whine about so it will hopefully go unnoticed.

- - - Updated - - -

Current transfer cost: £15, this equates to $25.20, or 18.21 euros. current US cost is $25, EU is 20 euros.
    Current faction transfer cost: £20, this equates to $33.60, or 24.28 euros, current US cost is $30, EU is 25 euros.

Surely the outlier here is that Euros are too expensive, and not that £ is too cheap given that US are getting things cheaper than everyone else.
    Pretty much sums it up. Just seems that Blizz is determined to screw over their UK player base rather than address the high euro costs. But why make people happy by reducing costs when you can make more cash instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread,

there is already a thread of same topic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..