Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    How much do you reckon the movie will bank?

  2. #262
    Really depends how well this movie's going to be marketted. If anything, even if they don't make it in the NA sales, they'll make it back in global sales no doubt.

  3. #263
    Who are these Jedi guys?

  4. #264
    Was anybody able to purchase the Empire 300th Issue special thingimabob? Perhaps scan the article that talks about Warcraft? Possibly even send the scans to my email?

  5. #265
    I am Murloc! shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by poddancer View Post
    How much do you reckon the movie will bank?
    Quite a bit, even if just current WoW subscribers goes to the movie, that's 8 million x 13$ box office ticket. That's ~104,000,000 in guaranteed box office revenue.

    On top of that, people are going to drag their families to these movies, not to mention the regular joes and random people who decide that Warcraft is the movie they are going to watch that week.

    It probably won't be a billion dollar blockbuster like Avatar or Dark Knight but I'm sure it won't be a total flop.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Quite a bit, even if just current WoW subscribers goes to the movie, that's 8 million x 13$ box office ticket. That's ~104,000,000 in guaranteed box office revenue.

    On top of that, people are going to drag their families to these movies, not to mention the regular joes and random people who decide that Warcraft is the movie they are going to watch that week.

    It probably won't be a billion dollar blockbuster like Avatar or Dark Knight but I'm sure it won't be a total flop.

    I dont think every single WoW player would go see it

    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I dont think every single WoW player would go see it
    Not everyone, but it can't be denied that that's a solid base of people who are very likely to see it, plus friends and family.
    "I wouldn't anticipate seeing much of doctor boom" - Trump 2014
    "I myself am not too hopeful about the Grim Patron deck" - Trump 2015
    "(Secret Paladin) didn't work out and I don't think Mysterious Challenger will change that." - Trump 2015
    "(Darkshire Councilman) takes a bit too long to get set up...bad" - Trump 2016

  8. #268
    I am Murloc! shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I dont think every single WoW player would go see it
    Obviously not everyone, but Warcraft players are definitely the target demographic here.

  9. #269
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,737
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Obviously not everyone, but Warcraft players are definitely the target demographic here.
    I doubt they're the target demographics, it's nowhere near big enough to target a 250 million project at, especially considering most players are foreign markets which they get less money from, and most from China were film isn't as widely spread (if what I have read in the past is correct) and they pay nowhere near close to what Americans or Europeans do.

    Plus, they can count on most western WoW players going to see it, so they really don't need to target them at all.


    Blizzard need to market HARD at the your every day man and woman, get rid of the stigma of WoW straight away on the product, and push that it's a fantasy epic in the same style as LOTR or GoT.

  10. #270
    Merely a Setback Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    30,544
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I doubt they're the target demographics, it's nowhere near big enough to target a 250 million project at, especially considering most players are foreign markets which they get less money from, and most from China were film isn't as widely spread (if what I have read in the past is correct) and they pay nowhere near close to what Americans or Europeans do.

    Plus, they can count on most western WoW players going to see it, so they really don't need to target them at all.


    Blizzard need to market HARD at the your every day man and woman, get rid of the stigma of WoW straight away on the product, and push that it's a fantasy epic in the same style as LOTR or GoT.
    Fantasy epic yeah but LOTR has a tidbit of *realism*. It's sort of in the same area of Clash of the Titans(With the Greek Gods and stuff).
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  11. #271
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fantasy epic yeah but LOTR has a tidbit of *realism*. It's sort of in the same area of Clash of the Titans(With the Greek Gods and stuff).
    They might try do a bit more gritty realism to appeal to the Nolan market

  12. #272
    I am Murloc! shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    They might try do a bit more gritty realism to appeal to the Nolan market
    A Dark Souls feel to the Warcraft story would be incredible. Judging from the first photos though I can see this going more of the Hobbit though..

  13. #273
    Merely a Setback Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    30,544
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    A Dark Souls feel to the Warcraft story would be incredible. Judging from the first photos though I can see this going more of the Hobbit though..
    With Fantasy elements Lots of Fantasy. I think the bigger problem is something everyone's overlooked.




    Who's going to be..Jenkins.
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  14. #274
    This looks terrible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •