Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In answer to the OP, you shouldn't be a full-time Fistweaver. You'll do half the damage or less of a DPS and half the healing or less of a healer. The end result being that the raid gets less than one full raider's worth of healing+DPS from you. If you're the third healer and want in on a fight that only needs to be two healed, you might consider building a WW set and learning how to DPS as a WW. You'll already be familiar with most of the WW toolkit if you understand how to Fistweave.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfz View Post
    I also use words like "if" and "considered"

Well, if that is the definition of a smart heal than I would conclude that Mistweavers have a number of smart "enough" heals. Their heals graduated high school at a C average but didn't go into college.
    Just do a Google search for something like "smart heal definition wow". Here's a link. If you read through any number of those links, you'll find that it's defined by Blizzard and the community as a heal that targets the most injured player or players. On the upside, no one will need to know or care what a smart heal is once WoD comes out. Blizzard is doing away with smart heals and making all heals that were smart heals just heal random party or raid members in their range.

Quote Originally Posted by dennix View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/r4xzv...e=13760#Dennix

here is a log me, back in the day.. its a combination of healing/lightningweaving.. (340k HPs, 140k DPs)
    The log that was linked is from Norushen, a fight where you get a massive damage and healing buff after you come out of the shadow realm. That's hardly a normal encounter. A more reasonable encounter for healing would be IJ or really just about any other boss fight in SoO.

Fistweaving is an important part of the MW tookit, and there can be no debate that it can be useful when used properly, but it's not like Atonement healing where the priest just needs to Divine Star once every now and then and fill the rest of the time with Smite or Spirit Shell. Hell, there's a raider in my guild who has a priest alt. He's progressing through SoO on a Disc Priest with high haste, and all he does is spam smite. I know of no monks that can heal the entirety or even the majority of SoO using nothing but Fistweaving. To say that monks have a viable means to heal a raid and do respectable DPS at the same time for the entire duration of a fight on the majority of heroic encounters is a flat out lie. It can and should be used during lulls or low damage portions of a fight, but it isn't something that should be used if the raid is taking heavy damage.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-04-29 at 09:41 AM.

Also, how is ReM not a Smart heal. It jumps to players intelligently deciding who it should jump to next. If you put ReM into the equation I know for a fact that most 95 percent of the fights I'm in ReM is my number one heal.
    ReM is a spell that has a certain sort of healing logic, its not intelligent the player simply chooses how they want the spell to act.

If you leave it unglyphed it finds the nearest injured (not not most injured) target from the original ReM target within 20 yards and then does this a second time using the same logic.

Glyphing ReM causes it to find the farthest injured (again not most injured) target from the original ReM target within 40 yards and then does this once more using the exact same logic.

The reason I highlighted injured is because a smart heal will choose the most injured target. If you cast Circle of healing and you have 10 people total injured it will choose the guy at 30%, 35%, 40%, 45%, 55%, and 56% before it picks the guys that are at 90%, 92%, 93%, and 99%. The exception to this is obviously ranged but we're going to say that they're all within range of your CoH target.

The only smart heal that mistweavers have is Eminence healing (statue Eminence isn't a second spell either, its caused by one action with the ability to focus effectively half of eminence's throughput elsewhere) which has a 20 yard range. In raiding the ONLY time you'll see eminence as the top heals is gimmick fights (see Norushen, Horridon, or basically any boss with a +damage taken modifier), the 3rd healer that's for some reason been relegated to only fistweaving instead of being just a dps (which is more useful to your raid in its current state), people who choose to ignore at least basic ReM + Uplift usage, or very bored mistweavers trying to make things more interesting on farm. Looking at most progression fights you'll see Uplift and ReM doing most of your healing with your breakdown often times varying from there.

Gift of the serpent also isn't a smart heal, it has the chance to spawn near anybody who recieves a heal so long as its not overheal. That could be healing someone from 80% to 85% or 10% to 15%. There isn't any sort of "smart" healing going on there its rng.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

chi wave is a smart heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    On the upside, no one will need to know or care what a smart heal is once WoD comes out. Blizzard is doing away with smart heals and making all heals that were smart heals just heal random party or raid members in their range.
    Actually that's not accurate. Only things that heal multiple targets are becoming random. Healing Stream Totem, Ysera's Gift, Eminence (including Xuen), Chi Wave, and Atonement (get screwed again Paladins!) will remain as smart heals because frankly they would be less than worthless if they weren't. This actually further proves the difference between hitting the most injured player for you and randomly hitting injured targets.