Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    Hey Kihra, loving Warcraftlogs.

Now, sometimes I forget to clear the combatlog because i'm a derp, and was wondering if there could be an option to move the raid logs to another date (aka the date we actually did the raid on ;_

Thanks!
    If im not completly wrong thats alrdy done, or it takes the last date used in the file.

Deleted
    I have one piece of feedback I would like to give WoL.

The implementation of item level brackets is a great idea on paper, but in reality it doesn't really say all that much. You can perform stellar in your spec, and still be only 86th percentile in your bracket, while being 95+

It can be misleading to look at certain players performing well in their brackets, if you do not keep the item level in the back of you head. 9 out of 10 times, the players with the highest rank in their bracket, are players that are at the maximum item level of that bracket. If that same player then, for example, gets a new piece of gear and gains one item level, he or she will perform relatively worse in their bracket, if they were to pull of a similar performance as before.

I know recruiting guilds look at logs and rankings and, as much as brackets don't say everything, it -is- more tempting to recruit a player with higher bracket percentiles than one with lower percentiles.

Once again, I really like the idea of brackets, but the way it is now, it kind of feels like a compromise. The best solution would either be to have no brackets, -or- (and I would love this) have a percentile comparison per single item level, instead of an entire bracket. I have no idea if that is hard to implement, but I think it's absolutely worth the effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salahuddin View Post
    I have one piece of feedback I would like to give WoL.

The implementation of item level brackets is a great idea on paper, but in reality it doesn't really say all that much. You can perform stellar in your spec, and still be only 86th percentile in your bracket, while being 95+

It can be misleading to look at certain players performing well in their brackets, if you do not keep the item level in the back of you head. 9 out of 10 times, the players with the highest rank in their bracket, are players that are at the maximum item level of that bracket. If that same player then, for example, gets a new piece of gear and gains one item level, he or she will perform relatively worse in their bracket, if they were to pull of a similar performance as before.

I know recruiting guilds look at logs and rankings and, as much as brackets don't say everything, it -is- more tempting to recruit a player with higher bracket percentiles than one with lower percentiles.

Once again, I really like the idea of brackets, but the way it is now, it kind of feels like a compromise. The best solution would either be to have no brackets, -or- (and I would love this) have a percentile comparison per single item level, instead of an entire bracket. I have no idea if that is hard to implement, but I think it's absolutely worth the effort.
    Percentiles are worked out from your rank versus how many people are playing that spec. So what you are suggesting would be single item level brackets, which would be terrible, given that someone could be rank 5 but have a terrible percentile because no one is that ilvl, but if say more people were to do the fight at that item level they might not beat them. So percentile isnt everything.
    Last edited by mmocf64fc1dee4; 2015-04-29 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Firstly, I'd like to say that I think almost everything you've done with WarcraftLogs so far has been amazing, and myself and everyone I know that uses it hugely appreciates it and thinks it's a massive improvement over WoL.

That said, I take issue with the KRSI metric. I realize it's still somewhat experimental, if you will, but the mechanic simply doesn't consistently provide valuable information and encourages bizarre choices in terms of CD usage. It either needs revision or removal, and quite frankly I struggle to see how even adding it was necessary given the existence of TMI and the fact that TMI is already fully functional and implemented. It currently feels completely superfluous, especially so because it's far too dependent on number of tanks and overall strategy to make cross-log comparisons meaningful.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) The ability to delete or make private individual boss fights from one log. I know I am OCD about having duplicate fights under mine and others rankings. There have been many times where one uploaded log (whether it be from me or someone else) has fights from two different raid groups. And the only way to see both of them is to upload them both, even though someone else will have already uploaded logs from one of the other groups, resulting in duplicate logs.

2) All stars rankings based on progression. I.e. be able to filter out all stars based on certain fights. So lets say that you take someone who is 5/10M and then you can filter out every fight except those 5, and compare yourself to everyone else while only considering those 5 bosses. Its an interesting metric I know that I would love to see. I would love to compare myself against others on the whole but I can't really do that because I haven't cleared all content yet.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    YES PLEASE!
    When you're on farm with Disc and Hpals healing ranks are non-existent. Our DPS is like a consolation prize
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7#class=Healers

Deleted

Yes. But it doesn't show in the rankings tab of a log

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun
    That said, I take issue with the KRSI metric. I realize it's still somewhat experimental, if you will, but the mechanic simply doesn't consistently provide valuable information and encourages bizarre choices in terms of CD usage. It either needs revision or removal, and quite frankly I struggle to see how even adding it was necessary given the existence of TMI and the fact that TMI is already fully functional and implemented. It currently feels completely superfluous, especially so because it's far too dependent on number of tanks and overall strategy to make cross-log comparisons meaningful.
    I think it provides valuable data as an aggregated statistic (which was the primary point in adding support for it). For example, once you look across all tanks, it is in fact working pretty well as an indicator of tank survivability balance.

However at the individual level, i.e., rankings, I tend to agree that it is problematic. It is labeled as Experimental, so really there isn't any reason to read too much into it right now.

Then again, you can't compare HPS or DPS across logs if the healer or DPS assignments are different, so I think saying that cross-log comparisons aren't meaningful is a bit of a stretch. They're no more or less meaningful than comparing HPS/DPS, i.e., you need to find a parse where the tank's job is similar to your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717
    1) The ability to delete or make private individual boss fights from one log. I know I am OCD about having duplicate fights under mine and others rankings. There have been many times where one uploaded log (whether it be from me or someone else) has fights from two different raid groups. And the only way to see both of them is to upload them both, even though someone else will have already uploaded logs from one of the other groups, resulting in duplicate logs.
    This is on my long list of features to add. I am not sure when I'll get to it, but it is on the list. Probably not "private" fights, but you will have the ability to delete individual fights from a log.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717
    2) All stars rankings based on progression. I.e. be able to filter out all stars based on certain fights. So lets say that you take someone who is 5/10M and then you can filter out every fight except those 5, and compare yourself to everyone else while only considering those 5 bosses. Its an interesting metric I know that I would love to see. I would love to compare myself against others on the whole but I can't really do that because I haven't cleared all content yet.
    This probably isn't going to happen. All Stars take hours to compute, and I can't really get into computing aggregate scores for all the various combinations of bosses. This isn't something I can show on the fly. It has to be computed as a background task that runs for a long time.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    This is on my long list of features to add. I am not sure when I'll get to it, but it is on the list. Probably not "private" fights, but you will have the ability to delete individual fights from a log.

This probably isn't going to happen. All Stars take hours to compute, and I can't really get into computing aggregate scores for all the various combinations of bosses. This isn't something I can show on the fly. It has to be computed as a background task that runs for a long time.
    Ah darn, no problem I understand. Just thought I'd throw it in there to see if it was possible. Keep up the good work. WCL is an amazing site and much better than WoL and AMR. All your hard work that you put into the site is greatly appreciated
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    Spirit link = healing now on WCL?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=11

Any logic behind that? Since it just redistributes damage. It's basically counting the friendly fire from link as a heal which means it's counted twice. 1) when the link redistributes damage and 2) when the damage is actually healed up.

So that log has 318.44m healing done but only 303.79m damage taken due to 2 Rshammans

(Yes this is me QQing as a meter whore, but I'm right)

Look at the last row of the table you linked again. It's negative healing, so it comes out as 0 at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    Spirit link = healing now on WCL?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=11

Any logic behind that? Since it just redistributes damage. It's basically counting the friendly fire from link as a heal which means it's counted twice. 1) when the link redistributes damage and 2) when the damage is actually healed up.

So that log has 318.44m healing done but only 303.79m damage taken due to 2 Rshammans

(Yes this is me QQing as a meter whore, but I'm right)
    You're not right, it's listed there twice and one of the values is a negative.

Deleted
    Im retarded

Deleted
    On gorefiend, (could be a mistake from the person who logged or w/e) we had that the dps was completly diffrent then on our own damage meters. The one who logged said that was due to being in the stomache. So don't know if that is why it is lower, but if it is please fix

Quote Originally Posted by Helmine View Post
    On gorefiend, (could be a mistake from the person who logged or w/e) we had that the dps was completly diffrent then on our own damage meters. The one who logged said that was due to being in the stomache. So don't know if that is why it is lower, but if it is please fix
    Fights where people are in different realms at different times have always logged this way. I don't know for sure but I assume it is a limitation imposed by the game code itself and not by WCL. Just gonna have to log yourself to have your most accurate numbers on those fights.

As far as I know, phasing during a boss fight shouldn't be a problem for logging any more since patch 6.2. I've just checked my own logs and even during phases where I'm in the stomach I can see the damage from people above just fine. Same for Kilrogg.

Maybe your ingame damage meter wasn't up to date? There are several trinkets in 6.2 that need special handling.

Deleted
    Several people in the guild had it. Must have been an ingame mistake then i guess Sorry!

Your "damage statistics" page for item level scaling seems to be broken when looking at all item levels. Instead of showing all item levels, it just shows the 679-681 bracket, which doesn't even exist anymore.

www (dot) warcraftlogs (dot) com/statistics/8#itemleveldisplay=scaled&difficulty=4 (Not allowed to post links because I haven't made enough posts)

As for feedback, I'd like to see you guys concentrate on getting the "Problems" tab constructed for each new raid tier quicker. Combined with live logging, it's an insanely useful tool for figuring out where your raid is going wrong. And as you complete Normal/Heroic versions of the page, apply the same analysis to Mythic versions with the disclaimer that it's still under construction. That way we can get some feedback even if the Mythic Problems tab isn't complete yet.

Is it possible to filter healing done by "damaging ability"? It's quite useful to see the effective healing done in p2+(p3 mythic) Velhari by hovering over healers' healing done and seiing how much of each damaging ability they actually healed/absorbed but I can't find a way to get a more comprehensive list.

Deleted
    Hi!

Lately I've found myself only raiding by pugging and, sometimes, I'm curious how I did in some group. I don't usually log my runs, but, sometimes on the pugs, people do. When browsing through my character's logs is hard to check if there was any new log of my character.
    What I was wondering is, if it's feasible to implement a filter on the dates of the logs showing on this page (one of my chars):https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...latest/#boss=0

More specifically, I was wondering if it was possible to implement an option that would say "Show logs from the last X days", allowing us, users, to input the range X.