warrior or rogue for solo random bg play?

hey all. i haven't played wow in a while and im planning to get back for occasional random bg play. none of my friends really play anymore, and i don't have enough time to commit to be in a guild or do scheduled weekly events like rbgs and arena. i just jump on a few hours a week and mess up some randoms.

i have a 90 of everything, but war/rogue seem pretty decent. i just dont know about the state of pvp right now and how its looking in the next expansion. anyone have any opinions on the matter? all my 90s are equally geared - horribly.

Deleted
    Warrior!
    I love warriors and they are really fun for me, even as PvE Player some bgs are always fun on my war. i loved rogue in wrath, especially sub, but it feels a lot different now so i really enjoy warrior also they are very strong in terms of damage right now

Deleted
    Depends how you like to play. As a Warrior your battleground control comes from taking each fight head on, always being in the place of most resistance and smacking things in the face with your two-hander. As a Rogue you do the opposite, all of the BGs which I've turned the tide as Rogue have involved minimal combat but a large emphasis on scouting and harassing bases, then capping ones with 1 target, sometimes 2 if they've both used trinket and you have blind+sap.

Edit: I should say that both are very fun to me. Taking LH in Gilneas alone at the start while you leave your entire team behind to cap the other two and going on to win 3-0 immediately is very satisfying, not to mention I've won RBGs by grabbing flags that EFCs have dropped to give to the tank. As is demolishing everything in your path as a Warrior.
    Last edited by mmoca0dbd288a6; 2014-04-24 at 07:18 PM.

would you guys say they are both on equal footing as far as damage and defense are concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
    would you guys say they are both on equal footing as far as damage and defense are concerned?
    A warrior (in scoreboard dps) should really blow an equally skilled rogue out of the water in most bg's. Assuming you have a healer, warrior cleave is probably the strongest up there with uh dks and afflocks.

Rogues just have a very different purpose. Bombing fc's solocapping and spinning nodes. If you're spending most of your time in teamfights as a rogue, you're usually not offering much.

Edit: as to defenses, rogues are nigh invulnerable in short bursts but very squishy the longer you stay in without cooldowns. Warriors are better the longer the battle goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    A warrior (in scoreboard dps) should really blow an equally skilled rogue out of the water in most bg's. Assuming you have a healer, warrior cleave is probably the strongest up there with uh dks and afflocks.

Rogues just have a very different purpose. Bombing fc's solocapping and spinning nodes. If you're spending most of your time in teamfights as a rogue, you're usually not offering much.

Edit: as to defenses, rogues are nigh invulnerable in short bursts but very squishy the longer you stay in without cooldowns. Warriors are better the longer the battle goes on.
    i wont have a healer

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are not well suited for toe to toe brawling as has been mentioned. They excel at small tactical engagements vs 1-2 opponents or in situations where controlling your opponent is more important than killing your opponent, i.e, ninja caps.

Which is not to say that they can't put out punishing amounts of damage when they need to (assuming CDs are up).

Also to be mentioned is that rogues are not well liked in PvP. Many people will go out of their way to kill a rogue where they might not be inclined to were it another class. Even though rogues are relatively balanced this expansion, people still remember all the occasions from times past when some rogue ganked them in a stunlock or pissed in their breakfast cereal then vanished off like a sissy.

A rogue is the lone ranger. Running into a base trying to cap it. Where as the Warrior is better in the heart of everything. Blade storming the faces of your enemies. I love both classes. Rogue provides for more enemy rage if u play it right tho!

Deleted
    Well, a s a Rogue you have 3 viable specs for random BGs, while Warrior has only one (Arms) and occasionaly two (tank in AV).

Go Rogue.
    As a Warrior you need a healer behind you or you will spend most of your time in the graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    not to mention I've won RBGs by grabbing flags that EFCs have dropped to give to the tank. As is demolishing everything in your path as a Warrior.
    Oh heck that was the most memorable thing in a WSG that has ever happened to me! Me, on my lowly Gnome Rogue watching a Shaman FC and a Warrior talking in say, not knowing what they're talking about, but anticipating the change...

The sound of my heart grew loud in my ears.

And then it happened! The sparkle of our flag materialising on their bases roof. Me smashing my sprint button and click spamming where our prized possession was about to appear!

I think I spammed /lol a bit too much after that!
    RETH

Depends what you want to do, you won't be turning the tide of any team fights as a rogue without communication but your harass and burst is insane. Consistent DPS isn't there but that's not what rogues are for. If you just want to dive in and beat the shit out of everything play warrior, if you want a more tactical playstyle go with rogue.

Thanks so much for all your input guys! this has given me a lot to think about, i am pretty sure i'll go with the rogue. i've done so much straight face smash in my wow career, i think focusing on the more tactical opportunities the rogue has will be more fun.